Formula 1 - Season 2017 (1 Viewer)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
do you think raiko would not pass them if the car was good? cmon man have some sense..
Vettel was leading the championship till yesterday race results. That was 12 races leading. Car cant be that bad. Hamilton hasnt retired any races either so it wasnt like Vettel had luck there and Hamilton now caught up. Ricciardo went past Kimi yesterday like a rock. And Ferrari has a better car than RB this season as results show. No way would have Ricciardo past Vettel like that. Ferrari still has better engine than Renault this season.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
As the season progresses, Mercedes looks more powerful and more likely to retain the title. I've been patiently waiting for 10 years for having a Ferrari driver as a champion. Hopefully Vettel stands a small chance. :xfinger:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
There was talk that Vettel went wide in lap 40 and damaged his steering again and had to manage his situation so couldnt push fully. Hence the gap.

Also Monza is power track and Mercedes engine power makes the big difference there. The pundits are saying that Singapore and Japan will show us if Vettel can still win the championship.

Also Red Bulls have done well in Singapore (Ricciardo has 3 podiums there last 3 years, 2nd twice). So they could add competition for the win/podium.

I think neither Vettel or Ham can afford another 1-3 type of finish. -10 points instantly.

I have a feeling some kind of retirement can decide this championship. Neither Vettel or Ham has retired this season. You would think there is going to be that one odd race smth happens, either technical retirement (Ham retired engine last year in Malaysia) or some Torpedo/Mad Max crash at the start for example.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
@Stephan

Did you see how easily Bottas and Ricciardo went past Kimi in Monza? Bottas due to engine power and Ricciardo due to supersoft and fresh tyres. If a Mercedes driver wins the championship I prefer it to be Bottas then. Can't stand Lewis since his McLaren days.

- - - Updated - - -

You would think there is going to be that one odd race smth happens, either technical retirement (Ham retired engine last year in Malaysia) or some Torpedo/Mad Max crash at the start for example.

:D

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
@Stephan

Did you see how easily Bottas and Ricciardo went past Kimi in Monza? Bottas due to engine power and Ricciardo due to supersoft and fresh tyres. If a Mercedes driver wins the championship I prefer it to be Bottas then. Can't stand Lewis since his McLaren days.

- - - Updated - - -
If you read what i posted, i did mention that. I just think Kimi is not as good these days and is easier to pass. It doesnt mean Ferrari has bad car now. Vettel has been making podiums most of season. Someone like Ricciardo precisely who is a pure racer would be fighting for the championship with that Ferrari car. Kimi isnt.

Vettel was leading the championship till yesterday race results. That was 12 races leading. Car cant be that bad. Hamilton hasnt retired any races either so it wasnt like Vettel had luck there and Hamilton now caught up. Ricciardo went past Kimi yesterday like a rock. And Ferrari has a better car than RB this season as results show. No way would have Ricciardo past Vettel like that. Ferrari still has better engine than Renault this season.
- - - Updated - - -

Im aware of that but im thinking more innocent situation were someone simply crashes into one of them in the start or there is technical retirement. There has been some talk about Vettel potentially getting some engine penalties cause he is on his 4th engine or smth. That would mean grid penalties, so he would start in the middle and its more likely to actually end up in a crash there in the middle.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
There was talk that Vettel went wide in lap 40 and damaged his steering again and had to manage his situation so couldnt push fully. Hence the gap.

Also Monza is power track and Mercedes engine power makes the big difference there. The pundits are saying that Singapore and Japan will show us if Vettel can still win the championship.

Also Red Bulls have done well in Singapore (Ricciardo has 3 podiums there last 3 years, 2nd twice). So they could add competition for the win/podium.

I think neither Vettel or Ham can afford another 1-3 type of finish. -10 points instantly.

I have a feeling some kind of retirement can decide this championship. Neither Vettel or Ham has retired this season. You would think there is going to be that one odd race smth happens, either technical retirement (Ham retired engine last year in Malaysia) or some Torpedo/Mad Max crash at the start for example.
with two victories in asia i think its almost locked. but i'm afraid the ferraris won't do that.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Williams and McLaren, how the mighty have fallen. :howler:

Ferrari however, is always a constant.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree: Instead of washed up has been Kimi.
Do you remember Ferrari in the early 90's (when Alesi was there)? Those cars were shite!

Danijel

Sep 12, 2017
Forza Ferrari! Forza Vettel! ::ferrari:: Glad that even Red Bull's are ahead of Mercedes duo, Hamilton and Bottas. Good job for Raikkonen, he got Seba's back. :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)