26 Jul. Hungary, Hungaroring
23 Aug. Europe, Valencia Street Circuit
30 Aug. Belgium, Spa Francorchamps
13 Sep. Italy, Monza
27 Sep. Singapore, Singapore
04 Oct. Japan, Suzuka
18 Oct. Brazil, Interlagos
01 Nov. United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi

The new season is about to start this weekend and i want to start with this F1 calendar as a point of reference...
The teams and drivers:

Formula One Teams 2009
Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
Drivers Test Drivers
Lewis Hamilton (1) Pedro de la Rosa
Heikki Kovalainen (2) Gary Paffett

Scuderia Ferrari
Drivers Test Drivers
Felipe Massa (3) Luca Badoer
Kimi Räikkönen (4) Marc Gene

BMW Sauber F1
Drivers Test Drivers
Robert Kubica (5) Christian Klien
Nick Heidfeld (6)

ING Renault F1
Drivers Test Drivers
Fernando Alonso (7) Romain Grosjean
Nelson Piquet Jr. (8) Adam Khan

Panasonic Toyota Racing
Drivers Test Drivers
Jarno Trulli (9) Kamui Kobayashi
Timo Glock (10)

Scuderia Toro Rosso
Drivers
Sebastien Bourdais (11)
Sebastien Buemi (12)

Red Bull Racing
Drivers Test Drivers
Mark Webber (14) David Coulthard
Sebastian Vettel (15)

AT&T Williams F1 Team
Drivers Test Drivers
Nico Rosberg (16) Nico Hulkenberg
Kazuki Nakajima (17)

Brawn GP
Drivers
Jenson Button (20)
Rubens Barrichello (21)

Force India F1
Drivers Test Drivers
Adrian Sutil (18) Vitantonio Liuzzi
Giancarlo Fisichella (19)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Cronios

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    As you can see the Honda team is no more and is replaced by the Brawn team.
    Brawn himself is the owner and the general director, atm this teams seems to be surprisingly competitive!!

The slicks are back and many new modifications in cars and rules have been made.
    Even at this moment there are still some disputes over the new rules and esp about the new point system. FIA insists that the championship title should be handed to the driver with the most wins, rather than championship points.
    The drivers and teams didnt agree with this notion and it probably wont be applied.
    A McLaren and Renault boycott was avoided at the last moment because of some financial reasons; The situation seemingly involves money due to be paid to the teams, but only after the latest Concorde agreement - regulations by which the teams take part in the sport - has been signed.

There is a lot of "cooking" this year and many concordant agreement on the books. All the teams agreed to reduce costs at 50%

In the mean time Ferrari mechanics are working hard to implement the new Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS) for this weekend's Australian Grand Prix.

OP
    Cronios

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    Yes, that one, they had some scary times at the first tests, they seem to be the team to beat.

Frank Williams said:
    "It is no accident that their new car is absurdly superior - they are making the rest of us look like amateurs. In Australia they will disappear on the basis of what we have seen in testing. I just hope we can be up there, too."

Hamilton:
    It is great to see Brawn GP do so well," Lewis said. "They must have had a very difficult time over the winter, but it is great to see them come through with what it looking like a great car"

Brawn:
    "From our short but crucial testing programme over the past two weeks, we have reinforced our view that the BGP 001 is a good car and an excellent platform from which to develop performance over the course of the season"

It sounds promising, doesnt it?

The latest news on Schumi:
    "Michael Schumacher is set to talk with Ferrari regarding his contract this summer, as his position as team advisor is due to expire come the end of the year. The German started the job after retiring as lead driver at the end of the 2006 season."

So his position stands for now...

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    Yes, that one, they had some scary times at the first tests, they seem to be the team to beat.

Frank Williams said:
    "It is no accident that their new car is absurdly superior - they are making the rest of us look like amateurs. In Australia they will disappear on the basis of what we have seen in testing. I just hope we can be up there, too."

Hamilton:
    It is great to see Brawn GP do so well," Lewis said. "They must have had a very difficult time over the winter, but it is great to see them come through with what it looking like a great car"

Brawn:
    "From our short but crucial testing programme over the past two weeks, we have reinforced our view that the BGP 001 is a good car and an excellent platform from which to develop performance over the course of the season"

It sounds promising, doesnt it?

The latest news on Schumi:
    "Michael Schumacher is set to talk with Ferrari regarding his contract this summer, as his position as team advisor is due to expire come the end of the year. The German started the job after retiring as lead driver at the end of the 2006 season."

So his position stands for now...
    Scary? With Button and Barrichello?

DVS

Must be patient
    Nov 13, 2008
    Always been with Ferrari ever since Michelle Alberto.

However; I'm very pissed off The Grand Prix of Canada is gone. That is a race I was more than happen to attend every year and now its gone.

How shitty

And Hamilton bah this comic says it all about his 2008

OP
    Cronios

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11
    Three more teams for 2010' - Ecclestone

There will be 26 cars on the starting grid of next year's World Championship, FOM boss Bernie Ecclestone has said. The F1 supremo is keen to bolster the line-up and, with the USGPE (formerly USF1) already keen for a place on the grid, two new outfits are likely to be revealed this year.

"We'll have 26 cars on the grid next year," Ecclestone stated. "We've got a lot of people confirmed." The current grid contains ten teams, meaning 20 competitors battling to be in contention in Australia this weekend.

By the time next year's season kicks off the teams are due to have signed a new Concorde agreement, a document containing rules and regulations by which the teams go racing. Ecclestone also continued to stress that the new scoring system will be in place, which will award the title to the driver with most race wins to his name.

Massa interview:

""I'm 100 percent ready, perfectly in shape and I think that this also applies to the team," Massa said. "We made some mistakes last year and we've been working hard all winter long to improve where we weren't perfect. Everybody has worked hard analysing the mistakes and trying to find solutions; I think we're very well prepared and that we've done some great work."

In the other Ferrari, 2007 Champion Kimi Räikkönen endured a tough and frustrating season last year but is still seen a strong contender by Massa: "My teammate is still my strongest competitor," Felipe continued. "I think that Kimi will be very strong, as usual. My own goal is very simple: I want a season like in 2008, and to reach that goal I have to stay concentrated and work very hard. The first race is always a bit like a leap into the darkness, but I can't wait. As the race starts at 5 o'clock in the afternoon let's hope that it won't also end in the dark!"

Last week's decision by the FIA saw the introduction of the 'winner takes all' scoring system which, applied to last year's statistics, would have seen Felipe as champion. Formula 1 has since deferred back to the points system for 2009 following a protest by the Formula One Teams Association (FOTA). "Last week everybody spoke about the points system," Massa recalled. "I think the best idea was the one presented by the teams (a points system of 12-9-7 for the top three positions, continuing to eighth), where the race winner would have taken a lot more points than second. If the FIA don't like that idea I think it's better to remain with last year's system (10-8-6 and so on). I'd say that the rule to hand the title to the driver who wins the most races is not correct - a driver might win more races, but might be very inconsistent in his performance, not gaining many points; in such a case I don't think he would deserve the title."

Since reverting back to last year's system, the FIA has stressed that new wins system will be used from 2010 onwards, although Massa is sure that modifying the current points system could produce equally good racing: "If the difference in points for the winner and the second-placed driver would be larger, there would be a greater reason to fight for the win, but still having to be consistent throughout the season. We have 17 races in the championship, this is not a 100 metres sprint at the Olympic Games where everything happens in under 10 seconds; and I'm really not interested in the fact that with such a system I would have won the title last year. I'm interested in what's right for our sport.":touched:

The Brazilian stressed that he still sees the Brawn GP cars as a main rival following their ultra-fast lap times at tests in Spain, although the various new rules could throw up varied results this season as all of the teams continue to get to grips with the changes.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    1 22 Jenson Button Brawn-Mercedes 1:25.211 1:24.855 1:26.202 19
    2 23 Rubens Barrichello Brawn-Mercedes 1:25.006 1:24.783 1:26.505 21
    3 15 Sebastian Vettel RBR-Renault 1:25.938 1:25.121 1:26.830
    4 5 Robert Kubica BMW Sauber 1:25.922 1:25.152 1:26.914
    5 16 Nico Rosberg Williams-Toyota 1:25.846 1:25.123 1:26.973
    6 10 Timo Glock Toyota 1:25.499 1:25.281 1:26.975
    7 3 Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:25.844 1:25.319 1:27.033
    8 9 Jarno Trulli Toyota 1:26.194 1:25.265 1:27.127
    9 4 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:25.899 1:25.380 1:27.163
    10 14 Mark Webber RBR-Renault 1:25.427 1:25.241 1:27.246
    11 6 Nick Heidfeld BMW Sauber 1:25.827 1:25.504
    12 7 Fernando Alonso Renault 1:26.026 1:25.605
    13 17 Kazuki Nakajima Williams-Toyota 1:26.074 1:25.607
    14 2 Heikki Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes 1:26.184 1:25.726
    15 1 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:26.454
    16 12 Sebastien Buemi STR-Ferrari 1:26.503
    17 8 Nelsinho Piquet Renault 1:26.598
    18 21 Giancarlo Fisichella Force India-Mercedes 1:26.677
    19 20 Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1:26.742
    20 11 Sebastien Bourdais STR-Ferrari 1:26.964
    brawn cars were very quick.

hahaha hamilton.

OP
    Cronios

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
  • Thread Starter #15
    The KERS system dominates!

Hamilton had gearbox issues and the Mclaren's liability hasnt been optimal so far, the many changes, did and will take their toll...

The main issue before and after the qualifications was this:

Diffuser protest becomes official

"The feared protest over the diffusers of three teams has become official, as the 2009 season kicks off to a dramatic start before any cars have actually taken to the Albert Park track. The three cars in question - Brawn, Williams and Toyota - now have their fate in the hands of the event's scrutineers and stewards.

A protest already lodged by the BMW team has been denied following a technicality, which has resulted in another protest being put forward by the Ferrari, Renault and Red Bull Racing teams.

Worries over such an occurrence started for Williams and Toyota during pre-season testing, and were increased when the Brawn cars' first appearance saw them set a rapid pace in Barcelona, and then Jerez. The Australian Grand Prix FIA-appointed stewards will be examining the vehicles involved, although a final decision will come from the governing body itself at, most likely, a later date.

The diffuser assists the rear-end stability of a car, and is the final and lowest device airflow has to contend with when passing through; rivals believe the radical design of the Brawn GP team in particular could yield them a half-second advantage on some tracks."

FIA hearing to take place over diffusers

"The FIA has announced that a hearing is to take place over the ongoing issue surrounding the diffusers of three teams; Red Bull Racing, via National Sporting Authorities in Austria, contacted the FIA International Court of Appeal (ICA) following the stewards' decision to stand down the protest by Ferrari, Renault and themselves in Australia.

The claims involve the Williams, Brawn GP and Toyota teams who claimed to have cleverly taken advantage of a loophole in the sporting regulations to be able to run the devices, which have been predicted to offer them a full half second extra per lap on some circuits.

The hearing, attended by the six teams involved, will be taking place at FIA headquarters in Paris on Monday 14 April, starting at 10am local time (BST+1)."

The qualification times also prove that wherever is smoke...

DVS

Must be patient
    Nov 13, 2008
    Well Ferrari godda hope the new car design Promotes a little passing if they want to make something of the first race

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    Really looking forward to the Formula 1 season, makes it interesting with Toyota, Brawn and Williams outshining Ferrari and McLaren.

Hope Massa wins the Championship, but glad to see Jenson Button getting a bit of luck, he's a good driver but has had some terrible cars over the past few seasons. Also, felt sorry for him with the way that the British media has completly forgotten about him ever since Hamilton came on the scene.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)