Formula 1 (5 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
The points rule was to stop Schummi. look at last season for example, Kimmi had a chance to be champion even if he won only one race, while Schumacher won, what, 7 or 8? The winner isnt rewarded enough, it's possible to be champion without a single win.

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Z, im going to have to say championships are decided on consistency more than anything else. Yes, its one thing to win every fkg race in the season, but if a driver can finish a season by being in the top 3 consistently, hes arguably championship material. The point system rewards consistency which isnt a bad thing. Of course if the season was shorter by half the number of races, then the older system makes more sense. So in a sense its a contradiction, because going by this new point system, all schumi has to do probably is finish each race, and hes potentially a champion (considering everytime ferrari finish a race, more often than not theyre in the top 4). So id still say the new point system is the least of the FIA's worries as of now.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yeah, but I think it's a bit unfair. imagine for example if Schumacher won 13 races, and had technical problems and didnt finish in the last 4, while another driver finished 2nd in all the races without winning one. The guy that didnt win one single race could be Champion infront of the driver that won 13 out of 17 races. Would he be worthy of the title? Consistency is one thing, but you have to award the guy that wins.

It would be best it the point scoring system went like this:

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
The points rule was to stop Schummi. look at last season for example, Kimmi had a chance to be champion even if he won only one race, while Schumacher won, what, 7 or 8? The winner isnt rewarded enough, it's possible to be champion without a single win.

dont blame fia. they are just trying to make the race more interesting.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
He's also been linked to BAR and Sauber.
BAR... Can't see how that would work out, he and Richards were never close, to put it like that.

Sauber... Not good enough for Ville. :stuckup:

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
Kai, WHERE DID U HEAR ABT JV?
in the newspaper, a couple days ago. tho i'm not actually sure bout the team. i THINK it was renault.....forgive me, i suffer from short term memory loss :rofl:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I heard he was linked to Williams. But that wont be such a shocking move after all would it? With Montoya and Ralf quitting. But the way things are, id love to see Jacques at Renault.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)