Formula One 2013 (25 Viewers)

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
I heard they are changing the name to Formula Yawn.
Wouldn't disagree, this is the most disinterested I've been in the sport since I started following it. I now completely understand people (not Ferrari fans) who hated F1 when Schumacher was dominant. But this time I think it's even more of a one-horse race that I don't see changing anytime soon. Alonso almost had him in a couple of instances, but I don't see that happening anymore with Ferrari building the cars that they are.

Hoping with Alonso/Kimi partnership that there might at least be a sort of challenge for the constructor title though.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
Last season at least looked closer, I think at the end it was only 3 points difference between Vetel and Alonso.
I am also hoping next season to be more interesting. I think there will be some changes because of the new turbo engines.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Yeah, I am probably just feeling pessimistic. I'll likely get excited again when the time comes for the season to start, but right now it's pretty "meh".

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Wouldn't disagree, this is the most disinterested I've been in the sport since I started following it. I now completely understand people (not Ferrari fans) who hated F1 when Schumacher was dominant. But this time I think it's even more of a one-horse race that I don't see changing anytime soon. Alonso almost had him in a couple of instances, but I don't see that happening anymore with Ferrari building the cars that they are.

Hoping with Alonso/Kimi partnership that there might at least be a sort of challenge for the constructor title though.
:tup:

Has anyone seen Rush? What an incredible movie.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Marquez = new vettel :p

- - - Updated - - -

Last season at least looked closer, I think at the end it was only 3 points difference between Vetel and Alonso.
I am also hoping next season to be more interesting. I think there will be some changes because of the new turbo engines.
the problem is the tire change fucked ferrari. after silverstone alonso was only like 15 points behind vettel but then they changed tires to the 2012 ones which didn't suit ferrari well but helped RBR a lot. obviously they had to do it because the drivers were in danger but it's unfortunate that it didn't help Ferrari. plus Ferrari also had a few new upgrades around then which didn't work so well. Vettel won every race after they changed tires (except hungary, but would've won that too if he didn't get stuck behind button) and probably 2-3 races after they changed tires ferrari would've realised there is no hope so they shifted mostly to 2014 instead.

really hope they have a very competitive car for next year. I have a bit more faith because they re-hired rory byrne for the 2014 car. he was the guy who designed every wdc schumacher car in benetton and ferrari but he didn't work much for ferrari since end of 2006, only as a consultant occasionally. this is the first car since 2006 that he is chief designer so :xfinger:

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Schumacher turned down offer to drive for Lotus in last 2 races, Kovalainen will probably drive instead. Hulkenberg also had offer but he declined too.

Perez not driving for McLaren next year

May 22, 2007
Magnussen confirmed.

RBR: Vettel, Ricciardo
Ferrari: Alonso, Raikkonen
Mercedes: Hamilton, Rosberg
Lotus: Grosjean, ???
McLaren: Button, Magnussen
Sauber: ????
Toro Rosso: Vergne, Kvyat
Force India: ????
Williams: Massa, Bottas
Marussia: Bianchi, ???
Caterham: ????

Perez, Maldonado, Sutil, di Resta, Gutierrez, Hulkenberg, Pic, Kovalainen, van der Garde, Chilton
____
2013 a tough year for rookies.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
it's pretty tough to predict.

Perez and Maldonado will for sure both get drives because of their money backing
Hulkenberg - Lotus got some new deal I think so they will probably be able to get him
Sutil - probably out
Di Resta - FI again probably
Guiterrez - no idea maybe out
Pic - Caterham
Kovalainen - Caterham
VDG - no idea
Chilton - no idea, rumour for FI though

- - - Updated - - -

RBR: Vettel, Ricciardo
Ferrari: Alonso, Raikkonen
Mercedes: Hamilton, Rosberg
Lotus: Grosjean, Hulkenberg
McLaren: Button, Magnussen
Sauber: Sirotkin, Maldonado
Toro Rosso: Vergne, Kvyat
Force India: Perez, Di Resta
Williams: Massa, Bottas
Marussia: Bianchi, ???
Caterham: Pic, Kovalainen

imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)