Four Friendly Matches in England This Summer (6 Viewers)

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
I totally understand why it is a huge deal for Coventry city but why are we playing them, even in preseason? The last time Juve were in England for preseason was after wc98. But we did play against Newcastle which is a premiership side.
We now have a manager who worked in England, & figures England a good preparation for our new season, playing both difficult & easier opposition, with no disrespect to Coventry. Ranieri probably thinks accepting the offer of a game with a side like Coventry will be a good way to feature younger squad players like Palladino etc to see how they measure up against older, more experienced players from another country. Ranieri will also know that Coventry will be more up for it, because all Italian sides in pre season friendlies are notoriously slow starters.

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
how much will the coventry tickets cost?
See earlier posts by Rebel & Juve J in this thread...prices aren't yet announced.

right, so what is the final list of teams we're gonna play as of today? along with dates please! thank you!
Likewise, Reb is your guy for info on this. I had a look thru the official Juve site & came up with zilch, I'm afraid...

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I phoned the Coventry ticket office yesterday and tickets will be on sale this Monday. Looks like i'll be purchasing another few. Seeing as i live 1h 30min away from coventry. Ya Get Me! :eyebrows:

Ha Ha Ha......Boom! Boom! :D

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #167
    right, so what is the final list of teams we're gonna play as of today? along with dates please! thank you!

18th July: With Mezzocorona, Serie C2 club.
    22nd July: The national olympic Chinese team.
    29th July: Newcastle at 3 pm..
    31st July: Coventry City.
    4th August: Sunderland at 3 pm
    8th August: At Napoli: Birra Moretti (Inter & Napoli)
    11th August: Friendly against Roma
    14th August: Tim (Milan & Inter) at Milan
    17th August: Berlusconi Cup against Milan.
    22nd August: The Juve family traditional match at Villar Perosa.

See earlier posts by Rebel & Juve J in this thread...prices aren't yet announced.

Likewise, Reb is your guy for info on this. I had a look thru the official Juve site & came up with zilch, I'm afraid...
    :wink:

Mar 12, 2006
    4th of August I am already in Cardiff for the weekend where our team FC Twente play Cardiff City, so the game against Sunderland is not possible to watch and also the Newcastle match I have to skip but for the Coventry match I just found a cheap flying ticket 31 july Dortmund-Luton->train to Coventry, 1 aug Luton-Dortmund, 3 aug Amsterdam-Cardiff :p :tup:

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
    4th of August I am already in Cardiff for the weekend where our team FC Twente play Cardiff City, so the game against Sunderland is not possible to watch and also the Newcastle match I have to skip but for the Coventry match I just found a cheap flying ticket 31 july Dortmund-Luton->train to Coventry, 1 aug Luton-Dortmund, 3 aug Amsterdam-Cardiff :p :tup:
    hah unlucky, its a terrible place! ;)

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    There's been a problem getting tickets at the Coventry game. They have a problem with their prices as they KEEP telling me. ''Ring back later'' Thats all they keep saying. Bastards Give Me MY Ticket!!!!

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    gonna try and get tickets for teh newcastle game, its teh day after i go see hearts play barcelona, what a fantastic weekend that will be.

oh by the way i went onto the newcastle site and they have a poll asking which team tehy are most excited about playing..its a landslide for juve at the moment

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Juventus cancels Coventry match

Coventry City are left short-changed after Juventus cancel a pre-season friendly at the Rioch Arena. "Juventus have shown a real lack of professionalism to cancel the game in this manner after everything was agreed," Cov Managing Director Paul Fletcher fumed.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Juventus cancels Coventry match

Coventry City are left short-changed after Juventus cancel a pre-season friendly at the Rioch Arena. "Juventus have shown a real lack of professionalism to cancel the game in this manner after everything was agreed," Cov Managing Director Paul Fletcher fumed.
    oh goody perhaps they will play a london club instead!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)