[FRA] Ligue 1 2011/2012 (84 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Lyon have spent a lot of money over the past few years. Lisandro, Bastos, Cissoko were all relatively big deals. The same with L'OM: Lucho and Gignac.

I think both teams don't see a need to spend big this summer.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Cheese, I say we help them with their financial problems and buy Bastos whatcha think :D
If we can't someone better say Silva :snoop: I would be happy with Bastos, i rate him higher than Vargas.
Lyon have spent a lot of money over the past few years. Lisandro, Bastos, Cissoko were all relatively big deals. The same with L'OM: Lucho and Gignac.

:tup: I can see L'OM getting a couple of players if Lucho leaves as planned.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Menez has always been good. I don't get why people always like to call players like him shit and immediately compare them to Quaresma.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008

I agree. In Marseille's case they already have a solid squad that's capable of winning the league.

Overall, I believe the upcoming Ligue 1 season is going to be an exciting one.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Then you are holding it to Real Madrid, Man City standards. You want to make a judgment about how good their Mercato is, compare the players they are getting with the standard of players in other top Ligue teams. You cannot deny that any French team would love to have Pastore, Menez and Gameiro.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Then you are holding it to Real Madrid, Man City standards. You want to make a judgment about how good their Mercato is, compare the players they are getting with the standard of players in other top Ligue teams. You cannot deny that any French team would love to have Pastore, Menez and Gameiro.
Nah, I'm holding it to our standards... kinda. It seems like people here are kinda jealous of their mercato, the way we are with Genoa, Fiorentina or Roma from year to year.

I don't know about Gameiro so I'd only want Pastore from that. The Sissoko transfer was being hyped up as if he wasn't coming from our own Juve, desperate to get rid of him.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #116
    They are doing very good. I don't think they have a high reputation so I don't think they can get many major players even if they offer high wages. So far they are doing pretty well and they are making a very nice team. With not a lot of cash invested they made a great team and that's the point IMO. It's not like City who spend trillions on each player. They made an improvement with a new GK, Bisevac, Menez and Matuidi. Sissoko will do great there too. They are all very good players for pretty much low amount of money. They are going to have a team that is young but full of potential that's going to make them a big profit when they eventually sell. Bar that, they are going to have a rising star like Pastore who can turn into another Ronaldinho coming out from France. I think it's a great move for his career as he can prove damn lot in there, and if he proves himself we'll see another big sale worth 70mln+. Even if they don't win Ligue 1 this year, they are on a road to have a great squad that can compete in Europe.

Anyway, they are playing a friendly against Boca soon. Might be good to watch.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    They are doing very good. I don't think they have a high reputation so I don't think they can get many major players even if they offer high wages. So far they are doing pretty well and they are making a very nice team. With not a lot of cash invested they made a great team and that's the point IMO. It's not like City who spend trillions on each player. They made an improvement with a new GK, Bisevac, Menez and Matuidi. Sissoko will do great there too. They are all very good players for pretty much low amount of money. They are going to have a team that is young but full of potential that's going to make them a big profit when they eventually sell. Bar that, they are going to have a rising star like Pastore who can turn into another Ronaldinho coming out from France. I think it's a great move for his career as he can prove damn lot in there, and if he proves himself we'll see another big sale worth 70mln+. Even if they don't win Ligue 1 this year, they are on a road to have a great squad that can compete in Europe.

Anyway, they are playing a friendly against Boca soon. Might be good to watch.
    I agree with all that. They do look like a team that should be great to watch and will probably be title contenders and can grow to become a powerhouse. Just saying I don't really envy their mercato. Even Pastore, who we could do with was really overpriced (I understand that it probably was necessary to pay that to bring in a star player).

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #118
    It's not that I envy their mercato but considering they are a 'small' team in Europe they are probably doing the best job at the moment. I don't compare them with top teams, not just. Squad is full of talented and young players while prices are rather modest, bar Pastore. But even him, I think he will justify his price and bring them a big profit in a couple of years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 84)