Forum Bugs & Suggestions (18 Viewers)

OP
Marty

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,052
    New forum software "beta" testing coming soon for those who are interested to give it a try. It's a chance for mods and users to get to test the functions before going live with the software switch. Mods have already played a little bit with a partial import but to get the ball rolling I think we need some more people involved.

Now we have a full import from a couple of weeks ago that I'm working on which is around the time I started working on a couple of different import scripts. The import is working fine with no major issues that I've found so far, there are a few things to fix (like cyrillic characters) after the import though but it can be done manually through some queries. A full import will take around 2.5-3 hours so there will be that downtime when we move over. There are some functions and add-ons that I've added already and some that will come soon. We will use a secure connection (SSL) for the new forum and if there is enough interest we will keep Tapatalk support although I am hesitant (read https://androidforums.com/threads/tapatalk-is-being-discontinued.1125895/ for example).

The account info is carried over so same login and password. More info soon.

In order to be able to test thoroughly, the forum will automatically be reset to its current form nightly so new posts, threads, bans etc won't be saved more than 24 hours. New forum software will be XenForo 2.x. BTW I know people generally hate change but I feel it's a step we need to take to move forward.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    New forum software "beta" testing coming soon for those who are interested to give it a try. It's a chance for mods and users to get to test the functions before going live with the software switch. Mods have already played a little bit with a partial import but to get the ball rolling I think we need some more people involved.

Now we have a full import from a couple of weeks ago that I'm working on which is around the time I started working on a couple of different import scripts. The import is working fine with no major issues that I've found so far, there are a few things to fix (like cyrillic characters) after the import though but it can be done manually through some queries. A full import will take around 2.5-3 hours so there will be that downtime when we move over. There are some functions and add-ons that I've added already and some that will come soon. We will use a secure connection (SSL) for the new forum and if there is enough interest we will keep Tapatalk support although I am hesitant (read https://androidforums.com/threads/tapatalk-is-being-discontinued.1125895/ for example).

The account info is carried over so same login and password. More info soon.

In order to be able to test thoroughly, the forum will automatically be reset to its current form nightly so new posts, threads, bans etc won't be saved more than 24 hours. New forum software will be XenForo 2.x. BTW I know people generally hate change but I feel it's a step we need to take to move forward.
    A lot of us do use Tapatalk. But if the web experience of XenForo is better than VBulletin, I'll give it a try.

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,054
    icemaη;5825082 said:
    A lot of us do use Tapatalk. But if the web experience of XenForo is better than VBulletin, I'll give it a try.
    Yes we can do Tapatalk still, if there's interest. I've not used Tapatalk for years but trying it now, it's quite nice.

XenForo is miles ahead of vBulletin IMO, after my brief testing period, at least.

Skickat från min HTC U11 via Tapatalk

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,058
    All I want is tapatalk to work, I rarely use laptop and don't really like the mobile version.
    OK. Xenforo is different though, it uses responsive design and not a sep. style, works nicely.

Skickat från min HTC U11 via Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)