Formula 1 (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
These constant attacks on Ferrari are pathetic. they win because they're the best and because they work the hardest, and that is something we should all aspire to. They are adequatly rewarded for their efforts.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
These constant attacks on Ferrari are pathetic. they win because they're the best and because they work the hardest, and that is something we should all aspire to. They are adequatly rewarded for their efforts.
Attacking Ferrari is premature. Everybody realizes that they are the best and have the best drivers... and that's why they win.

I am personally pissed off at a broad picture which is currently taking place.

To me there is not much interest in a sport, which is not competative anymore.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
No, it's the other teams' fault they cant compete. How can you blame someone for being the best? Maybe we should all strive to be average :rolleyes:

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
No, it's the other teams' fault they cant compete. How can you blame someone for being the best? Maybe we should all strive to be average :rolleyes:
Dude, I put a smilie, so that was supposed to be a joke...

But if you're taking it serious: It is ME who is going to stop watching the formula, so I get to decide whom to blame for the fact that I will stop watching the races.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
Like I said, it's not Ferrari's fault the rest of the teams are completely incompetent.
That's a bit harsh, some teams like Renault and especially BAR are doing great. It's just that the previous top teams, McLaren and Williams have not performed. Also Ferrari are just superb, and F1 is a sport that's easier to dominate than other sports.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

That's a bit harsh, some teams like Renault and especially BAR are doing great. It's just that the previous top teams, McLaren and Williams have not performed. Also Ferrari are just superb, and F1 is a sport that's easier to dominate than other sports.
Just look at the other teams Torks. Williams have two drivers who hate eachother and keep driving eachother off the track. McLaren keep blowing their engines and losing ther rear wings. BAR is doing great than Button announces he's going to Williams and screws everything up, while Sato does his best to destroy as many cars as possible. Toyota has got more money than Bill Gates yet they cant do anything with their constant staff and driver changes.

The only organised enough team is Renault, but they just dot have the speed.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
True. But I'm really pissed with McLaren. I had high hopes for them to give some competition.
That's the idea I have gotten after very competative last season.

I am pissed both at Williams and McLaren. But happy for Honda...

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

Is it Ferrari's fault? They're making history here, they are the best team in the world and they deserve everything they get. You think they had it easy? Well, they didnt. When Schumacher came to Ferrari they had probably the 4th or 5th best car on the grid, yet, from day one he managed to challenge for the title in an inferior car. They worked very hard to get where they are today, and it's not their fault the rest of the teams are completely incompetent. Ferrari should be rewarded and praised for their hard work, not hated. They are what they are because they worked hard at it and beacause they are united as a team. Other teams have more money, yet they cant challenge Ferrari.

Kudos to Ferrari I say.
Your missing the point. The FIA only makes things worse, by putting up certain systems and procedures in to place to aid the other teams so they can catch up with Ferrari, and the end result is that Ferrari hammers them over. Im fed up with rule changes, they shouldnt be made in the first place, because then that just spoon feeds other teams and they dont aspire to raise the bar any further, theyre happy with the new conditions. And ferrari only has to slow down to meet those norms, which doesnt really affect them. So im against new rules and regulations every fkg year. It should be the way it was, they should stick to convention, and let other teams toil the way they have to achieve what Ferrari has.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I agree. But what I'm saying is that it's not Ferrari's fault F1 is boring, and that we shouldnt hate them.

But yes, everything the FIA have done has backfired, all new rules help Ferrari because they have the best team, resources, driver, and can adapt to new rules quicker than others. Look at the one engine rule for example: who does it favour? Ferrari of course, they havent had an engine faliure for 3 years now.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Yea, FIA are being made to look foolish. And all the regulations are made to look like one big joke. With changes every year. At this rate, noone will take them seriously anymore. And it wont be good for the sport.

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
Yeah and the new point system is sooooooooooooo anti Schumacher.

So many wins and still no title.

What bothers me the most about the system though is that now a victory isn't worth the same as before, which is very stupid. P2 or P3 now are very close to P1 pointwise, the victory has lost much of it's value...

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
Your missing the point. The FIA only makes things worse, by putting up certain systems and procedures in to place to aid the other teams so they can catch up with Ferrari, and the end result is that Ferrari hammers them over. Im fed up with rule changes, they shouldnt be made in the first place, because then that just spoon feeds other teams and they dont aspire to raise the bar any further, theyre happy with the new conditions.
Most of the new techniqual rules weren't created to help other teams catch up to Ferrari, but to make the sport cheaper(new engine rule for instance). And as Zlatan said, Ferrari benefits as they have the resources to adapt quicker than the other teams.
++ [ originally posted by Ferrari^M ] ++
Yeah and the new point system is sooooooooooooo anti Schumacher.

So many wins and still no title.

What bothers me the most about the system though is that now a victory isn't worth the same as before, which is very stupid. P2 or P3 now are very close to P1 pointwise, the victory has lost much of it's value...
I just can't agree here, the change in the points rule was much needed IMO. F1 can't only be about the top teams and winning first place as it pretty much was before, as there a lot of teams investing INSANE amounts of money but still not being no where near number one. The FIA needs to distribute the points, media coverage and the money, or else we will end up with a lot of teams dropping out and the best team being allowed to enter 3 or 4 cars each race. Some would like that, most people wouldn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)