Forum Bugs & Suggestions (1 Viewer)

Should we have a private forum with post restrictions (minimum posts to view)?

• Yes please

• No thanks

• No, but setup a private forum for members

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #772
    Try opening a thread not the main page and let me see the result.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Until today, I wasn't getting the warning message at all with javascript off but today it started appearing from time to time, not always, when I open the home forums page:
    http://forum.juventuz.com/forum.php

no problems with thread pages, though.
    Yup, same. After I turned off javascript things were back to normal for 2 days but today's shit pops up despite the turned off javascript.

This can't be a problem with our computers since more than half the forum is experiencing the problems with the main page. It's something Marty should look at.

P.S: And I had the problem with different browsers, not just with Chrome.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #776
    Something at the main page is causing this but I don't think it is anything harmful.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Harmful or not, it's annoying. I open the main page and it re-directs me to the warning from the above picture. It doesn't happen all the time, but it still happens frequently.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    This problem is getting really annoying because it's not just Chrome anymore and turning off javascript is not only not effective it's also annoying because you have to make an exception for each page you want to visit otherwise none of the pages load properly.

It opens on my phone- safari- but it is very slow, and often doesn't load, so I need to close it and then reopen it.
    I get that too.

Comes up on Chrome as do you want to translate Russian into English?
    Mine asked if I wanted to translate Lithuanian :p

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    This can't be a problem with our computers since more than half the forum is experiencing the problems with the main page. It's something Marty should look at.
    But the existence of the other half of the forum might suggest something different.

But that does lead me to another potential source: the styles. Perhaps some of the CSS styles members are using introduce nefarious Javascript, etc., and the other half use styles that do not.

To test the theory, my suggestion would be to see if changing your default style on the lower left of the page does the trick.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)