For linux profs. (2 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well it's an operating system. Formatting sounds like a good idea to me.. You'll have to wipe the partition one way or another if you want to get rid of it.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
It's not a program that can be uninstalled! How the hell do you uninstall Windows? There is no such option. Neither is there with Linux.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
It's not a program that can be uninstalled! How the hell do you uninstall Windows? There is no such option. Neither is there with Linux.
:D Uninstalling an OS is like trying to shoot a gun with itself.

Jul 28, 2002
a self destruct button would be nice :D

Btw for anyone who think Explorer is good.....nope its pant absoloute pants, jus had to say that!!!

(try crazy browzer)

Jul 28, 2002
:rofl: bravo john, i bet thats what they have in the fbi offices to get rid of the incriminating evidence that geroge bush is actully country and western dancer

OP
NEDVED

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13
    btw, i want a program to control my internal fan of my laptop (cpu fan) (turn off or on), any ideas?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Actually you can uninstall windows.

There's a file called uninstallos.exe or something in the windows\system32 folder IIRC. I can't check right now cos i'm using a mac at uni :wallbang:

Nedved I highly recommend against turning off your CPU fan, so i shan't point you in the direction of any programs ;)

OP
    NEDVED

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    i want to keep my cooling fan "on" Graham, after some time from turning my laptop on, it becomes hot especially in summer, then it becomes annoying to put it on my lap and work...

Reza

Jul 13, 2002
    take a look at power management api ,it only available in NT5 family .
    there is i see lots of stuff for power management.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)