Franck Ribery (8 Viewers)

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Barzagli is only one centre back, we need more than one. Swap Camo for Samuel. Samuel and Barzagli in defence would be perfect.
Despite being a fan of Italian defenders, I think that Barzagli is a little bit overrated. Also, Samuel is a bench warmer at Inter and I see nothing special in him that can urge us to sign him, to be honest.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Despite being a fan of Italian defenders, I think that Barzagli is a little bit overrated. Also, Samuel is a bench warmer at Inter and I see nothing special in him that can urge us to sign him, to be honest.
I cant say that Barzagli is overrated, but I think he is unproven yet as world class defender!
As 4 Samuel. Hell no way him at Juve :tdown:

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I cant say that Barzagli is overrated, but I think he is unproven yet as world class defender!
As 4 Samuel. Hell no way him at Juve :tdown:
Barzagli will turn 27 by the summer, I think. And it is supposed that that age is the peak of a footballer, of course it varies from one to another one.

I can't deny that he played well in the World Cup, he secured the match against Ukraine and his partnership with Cannavaro was very good. On the contrary, he hasn't done anything special with Palermo so far this term and his overall performance during the last season was far better.

Hence, I don't want us to build high hopes on him being the one who can lead the back four.

Mar 14, 2004
And all the people wanted him when he was in roma :)

remember Cannavaro,he also was a nerrazzuri and was also a shyte there.... and then he came to us ;)

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
And all the people wanted him when he was in roma :)

remember Cannavaro,he also was a nerrazzuri and was also a shyte there.... and then he came to us ;)
In fact, I've discussed my viewpoint regarding Samuel a lot.

Ahmedios said:
And I don't see anything special in Samuel duing his pre-Inter period. He was above average at Roma (Thanks to the sterile defensive tactics of Capello) and he was below average at Real Madrid, that's why he was usually sidelined and now he is far below par.

Another point here, how can the best player in the world be compared to Samuel?
Ahmedios said:
At Roma, Capello used 3-6-1 formation, which is charactarised by having three defenders in the centre and a strong defensive supply form the midfield. It is a defensive tactics, even below average defenders would puzzle some people, as they might consider that the greatness of such a defensive performance is related to the defenders, whereas in fact it is all related to the tactic itself. Even though, Roma had a strong squad when they won the Scudetto; Candela, Cafu, Lima, Panucci and Zebina (he was in a good form). All the previously mentioned players are defenders and Samuel was just part of the whole performance.
You can check the full discussion here. ;)

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I have just seen Ribery during the WC, and he was really good. But how has he played this season for Marseille? Any improvements?

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Ribery is in a squad at Marseille that is struggling to achieve a European place next season. His form has been consistently good but he is determined to leave in June.

Real Madrid are at the head of the queue hoping to prise him away to the Bernabeu. CDS has revealed that Juventus are now ready to table an £11m offer for the attacking midfielder and that DD has already talked to the Marseille management.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)