Formula One 2013 (24 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
What happened?
Alonso won, most importantly. Secondly: The medium tyres were in prime racing condition for about 6-7 laps, they usually got around 13-15 out of them, losing 2-4 secs per lap to people on new tyres. Furthermore there was an incident ( can't remember which car / racer ) where the tyre shell just peeled off in mid race, not gradually but the entire driving surface came off.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I like the tyre situation. It makes it less predictable and puts greater importance on strategy which keeps the race interesting in the later stages.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I like the tyre situation. It makes it less predictable and puts greater importance on strategy which keeps the race interesting in the later stages.
You like the fact that individual driver quality is almost being removed from the equation? That's odd.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
You like the fact that individual driver quality is almost being removed from the equation? That's odd.
Quality has not been removed just different skills get more importance, tyre management is a skill which many drivers do far better than others eg Kimi v Hamilton. I would argue the two most talented drivers on the grid got the top 2 places today.

It also gives rise to different cars being stronger on different tracks.

Whatever keeps the championship/races interesting for the season is fine by me. For me there is nothing worse than a single driver running away with every race.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
This. If anything, quality comes into play more.

- - - Updated - - -

But apparently Nzoric wants Vettel to win all the races :lol:

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
1) Alonso
2) Raikkonen
3) Massa

This is how all races should end! :) And seeing Fernando win in Spain live was amazing. Audience went crazy when he came out in front of Vettel! :)

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
The only memorable thing from this race, along with the way he overtook Hamilton in the first corner.
I actually thought it was a quite decent race. At least better than most of the Spanish grand prix in the previous years. The Raikkonen vs Vettel battle was great as well. It wasn't until the last 10-15 laps it became boring imo. :)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
1) Alonso
2) Raikkonen
3) Massa

This is how all races should end! :) And seeing Fernando win in Spain live was amazing. Audience went crazy when he came out in front of Vettel! :)
They even went crazy when Kimi went in front of Vettel too :D

- - - Updated - - -

I actually thought it was a quite decent race. At least better than most of the Spanish grand prix in the previous years. The Raikkonen vs Vettel battle was great as well. It wasn't until the last 10-15 laps it became boring imo. :)
Any race with Alonso winning is a good race.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
They even went crazy when Kimi went in front of Vettel too :D
Tell me about it. :D There were a lot of Finnish people at the race. Clearly most Ferrari fans of course, but the number of Red Bull supporters are growing fast. I were sitting in a block with quite many Red Bull supporters, luckily they were quiet. :p

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Here are a few pictures I took at the race.

Seeing the circuit from the outside:

View from my seat:

Warm-up lap:

People applauding Alonso after the win:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)