Formula One 2007 (18 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

but is it fair and correct to get lewis back onto the track after he practically went out of the race?
Hmm..don't the rules say that if the car engine is still running he is allowed to be helped back on the track? From what I heard his engine was the only one that was running from all of those cars that crashed at the same place, so I guess it's all according to the rules.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yes, there was no question here but what about allowing him to pass all the cars and the safety car, so what he was a lap behind?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Yes, there was no question here but what about allowing him to pass all the cars and the safety car, so what he was a lap behind?

Because he had to start from the last place, since during the safety car session, no take overs are allowed.

I cant believe how reliable the Mclarens are this year, they turned out from the least reliable top team, to THE most reliable team, EVER, by far, just within a year!!
This is nearly a miracle! Hamilton's car lost control and crashed on the wall just with the right speed and also happened to be the only car that was able to keep the engine running no matter the circumstances...
Alonso's luck has always been infuriating anyway,it seems that his car would survive a nuclear explosion,
a simple touch with a red piece of junk wouldnt possible affect him,
on the contrary, it probably improved his car's balance.
Atleast this time, he was man enough to apologise to poor little Massa...
Ralph also forgived Heidfeld for a similar incident.

Kimi is cursed/jinxed i dont now, he has a steady hand but he cant be consistent,
for all the odd reasons in the world,
just like i said before, if he was a football player, he would have been Tudor...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Because he had to start from the last place, since during the safety car session, no take overs are allowed.
I know but he shouldn't have been allowed to do that, he was one lap down he stays one lap down. I am sure Ron Dennis called Bernie and started nagging.

Also if you notice, we heard a few drivers complaining through the team radio but their teams told them that it's fine, he's one lap behind anyway.

The commentators also were surprised for the special treatment Mc Laren received.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I know but he shouldn't have been allowed to do that, he was one lap down he stays one lap down. I am sure Ron Dennis called Bernie and started nagging.

Also if you notice, we heard a few drivers complaining through the team radio but their teams told them that it's fine, he's one lap behind anyway.

The commentators also were surprised for the special treatment Mc Laren received.
According to the rules when the saftey car is on the track all cars must be in the same lap, meaning there can't be drivers that are a full lap behind. That is why Hamilton was allowed to overtake all drivers and come to last place BUT in the same lap.

It's perfectly in accordance to the rules, don't be so paranoid, your commentators aren't of the brightest I might add, our commentators are morons but they actually know the rules quite well.

Anyway it's not a rule that helps the top teams, even though that was the case in this race(not that it done any good either), it actually helps the "Minardi's" of the sport a little, so they don't finish the race 7 laps behind always.

wikipedia said:
When the circuit has been cleared of the incident that caused the safety car to be deployed, the message "lapped cars may now overtake" is given. Any lapped cars which are between the cars running on the lead lap at the time the safety car was deployed are required to pass the cars on the lead lap and the safety car. They must then proceed around the track at an appropriate speed, without overtaking, and take up position at the back of the line of cars behind the safety car.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Hilarious race. I am a Ferrari fan, but an Alonso fan as well and a few things were confirmed.

Hamilton has lived a life of privaledge and will continue to throughout his F1 career. He BETTER win multiple WC's, because no driver has had it easier. C'mon, pulled out of the back of the gravel trap. Who cares if his engine is still running, so is F1 going to put their track marshall's safety at risk to rescue every car that is stuck in the gravel with their engines running. Please, what an absolute joke. And then, he is allowed to get his lap back and race around the track at full speed (once again sacrificing the safety of the track marshalls) to catch up to the pack. The safety car is for SAFETY. Not for tightening up the field for excitement.

I found this on another forum:

By tonykart34 at 2007-07-24

Also, it shows that Raikkonen is a reckless ass who ruined his race by missing the pit entrance. I don't care what type of mechanical failure he had. He needs to hit his marks. I don't beleive in luck, but he is starting to make be beleive that bad luck follows those who fail to put in the effort. Talent is only part of the equation.

The last few laps confirmed what everyone should know. Alonso is the best driver in F1 right now and Felipe Massa is a test driver in the fastest car. Alonso worked Massa and then Massa cried like a baby.

Finally, the podium celebration confirmed that Schumacher wants to be a cowboy and Ron Dennis is a fool.

Exciting... sure. Sloppy... absolutely. Regardless, McLaren will get their points all taken away at the end of the year for committing the worst crime in F1 history.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

That pic is awesome. :lol2:

All joking aside I don't know why everyone is making such a big deal over Hamilton's "priveledges" in the previous race, everything was done according to the rules and at the end of the day he didn't gain anything from it. Get over it.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
If he would have gained 8th place it would have been a big deal. The ruling was taken way out of context. This isn't the first time someone has spun out and kept the engine running. This IS the first time someone was craned from the back of the sand trap and place back into the race and then given a lap back and then allowed to race at full speed around a closed track to catch up to the pack. Hamilton fan or not, this was a huge show of favoritism and it is being addressed in F1 offices for certain. This is unfair to anyone who has spun out of any race.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

If he would have gained 8th place it would have been a big deal. The ruling was taken way out of context. This isn't the first time someone has spun out and kept the engine running. This IS the first time someone was craned from the back of the sand trap and place back into the race and then given a lap back and then allowed to race at full speed around a closed track to catch up to the pack. Hamilton fan or not, this was a huge show of favoritism and it is being addressed in F1 offices for certain. This is unfair to anyone who has spun out of any race.
I don't remember anyone being craned back to the track either and I do agree, it looked rather ridiculous. However I remember lots of cases when cars WERE helped back to the track, not by cranes but by stewards and other staff from the track. Not as nearly as dramatic but with the same effect.

As for his lap that he was given back, I repeat again, ALL cars MUST be in the same lap when the safety car is on the road! The rules state so, it wasn't something that was invented during the race to help out Hamilton. It could have been Alonso, it could have been Raikonen and it could have been Schumacher, each and everyone of them would have been allowed to overtake and get back to the last position, only then can the safety car leave the track.

Again, get over it, nothing came out of it.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Here it's even on the official F1 website, second paragraph from the bottom.

If you're too lazy to click on the link, here you go:
Before the safety car returns to the pits any lapped car between cars running on the lead lap must pass those cars and the safety car. It may then proceed around the track to take up position at the back of the line of frontrunning cars.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I don't remember anyone being craned back to the track either and I do agree, it looked rather ridiculous. However I remember lots of cases when cars WERE helped back to the track, not by cranes but by stewards and other staff from the track. Not as nearly as dramatic but with the same effect.

As for his lap that he was given back, I repeat again, ALL cars MUST be in the same lap when the safety car is on the road! The rules state so, it wasn't something that was invented during the race to help out Hamilton. It could have been Alonso, it could have been Raikonen and it could have been Schumacher, each and everyone of them would have been allowed to overtake and get back to the last position, only then can the safety car leave the track.

Again, get over it, nothing came out of it.
If it was Alonso, Raikkonen, or Schumacher it would NOT have happened. I am sure they have been in similar situations. I forget the track, but Schumacher had half the car on the track and half the car off and was able to get a push. This is the closest thing I have heard of. I am sure the rule did not mean this, I am sure the rule was exploited, and I am sure the wording will be changed to prevent this debochery from happening again.

As for your last point. I was over it as soon as it was confirmed he finished 9th, but it is not an issue that should be swept under the rug. This is a totally silly situation and needs to be sorted out because we can't have this happening again. It sacrifices the integrity of the sport. Think from an outsider in. Look at all the things that transpired for Lewis in those 15 minutes. It is quite laughable actually.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007

I cant believe how reliable the Mclarens are this year, they turned out from the least reliable top team, to THE most reliable team, EVER, by far, just within a year!!
This is nearly a miracle! Hamilton's car lost control and crashed on the wall just with the right speed and also happened to be the only car that was able to keep the engine running no matter the circumstances...
Alonso's luck has always been infuriating anyway,it seems that his car would survive a nuclear explosion,
a simple touch with a red piece of junk wouldnt possible affect him,
on the contrary, it probably improved his car's balance.
Atleast this time, he was man enough to apologise to poor little Massa...
Ralph also forgived Heidfeld for a similar incident.

Kimi is cursed/jinxed i dont now, he has a steady hand but he cant be consistent,
for all the odd reasons in the world,
just like i said before, if he was a football player, he would have been Tudor...
maybe it is because they stole technical secrects from Ferrari. Look how far off they were last year and now they are right up there with them. It took Ferrari years to get up to their level, same with Renault, same with Benetton in the early 90's. A 1 year turn around... McLaren is a good team, but I think it is pretty obvious what happened. What a shame for F1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)