Formula 1 (6 Viewers)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
I still think its JPM's year if the BMW Williams start rolling.
Yeah... You could tell how upset he was during the press-conference. Baricello didn't allow him to fight with Shumacher right before their third pitstop.

I think this season will be with Montoya... as long as they BMW solve their problems, especially with Michelin tires.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i've been impressed with the bmw engine all along.since two seasons ago schumacher's superior driving skills has been what has kept ferrari in front,not their car.

bmw on the other hand have a great and flamboyant driver in montoya,plus a superb engine.they should really challenge for the title if they get their act together and ralf manages to do better than decent for once.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Pendir ] ++
I am so sick of Ferrari winning it over and over and over again. Shumaher now has 20 points.

This year they've started even better than last year!
They started crap last year. :groan: Why does everyone hate success?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
week what?! :confused:

Are you kidding? Australians live for the weekend. Quite a counterproductive culture, I must say

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Good tactical race by Schumi. Barichello choose hard compound tires & that messed his chances. Why do guys hate Ferarri? I think JPM cannot handle the pressure. Poor Webber it would have been better if he started from the end of the grid.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++
I think JPM cannot handle the pressure.
I don't think that's the case. He's just inconsistant. Whenever he starts poorly, he pulls himself together and makes up a lot of ground. It's just that Schumacher is a machine - he can perform to nearly his optimum every single lap of every single race.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Well, I do like Michael Shumacher (because he is a big fan of Juventus). But I don't like Ferrari. I own a BMW, so I am a Williams fan.

I am very pissed at Ferrari's hegemony in Formula 1. This has got to end to make the race more interesting. Any other champion is fine with me!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
Gray, you're talking to a guy from a nation that lives for the pub. You want counterproductive? You can't handle counterproductive!
We're not too far behind, believe me :D

The pub culture is very well established in Australia, quite possibly due to the nation's heritage ;) Actually, Irish pubs are quite popular around here, and they've always got names like Paddy Maguire's etc.

okay offtopic, i'll stop now

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
Cool. Im an Audi lover
Audi cars are fascinating. A friend of mine has an S6 quattro. I've never driven anything as exciting as that one (too bad I can't afford it :) ). I wish BMW were still making all-wheel luxary sedans.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I don't think that's the case. He's just inconsistant. Whenever he starts poorly, he pulls himself together and makes up a lot of ground. It's just that Schumacher is a machine - he can perform to nearly his optimum every single lap of every single race.
Good point. Never really looked at from Schumacher angle. But then again everytime Montoya starts badly is coz he makes mistakes due to his inability to handle pressure.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002

i agree.

montoya's a driver with a flair for driving and doesn't seem like the kind of person to let the pressure get to him.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I disagree. Just because Schuma is perhaps slightly more talented that Montoya does not mean that Montoya can't handle pressure. I don't think any of the Formula 1 drivers would ever let pressure get to them. They simply wouldn't have made it to the most popular races in the world.

Yes, it has to do with mastership, and Schumacher is clearly ahead on that one. But it also has to do with millions of other factors, like quality of the car you drive, type of rubber you use, weather conditions, etc.

And Ferrari has shown that it's best so far. But this will end this season!

Forza Williams!

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think there has been more than just one factor that has led to Schumacher's past successes. He definitely has the talent. But then again, he's also been luckier than most. For me, JV and Schumi were arguably the most talented drivers on track, but their careers headed in opposite directions, with luck being hte determining factor.

Neway as for JPM, he definitely seems like the only guy along with Kimi who looks likely to take the title away from MS. I dont think the pressure ever gets to him, infact i think he has a big game temperament, and fights to the finish. Kimi is the iceman, much like Mika used to be, but maybe showing a little more aggresion could help his cause.

My pick wud be the BMW Williams. And Juan Pablo Montoya.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Alonso is driving better than Montoya at the moment (though Kimmi can't be judged on the basis of having the Magical MacLauren Exploding Engine). He's probably as good as either, an he's younger than both. Don't forget Schumacher 2.0 either. He's performed about as well as Montoya on a consistant basis. I think he's probably a bit less talented, but he's more consistant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)