Foreign players treated badly? (1 Viewer)

Are foreign players more prone to bad treatment from the management?

• yes, that seems to be the trend

• I see no such pattern

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jul 28, 2002
Yes and no subject, depending on the player, obviously there is a bias toward italaians as they are italian team, but on the other side of the coin, if they have high ability, they tend to get paid well anyway, jus trez is a acception.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #3
    Okay well Davids was refused a contract, Trez was refused a contract. Meanwhile Di Vaio got an extension on his. That may be completely coincidental but some of us get the impression that foreign players have less leeway.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Well Juventus do tend to focus mostly on home grown youth but then again your theory would fall when you think that Iznaghi was sacrficed for Trezeguet, right?

Jul 28, 2002
    Trez...i canrt explain, but davids talked to another team and supposodly made agreements, something that would go doen with moggi well, regardless of the natioanlity, if that was dyo, imo the same thing woulda happened.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #6
    Well we're not talking about history here, just a trend that seems to be felt the last couple of years.

Jul 28, 2002
    yeah, there has been a bias toward only signing italians and the odd none italian here and there, appiah??

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Hmm I don't know I don't see any trend really. Just some coincidences maybe which will be wiped away through this summer's transfer market (already two foreigners have been signed).

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
    Yes and no subject, depending on the player, obviously there is a bias toward italaians as they are italian team, but on the other side of the coin, if they have high ability, they tend to get paid well anyway, jus trez is a acception.
    Why is that obvious? We don't have that in Holland!

Sep 28, 2002
    camoranesi was signed after good season with verona. now you dont expect that he would be paid 3m+ a year, do you. he started briliiantly but then faded, so no wonder that he isnt paid more.

also good point the moments about signings of di vaio and trez.

look at salas. when he came he was one of top strikers in serie a. and he was paid ~2m a year if i remember correctly. and where is he now? but we still pay him

all this thing is just a bunch of coincidences imo. davids was ****ed true, but himself he acted like a good prick. trez wants to be paid more, but moggi sees better alternatives. so i dont see any kind of trouble here.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Oh yeah, and what about the case of Maresca? He has not even been given the opportunity to play on a regular basis by the management. He earns much less than Trez or Davids, and he is respected much less. Oh, btw, Enzo is Italian too. So I don't see a pattern here, and there probably isn't one.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    I think the worse of all is Tres case. The guy did a more than acceptable season taking in consideration how bad we did....and they bropke their promises.

IMO thats shamefull.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    I don't see davids was treated badly , he absolutly didn't want to continue with juve , all he cares for is $...

about trezeguet , it's diff sitiuation i guess , Moggi mess it all up! He is known as lier , He Promises then He brakes It !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)