Formula One 2007 (2 Viewers)

OP
JuveAdam

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
  • Thread Starter #261
    Senna was absolutely the greatest, an amazing hero, at a time when F1 was still decided by skill, nerve, overtaking & bravery. Schumi was great in a different way, in a vastly different era, when technology, strategy & money dominated. Senna also fought hugely bitter rivals, & competed in an era of greatness, where now that doesn't apply.

All that said, Schumi left a winning Benneton outfit, sacrificing a couple of world titles in order to rebuild the scuderia, knowing the only real way to show his value & preserve any kind of legacy in a poor era of F1 was to restore the biggest, most popular & best team to its former greatness. For that alone Schumi is a real hero, a legend to the scuderia Ferrari & its tifosi.

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

A boring race really, the start and the first lap was interesting with Alonso attacking agressivelly and in the end losing 2 places. He had that strategy, was probably lighter than Massa on the start and wanted to take advantage of that. He went in too fast and didn't have the time to brake, good things he and Massa didn't touch, but Alonso did well in controlling the car after falling out of the track. Later on he attacked Kimi well but Kimi fought it off and that was it for me, the race went into a stalemate with only all the engine failures giving some "excitement" to the race.

Massa did fantastic again, I gott admit he's beginning to surprise me, 2 wins in a row is not a coincedence. He really wants to be in the title challenge.

All in all a good day for McLaren, could have been better but then again, it could have been worse. Hamilton, excellent job again.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    It seems that Massa is taking the position from Kimi. Afterall he's a driver that can communicate better with the team. From what I heard during Kimi's first days with Scuderia is that he doesn't give much feedback and this is not good for the team in general.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

It seems that Massa is taking the position from Kimi. Afterall he's a driver that can communicate better with the team. From what I heard during Kimi's first days with Scuderia is that he doesn't give much feedback and this is not good for the team in general.
    I've heard that too, supposedly Ron Denis commented on that at the beginning of the season; he said that even with McLaren Kimi was never interested in the technical side of the job, he would rarely communicate with the whole team and just focus on the driving. It came as sort of a suprise to me, I always seen him as someone who gives his all for the sport, but after finding out his love for partying and now this, I start to think Kimi doesn't have anyone to blame but himself. If he wants to be a champion he must start taking interest in not just the car but the whole team as well.

Also, the commentators said that after he forfeited the race yeterday, he didn't even stay on till the end but simply went home! :shocked:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    i remember tv commentators questioning about kimis abilitys already at the start of this season, specially mentioning testings. schumi was a freak (in a good way :p) when it came to testings. I think kimi has that bohemian character. and as you said vlatko he must start taking interest, but i think it might take a lot more time then just this season. ( and he probably has to learn it in the hard way).

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

is there a list of those drivers whose contracts finish with the teams at teh end of this season?
    Yeah, there probably is.

i remember tv commentators questioning about kimis abilitys already at the start of this season, specially mentioning testings. schumi was a freak (in a good way :p) when it came to testings. I think kimi has that bohemian character. and as you said vlatko he must start taking interest, but i think it might take a lot more time then just this season. ( and he probably has to learn it in the hard way).
    I don't doubt his talent and ability but his character and professionalism. His bad sides have already leaked into the public and if he doesn't get himself together pretty fast I don't see him staying with Ferrari for too long.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
    Kimi is a Mute and its showing his falling from the tree already he must find his feet soon or his caput for this season. Ferrari's hopes look destined on the sometimes eratic Massa. McLaren looked steadier and the joke of a point system that gives no advantage to the winner of the race dosent help!

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Kimi sux, he has no excuses anymore, iceman isnt as cool as he tries to be,
    it seems that the alcohol problems arent just a rumor and it really got to him,
    i feel sorry for him and Ferrari.
    Whoever starts first in Monaco wins the race, unless an accident finds him,
    considering Alonso's luck and skill them he is the winner of the Monaco grand prix,
    congrats to Alonso and also congrats to Mclaren for the 2007 constructors championship!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)