Forza those late night shows (1 Viewer)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Conan is definately better than Leno, he is genuinly funny. Leno tries too hard, and he stares at his female guests breasts :p

I love the Daily Show w/ Jon Stewart

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Layce Erayce ] ++
I like Conan 100x more than Leno.

The chemistry between Weinberg and Conan is electric.

What are your favorite late night shows?
Conan is def the man. I cant wait til Lenos contract is up and Conan gets the Tonight show.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Not surprisingly, I used to be a big fan of Space Ghost: Coast to Coast myself.

Wassup wit Aqua Teen Hunger Force?

"Number one in the hood G".

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I think Conan for the most part is predictable and silly. But I don't laugh much watching Leno either, especially the headlines are very silly. And who the f is that guy with the guitar who keeps going "yeah, uhuh, really". stfu!

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
Leno show is better than conan show IMO
I'd go with that. Unfortunately, I think they're both quite weak these days. Those shows should be weekly, not nightly. The formulas get too tired, the jokes thin, the hosts disinterested. They wind up pandering to the lowest common denominator too.

Leno is supposed to have been a truely awesome standup in his youth. He once turned up for a little show (before he was famous) to find that the warm up and the next act had both been no-shows. Still in his motor-cycling gear, he got onto the stage in front of a restless crowd, and instead of his expected 15 minute slot, spent the next hour and a half ad libing. :thumb:

Leno's retiring in two years (or thereabouts), and Conan taking his place. I'd be interested to see who gets Conan's job though.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
Leno's retiring in two years (or thereabouts), and Conan taking his place. I'd be interested to see who gets Conan's job though.
There's an opening huh. How about you and I go for a double act? :D

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
There's an opening huh. How about you and I go for a double act? :D
Sure. You can be the Teller to my Penn. ;)

++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Like someone said, I like Jon Stewart.
I'd never heard of him, but I'm looking at a couple of videos (on comedycentral.com), and he's pretty good.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

Sure. You can be the Teller to my Penn. ;)

I'd never heard of him, but I'm looking at a couple of videos (on comedycentral.com), and he's pretty good.

Really? He's quite famous actually. And very funny. He's been in a few movies as well.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Really? He's quite famous actually. And very funny. He's been in a few movies as well.
:groan: Got nabbed by the boss looking at the videos of him. Better get some work done!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I never watch American late night shows anymore; they're too often too American. I don't get the jokes so I don't find them funny. Plus; they don't broadcast them on Dutch TV anymore (we used to have David Letterman among others) due to lack of popularity.

I'm a fan of Dutch late night show "JENSEN!", which is too fooking funny to describe in a couple of lines here. Plus, it's all about Dutch society so it's 'much closer to home'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)