For the Msn Messenger users (1 Viewer)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
In the Msn Messenger it appeared a new virus called Wode.jpg .
Once you open this site : (h..ttp://www.xf2s.com/msn/wode.jpg), the virus will enter your computer and will infect it. This virus, after a while, paralizes your Msn Messenger and you will not be able to send messagess to any of your contacts through messenger.

How to delete it?

1. Go to Start, Run. Type regedit

2. In the folders at your left, go to these folders :
+ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

+ SOFTWARE

+ Microsoft

+ Windows

+ CurrentVersion

+ Run

(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run)

3. After you click folder Run, in the right side you have some files. Look for files called "realone_nt2003" and "realone_nt2004". Once you have found these files, delete them.

4. Close the Run folder window, and go to C:/Windows/system32/

5. Find these files and delete them : "MONIKER.EXE", "SYSLRAY.EXE", "HKT1.DLL"

note* if those files can't be deleted, open Windows Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DELETE), go to Processes, find those files on the list, click on them once, and then click End Process.

6. Unistall Msn Messenger.

7. Restart your computer.

8. ReInstall Msn Messenger. link to download msn messenger

This should work. :)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
    But if we don't go to that site computer will not be infected?
    Of course not. But IF you go to that site, your msn messenger will be infected and that link will be sent automatically to all your contacts.

OP
    The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
    Ok, well, what if one of my contacts has been infected. Is any way to protect myself from him/her?
    Yes. Just don't click on the link.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I had a problem with an MSN Messenger virus. It manifested itself by having pop up notices that these spammers added me to their contact lists. And then it manifiested itself by chewing up CPU cycles by firing up without my permission everytime I used Hotmail.

Then I realized that MSN Messenger itself was the virus, so I innoculated my system. ;)

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    I had a problem with an MSN Messenger virus. It manifested itself by having pop up notices that these spammers added me to their contact lists. And then it manifiested itself by chewing up CPU cycles by firing up without my permission everytime I used Hotmail.

Then I realized that MSN Messenger itself was the virus, so I innoculated my system. ;)

:thumb: :cool:

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003

Are you sure you're not talking about Windows Messenger, and not MSN Messenger? Because Windows Messenger is a very vulnerable tool in windows which spammers take advantage of. It has nothing do with MSN Messenger. But I don't know if that's what you're talking about.

OP
    The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #16
    I forgot to say. If you don't wanna be infected with this virus, go to Internet options, then go to Security, click on the icon called Restricted Sites.
    After you click Restricted Sites, then click on Sites.
    You'll see something writing Add this website to the zone. Below write this link : ((http://www.xf2s.com/msn/news), click add and then click OK. The virus won't infect you. :)

@Elnur : you're welcome. :)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

:howler::star:

Btw I tried that link, nothing happened :frown:

Code:
    	  if (!((window.navigator.userAgent.indexOf("MSIE") > 0) &&
     (window.navigator.appVersion.charAt(0) == "2")))
    	  {
    	  	Homepage();
    	  }
    Browser discrimination!! :fero:

OP
    The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #19
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
    Whats that program for MSN messenger that tells you who has you blocked?

dMSN.

@Martin : Do you have Msn Messenger installed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)