Formula One 2013 (2 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
not me personally but my older brother used to do a lot of merchandise work with F1 teams, especially ferrari met the drivers went to the races, once brought back a steering wheel from a f1 ferrari which the company were going to replicate and produce key rings and other merchandise.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
not me personally but my older brother used to do a lot of merchandise work with F1 teams, especially ferrari met the drivers went to the races, once brought back a steering wheel from a f1 ferrari which the company were going to replicate and produce key rings and other merchandise.
Cool. :) I'm planning on going to a race with my old man, but since the tickets are €&/#€&/%& expensive, I thought I would hear a bit about other's experiences first and the do's and the don't's. :)

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Has any of you been to a Formula 1 race in real life? If so, where and how was the experience? :)
Silverstone to see my ultimate hero Ayrton Senna when I was 7 years old , was hooked and went every year til I turned 15. Then pussy was my friend.
Oh, and monza 2001 whilst visiting my auntie.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Silverstone to see my ultimate hero Ayrton Senna at 7 years old and went every year til I turned 15. Then pussy was my friend.
Oh, and monza 2001 whilst visiting my auntie.
Cool (and lol... :D)! Now tell me, how is it to watch in real life vs the tv? :) I'm thinking both atmosphere and view. :)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
they are pretty damn expensive, tbh i find watching the race there somewhat boring, or at least that is what my experiences are when watching some of the local track sports near where i live, only reason why i prefer watching something like f1 on the tv is because of all the technical stuff the commentators and pundits talk about. as for do's and donts well its not like the traditional Ford vs Holden event held in australia where i've heard stories of actual fights in the stands

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Cool (and lol... :D)! Now tell me, how is it to watch in real life vs the tv? :) I'm thinking both atmosphere and view. :)
My dads stopped going cos he says its more relaxing and don't miss a thing on tv. But these days there's multi big tv screens so once the cars have passed (enough to get goose bumps trust me) you can keep up to what's going on. Unlike the old days where you had a guy on some loud speaker and digital grid position pilon keeping you informed who's in what position. It's such a fun day out, especially if you go with people who love it.
It takes like 3 hours to get out the car park at silverstone. So what we used to do was get our friends van and load it up with meats, booze, and have a BBQ in the field car park and chill in the sun whilst others would sit in that shiiit trying to get home. While we got mashed and packed up around 8-9pm to leave with empty roads. Even walked onto the track picking up loose rubber from the cars and walked along the c0ckpit. Not sure if you're allowed to do that anymore tho.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
My dads stopped going cos he says its more relaxing and don't miss a thing on tv. But these days there's multi big tv screens so once the cars have passed (enough to get goose bumps trust me) you can keep up to what's going on. Unlike the old days where you had a guy on some loud speaker and digital grid position pilon keeping you informed who's in what position. It's such a fun day out, especially if you go with people who love it.
It takes like 3 hours to get out the car park at silverstone. So what we used to do was get our friends van and load it up with meats, booze, and have a BBQ in the field car park and chill in the sun whilst others would sit in that shiiit trying to get home. While we got mashed and packed up around 8-9pm to leave with empty roads. Even walked onto the track picking up loose rubber from the cars and walked along the c0ckpit. Not sure if you're allowed to do that anymore tho.
TAK! Dentro tuo culo.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
they are pretty damn expensive, tbh i find watching the race there somewhat boring, or at least that is what my experiences are when watching some of the local track sports near where i live, only reason why i prefer watching something like f1 on the tv is because of all the technical stuff the commentators and pundits talk about. as for do's and donts well its not like the traditional Ford vs Holden event held in australia where i've heard stories of actual fights in the stands
Sorry, but your post makes no sense to me at all. :)

Cool story! :) Thanks for the info. :) It sounds like you miss it by the way. ;)

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
:lol:

Where is that TAK matey these days?

Cool story! :) Thanks for the info. :) It sounds like you miss it by the way. ;)
Oh I certainly do miss it. The prices have changed dramatically. We used to pay £50/person back in the day, even for me and I was 7 still. Prices now vary and just the race day just the entrance to sit on the mounds, were looking around £150 mark. Unless you know a friend who knows a friend ;) then that's different. My cousin had the "full works" treatment last year, with passes champagne the lot.....lucky git! As he had contacts of some sort. It's not what you know, but who you know in times like this. Looking to go this year. Can't wait to start taking my little man there in the future.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #37

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    Not at all. I like the partnership between Vettel and Webber. Unfortunately not everyone's a ferrari nutswinger like the rest of you guys :D
    Ah ok. But if there's a Alonso Vettel partnership at Ferrari, then what will you so then. Huh!!? Huh!!? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)