Formula 1 - 2019 (1 Viewer)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Sad news, he was an extremely talented driver (not just in F1). Nothing but respect for the drivers of that era and the dangers they faced.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
As much as I respect the guy, I can't help but admit that his time was up here anyway. Too many costly errors which hurt our chances of ever securing the championship, especially in 2018 when we were looking like the favourites. I wish him well but I just hope they bring in a top quality successor. Verstappen or Hamilton would be a dream, though that sounds overly unrealistic. Most realistic replacement would be Sainz or Riccardio. I wouldn't mind the latter.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
TBH his spell at Ferrari was a huge failure, both from him and the team. 14 race wins out of 100 races, please. Can't say I'm either shocked or sad at this news.

F1 in modern times just seems to be about being in the right car at the right time. Actually, strike that, it's been that way mostly since the 80s, it's just down to the two individual drivers on said dominant team.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
BTW Hamilton is never going to pass up the easiest chance to tie Schumacher's championship wins total and leave Mercedes now. Nice posturing from him though, sure it earned him a little more money and cuddles.

I think he would like to race for Ferrari as part of his Senna homage, but to move now would take some guts.

Carlos Sainz seems nailed on to replace Vettel, if you believe the bookies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Any chance Rosberg comes out of retirement? I think he would be the perfect #2 for Leclerc. A mentor to him.

- - - Updated - - -

TBH his spell at Ferrari was a huge failure, both from him and the team. 14 race wins out of 100 races, please. Can't say I'm either shocked or sad at this news.

F1 in modern times just seems to be about being in the right car at the right time. Actually, strike that, it's been that way mostly since the 80s, it's just down to the two individual drivers on said dominant team.

This isn't directed towards you at all, so please don't take it this way.

I'm reading how Ferrari failed him and what not, and while part of that might be true, how does one explain the fact that Leclerc won more races and finished on the podium more times last season in the same exact car?

- - - Updated - - -

BTW Hamilton is never going to pass up the easiest chance to tie Schumacher's championship wins total and leave Mercedes now. Nice posturing from him though, sure it earned him a little more money and cuddles.

I think he would like to race for Ferrari as part of his Senna homage, but to move now would take some guts.

Carlos Sainz seems nailed on to replace Vettel, if you believe the bookies.
Don't you think he's still a little too young to be accepting of a #2 Driver role?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Any chance Rosberg comes out of retirement? I think he would be the perfect #2 for Leclerc. A mentor to him.

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't directed towards you at all, so please don't take it this way.

I'm reading how Ferrari failed him and what not, and while part of that might be true, how does one explain the fact that Leclerc won more races and finished on the podium more times last season in the same exact car?

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you think he's still a little too young to be accepting of a #2 Driver role?
Probably frustration. When you are a multiple champion in an erratic car you get frustrated and do desperate things. Maybe Vettel can only drive in a reliable and fast car, not all drivers are the same. Leclerc got more out of it, but it's quite a small sample size. He's young and fearless. Alonso's record is very similar to Vettel's over the same amount of races, almost exact, and for me he was the best driver in the championship at the time.

Ferrari is a failing team now, but they might as well put two young and fearless talents in the car because they'll win more points than a grumbling ex-champion. Sainz is young but it's common for teams now to have competing drivers within a team. He did a good job with McLaren and doesn't need to be a distant #2.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Would have liked to have seen Ricciardo at Ferrari. I think in the right car he could be a title contender. I suppose Ferrari want a lower cost option and to have Leclerc as the clear no.1.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
the monaco gp is usually on the last weekend of may, and probably that's why the youtube algorithm popped it up for me. i liked it years ago, this is an archive footage of the '62 gp:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)