Forum Bugs & Suggestions (13 Viewers)

OP
Marty

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,361
    Added Elasticsearch based search engine for much better search performance. Rebuilding search index now.

https://www.elastic.co/

EDIT: Search index rebuilt, database size reduced about 3.5 GB.

BTW we don't actually have a lot less users online, it's about the same, it just counts very different from the old forum with a shorter timeout and robots aren't included in the stats for example.

Buy on AliExpress.com
    Last edited:
    OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,363
    When will the forum look like it used to?
    It never will look like it used to and I don't intend to peddle backwards. I know lots of guys liked it but I'm pretty sure that's because they're used to spending so much with on it. A few members might not come back because of it but in order to move forward it is a change that needed doing.

The old forum was slower, used twice as many resources, required old software builds and its style was outdated and non-responsive.

That being said, if someone wants to make a style that looks just like our old forum I'll happily add it as an extra style, it might be a ton of work though.

Last edited:

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
    Sep 29, 2008
    It never will look like it used to and I don't intend to peddle backwards. I know lots of guys liked it but I'm pretty sure that's because they're used to spending so much with on it. A few members might not come back because of it but in order to move forward it is a change that needed doing.

The old forum was slower, used twice as many resources, required old software builds and its style was outdated and non-responsive.
    Dude, it was a joke. :D

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005

That being said, if someone wants to make a style that looks just like our old forum I'll happily add it as an extra style, it might be a ton of work though.
    I told some of the guys last week I didn't like it...its only because I was so used to the old one and knew were everything was :D

I'm starting to like it more now that I now where to click to get to where I wanna go lolol. I couldn't figure out where to click to take me to the last post in a thread but got that figured out. It keep taking me to the first post of the thread when I was looking on my phone. I really (REALLY) like how when you post an article (copy n paste) it also automatically attaches the photo to the post like a FI article for example. :weee:

Its growing on me, will take some time but I do feel like its fast and more fluid...which is always nice. Thank you Marty for giving us a "flair and fancy" forum :beer:

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed the toggle width option :tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

(can only be used on the Xenith version?)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    Ive been around for all of the forum changes and every time its been changed its just took a few weeks to get used to, might be frustrating for a while and seem like its worst but it is always much better in the long run. Just give it time.

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,371
    I told some of the guys last week I didn't like it...its only because I was so used to the old one and knew were everything was :D

I'm starting to like it more now that I now where to click to get to where I wanna go lolol. I couldn't figure out where to click to take me to the last post in a thread but got that figured out. It keep taking me to the first post of the thread when I was looking on my phone. I really (REALLY) like how when you post an article (copy n paste) it also automatically attaches the photo to the post like a FI article for example. :weee:

Its growing on me, will take some time but I do feel like its fast and more fluid...which is always nice. Thank you Marty for giving us a "flair and fancy" forum :beer:

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed the toggle width option :tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

(can only be used on the Xenith version?)
    Thank you buddy. :tup:

The toggle width is available on the Xenith styles and the Dark style, it's because they're based on premium styles that are quite advanced. They also have toggle sidebar option, click the top right in desktop view.

We might add one or two more custom styles but probably not more than that to ensure they're all kept up to date. :)

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
    Jan 5, 2006
    @Marty

On the dark theme when I click on a thread title it takes me to the first post, while on the xenith it takes me to the last one.

Can you fix the dark one to take us to the last post of a thread.

Edit: now both take me to the first page WTF

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,374
    @Marty

On the dark theme when I click on a thread title it takes me to the first post, while on the xenith it takes me to the last one.

Hmm well it should take you to the first unread post regardless of style, can you check again? However, if all posts in a thread are read, the thread title takes you to first post on the first page instead.

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,376
    Done some more url rewrites from the old forum, let me know if you find any issue due to this.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    @Marty

Edit: now both take me to the first page WTF
    Had the same problem. You gotta click on the "time" to the right...i.e. "8 mins ago"...whatever the time was since the last post...its a hyperlink taking you to that post.

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,379
    Had the same problem. You gotta click on the "time" to the right...i.e. "8 mins ago"...whatever the time was since the last post...its a hyperlink taking you to that post.
    This is true, it's that way by design. I'll see if I can add an icon like we used to have next to the thread title that will take you to the last post.

Until then you can click the time on the right like Hustini is saying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)