Franck Ribery (20 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
It seems that also Real Madrid is interested to him
Real Madrid needs a proper winger.

I told you we´ll have a tough competition for him, and there is no way Juventus can match with Real Madrid regarding transfer funds.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Cause they don´t play with wingers, they have Robben, Cole and Wright-Phillips and they don´t use them. :wallbang:
I don't know Mark. Wright-Phillips could leave in this Jan. transfer market - He deserves to play on a regular basis. For a man such as me, who isnt overly impressed by the standard of English players, Wright-Phillips is one of few who genuinely excites the fans, and possess technical ability in abundance.

Anyhow, Chelski will probably be in for a defender or two over next few weeks. John Terry is injured, and they will need a replacement. Right now, only Cavalho, IMO, has played something up to his standard (Ricardo has been awesome). So Ribery is likely to be the last one on their list. On the other hand, I see situation changing in the summer. Cole had an injury plagued year, Robben might sulk and leave, and Mourinho doesnt seem to be quite convinced with SWP. Ribery is better than all of them IMO.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
i would like to see Robben in our Team if Ribery will not join us.
No doubt if we think about his quality. But like Mark said we will have to compete for these players. I don't know whether we can win against the likes of Real, Barca, or even Inter in the calcio mercato but we should at least give a try.:)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I mentioned Robben some time ago. :D

I´m a big fan of him, and if you look closely on WC2006 , the Holland NT tactics depended on him, he was the most useful player for them.

And yet, he cannot find space in Chelsea. :disagree:

If Chelsea used Wright-Phillips and Cole/Robben they would have twice better results than they have now.

malducato1

Dec 26, 2005
I would take any one of those three players. Robben was excellant during the world cup but at times he was too much of a ball hog but other than that he is pure class. I was also impressed with aaron lennon for england when he played had a real fire to his belly.

But my first choice would be ribery, how can you not want someone with the nickname scarface in your team. Plus he's a good player to boot.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
You got to love all this wishful thinking guys. Lets all Wish for a windfall of whats the word?............Oh yeah MONEY! Lets get the money somehow before we get linked to such highly rated players such as Robben. We should be looking towards players who dont fit into their current squad but are not too expensive Eg: Sissoko, Mascherano.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
there are way too many teams in better positions, both CL participants and financially, who will get Ribery, and other big names, before we do

fender06

Sep 16, 2006
there are way too many teams in better positions, both CL participants and financially, who will get Ribery, and other big names, before we do
it's so sad we are as strong as Real and Barca before, we had $$ to buy players. But now...too sad to see we have not enough $ to buy talent players

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I dont understand players, who say, my dream team to play for is Real Madrid, havent they noticed, that RM ruins every young player career?

Which is why they get drawn into the glamour of the club, thinking that they are the player that will make them win stuff again. silly little boys wanna play for Real. Its the men with balls who wanna play for Juve. That doesnt include Vieira,Emerson, and Zlatan by the way by men having balls..:eyebrows:

curi83

Aug 9, 2006
Why are u all mentioning the Money ? Do you know how much Money Juventus can spend on the future Transfermarket? Of course all is going against us but a Club cant live without reserves for bad times. The Tamoil Deal was canceled? Another sponsor will come to us and buy good money because we are Juve ! We are the Club that was relegated to Serie B and kicked all asses and came back to Serie A to win something! Thats a free Marketing for every Sponsor. And all the Media Stuff with the Sponsor this is all Image for the new Sponsors. We are not Chievo or Bologna or another no name Club. And same thing with the Money of the Agnellis.

Btw: All the big Clubs in Europe has every Year Red Numbers at the Finish of the Year. Think to Real Madrid. They have sell the Training Buildings to have a better Balance. The players like Ribery (if im not wrong OM played only in the Uefa Cup) or Robben are players that can join Juve. Of course we will not play in CL next Year. But perhaps in the case of Ribery it doesnt count very much because Uefa Cup means nothing and with DD we have a Trainer that fits very well with the Frenchies and Robben can become a little call from Van Basten if Inter and Milan will not be ready to buy him. And we all know that Van Basten has had some beautiful Jears in Italy. And Robben will not find space in Teams like Real Madrid or Barca because they are still covered with Wingers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)