[FRA] Ligue 1 2011/2012 (85 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Amazing last 10 minutes to the Lyon - Ajaccio game. It ended 1-1 but the last ten minutes was continous pressure by Lyon, Pjanic hit a free kick on the post, a ball was cleared off the line, Ochoa(Ajaccio GK) saved at least 2-3 balls, and Bastos hit a fantastic overhead kick that skimmed the post in the last minute of the game.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Marseille surrendered a 2 goal lead away to Auxerre today. They seem to be having some serious problems with their defense this season.

Lille going to be hosting Montpellier in 15 minutes. Their first home game this season, lets see how they fare.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Well for one, if they want to keep playing a high defensive line, they need their midfielders to press the ball at all times, playing a high line without pressing the ball is suicidal if you ask me. I think their problems are tactical more than they are due to personnel.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well for one, if they want to keep playing a high defensive line, they need their midfielders to press the ball at all times, playing a high line without pressing the ball is suicidal if you ask me. I think their problems are tactical more than they are due to personnel.
You're very modest for a commander.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I don't always get your sense of humor, is this because i used the word "surrender"? Most of what i've been reading in the past 6 months has been military news from my home country, so you gotta excuse the vocab :p

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I don't always get your sense of humor, is this because i used the word "surrender"? Most of what i've been reading in the past 6 months has been military news from my home country, so you gotta excuse the vocab :p
I'm looking at you in your avatar and you're clearly some kind of highly decorated officer :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Amazing game by Lille yesterday, Hazard owning as usual. I think i might have been wrong about Lille not being able to get top 3 this season, if they keep Hazard i predict that they will make top 3. Their team is still very good, and they replaced the players that left quite well.

I'm not very fond of this new look Lyon, they play a straight 4-4-2, and look quite rigid and very predictable. Teams haven't had a hard time stopping them, most of their chances/goals are due to individual efforts by their players.

Today Pastore will be playing against Valenciennes, alongside Menez on the right and Nene on the left, with Gameiro playing ahead of them. Should make them entertaining to watch.

Also, the Marseille - St Etienne classic is going to be played today as well, always a great atmosphere for that game.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Poor first half by PSG, defensively they're really poor, no understanding between the defenders. Offensively they're all over the place, there is no game plan, no strategy, just individual efforts by Menez. I don't know what Kombouare is doing, doesn't seem up to the task to be honest. Also, i was disappointed not to see Pastore, they obviously played very well with him last thursday. Nene doesn't seem to be dealing with the added pressure well, he's been poor from the start of the season. I want to see Jallet coming as well, he adds much needed width, and he's a much better fullback than Ceara.

Credit to Valenciennes though, they're working hard in midfield and leaving little space for PSG's midfield. Gomis doing a good job on Bodmer, whose been really slow and ineffective, he should be taken out for Pastore.

Dossevi, Cohade, Danic and Pujol always dangerous on the break. Valenciennes never an easy team to play against :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 85)