Formula 1 2020 season (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think it's pretty good. Way better than what they have in US&A. Italy has the best anthem by far.
I actually like the American anthem. Also La Marseillaise, and obviously 'Il Canto' as well.

Wales and Scotland have their own great national anthems. I always have a sing along to Mae Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau and Flower of Scotland even if they are playing England or Italy, as my paternal grandparents and many relatives are from those countries. If you want to see good examples of these anthems just look up any time they are playing England in a major sporting event :lol2:

England has its own unofficial anthem called Jerusalem, which is the kind of hymn that makes the hairs stand up on your neck, but for most sporting events the English teams use God Save The Queen.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 17, 2013
Tasteless in what way? You suppose the war song anthems of other countries are more tasteful, perhaps?

It was written over 250 years ago. State and religion have been intrinsically linked in this country since Anglo-Saxon times, and all of the British or English anthems reflect that.

It's the most boring national anthem, I know that much. Made worse by people never being able to sing it at the right tempo.
I misspoke, I meant insipid or boring.

I respect the hymn, for a British it represents something but from an external point of view the lyrics are meh and the rhythm of the music is not dynamic. God save is at the same level as the Spanish anthem.

The Russian, French or Italian anthem,on the contrary even if you don't understand the lyrics give you goosebumps when you listen to them.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Dude, I have not seen a post from you for like a decade.
You haven't missed many of my posts here in that time. My career started to suck up more and more time. This forum slipped off my radar. I lurk occasionally, post even more infrequently.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Honestly......

I have been patient for a while. But honestly, heads have to roll at Ferrari. When you consider how much of a budget they have, not getting into Q3 and barely making it into Q2 is totally unacceptable. I know that the engine has been a huge issue.......so I kind of thought this is something they can fix before next year given that they can't upgrade the engine until then. BUT...they were hardly faster than Alfa Romeo and Haas who have the same engine - that is incredible and unacceptable.

Totally poor. Change is needed ASAP.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I know Ferrari has been known to be trigger happy in the past....but I'm sorry - given the budget...you can't be coming close to last with no mechanical issues and barely outperforming your customer teams. Head HAVE to roll. They need to hire some skillful non-Italians - give up on this nationalistic mentality.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Good thing there will not be any Tifosi at Monza. Heads would literally fly.

Poslano sa mog SM-J530F koristeći Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)