Formula One 2007 (2 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
Official Formula 1 website statement:

McLaren will not be punished over their possession of confidential Ferrari data after Formula One racing’s governing body, the FIA, decided there was no proof that the team had made use of the information.

However, the FIA did find McLaren to be in breach of the International Sporting Code and warned them that they could face exclusion from the championship if they are subsequently found to have used the material.

Following Thursday’s extraordinary meeting of the FIA’s World Motor Sport Council, the following statement was issued:

“The WMSC is satisfied that Vodafone McLaren Mercedes was in possession of confidential Ferrari information and is therefore in breach of article 151c of the International Sporting Code. However, there is insufficient evidence that this information was used in such a way as to interfere improperly with the FIA Formula One World Championship. We therefore impose no penalty.

“But if it is found in the future that the Ferrari information has been used to the detriment of the championship, we reserve the right to invite Vodafone McLaren Mercedes back in front of the WMSC where it will face the possibility of exclusion from not only the 2007 championship but also the 2008 championship.

“The WMSC will also invite Mr Stepney and Mr Coughlan to show reason why they should not be banned from international motor sport for a lengthy period and the WMSC has delegated authority to deal with this matter to the legal department of the FIA.”
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/7/6539.html

Buy on AliExpress.com

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I hate any kind of vehicle racing, its just a waste of fuel, especially when the world is paying double and nearly triple for a gallon/liter. Can someone explain to me what the point is watching cars drive around? My suggestion for an alternative is go to the nearest highway or main road you live by to catch the same fucking action. Otherwise tune into your local traffic report on the radio or tele.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I hate any kind of vehicle racing, its just a waste of fuel, especially when the world is paying double and nearly triple for a gallon/liter. Can someone explain to me what the point is watching cars drive around? My suggestion for an alternative is go to the nearest highway or main road you live by to catch the same fucking action. Otherwise tune into your local traffic report on the radio or tele.
well its like saying whats the point in 20 players running around kicking a silly ball :p

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Simply amazing, some douche -repped me cuz of my views on racing cars. He/she must take that shit really personally I guess. Anonymously -rep is so gay, at least grow some balls instead of fantasizing about being behind the wheel in a race where all you do is drive in circles. I still think its gay, and to the person who took offense to what I said -- your mother is gay also.

dheeraj and bad ass i hope its not one of you 2 fuckers :D

Apr 15, 2006
Simply amazing, some douche -repped me cuz of my views on racing cars. He/she must take that shit really personally I guess. Anonymously -rep is so gay, at least grow some balls instead of fantasizing about being behind the wheel in a race where all you do is drive in circles. I still think its gay, and to the person who took offense to what I said -- your mother is gay also.

the most offensive comment on this page is Badass stating McLaren as the new Inter, and he'll tell ya if he got a -rep for THAT! ;)

EDIT: omg! now dru's showin signs of Kosta!!! :eek:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

nope it wernt me, if im honest i only - rep ppl that just piss me off :D

K0STA

Jul 12, 2006

Why are u whining about NEG REP ??? Live with it :D

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
FIA is an absolute joke and have made a mokery of the legal system. It is clear that they put the best interests of marketing in front of the best interest of the sport. Surely, Ferrari will come forth with some very incriminating evidence and McLaren will go back to court and have to pay a fine, but not even any sort of penalty. I can't say I didn't expect this, but maybe in the back of my mind I expected a bit more. The best part is that they confirmed McLaren (not just Coughlin) was guilty. But, since they can't prove and parts were copied and put on the car "yet" they get away with nothing! That is like saying someone has cocaine in their car, but didn't use it, so... drive along.

What a joke. But I can't say I didn't expect another huge political favor for McLaren. Cranes, Point System, Tire Rulings, Coulthard Brake Checking Incident in Spa, and now Industrial Espionage. Amazing. If only the tables were turned. Ha... Ferrari and Italy would be thrown into the gutter and kicked like a dog. Ferrari IS F1 and should be more vocal. If Enzo was here he would be lighting up the papers and the FIA. Luca has no balls and will therefore resort to articulate dissapointment. Ferrari should pull out of F1 for the remainder of the year. See how much money they lose when the world #1 fans base that makes up about 70% of F1's entire viewing audience walks out.

Disgrace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)