For Eric - Dutch Friendly?? (1 Viewer)

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
Eric, Can you answer me a question or do some digging for me please!

I've heard that the
friendly the Dutch play at the end of the season has been cancelled, the one that the winner of the Dutch Eerste Divisie play against Suriprofs, as ADO Den Haag have a bad relationship with Ajax....

Apparently now Suriprofs will play a dutch all star team but they will only have a section of the ADO side within it.....

Its normally played at the Olympic Stadium....

Have you heard if its still being played there, and on what date???

I really want to go to this game!!

Any help would be really appreciated...
ta

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I heard this game will indeed be played but against an all-star team instead of the team of my city (The Hague) as would be the usual procedure.

Give me a sec to find out when, where and who exactly!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
OK - I found it!

The match will be played on Monday, 02 June 2003 in the Olympic stadium of Amsterdam. It's not certain yet who the Suriprofs will face as the whole ADO issue hasn't been dropped yet. Some fans and players of Suriprofs expressed concerns but the KNVB hasn't made a decision yet. I'll keep you posted!!

Here's the article I found the information in. I got it from www.suriprofs.nl :

NIEUWE WEDSTRIJDATUM
Noteer vast in je agenda: maandag 2 juni 2003, de eerstvolgende wedstrijd van de Suriprofs in het Olympisch Stadion in Amsterdam. Tegen wie is natuurlijk nog niet bekend, maar via deze pagina's houden we je graag op de hoogte.

OP
Bongiovi

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    EErrmmmm next question.....

How far away is the Olympic Stadium from Amsterdam Centraal...

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Bongiovi ] ++
    Eric, I send you a HUGE BIG KISS :D:kiss::kiss:

you are a :star:
    Thanks! And I know I am :D

I found the probable list of players, thought you might want this:

Keepers: Coutinho (PSV) of Boy Watermarn (Heerenveen)

Verdedigers: Regillio Vrede (Roda JC), Ervin Lee (AZ), Mitchel Pique (Ajax), Brian Tevreden (Telstar), Harvey Esajas (Torino), Winston Bogarde (Chelsea), Jurgen Seedorf (De Graafschap) en Stefano Seedorf (Ajax).

Middenvelders: Edgar Davids (Juventus), Clarence Seedorf (Inter Milaan), Orlando Trustfull (Vitesse), Shedrix Seedorf (NAC), Dean Gorré (FC Barnsley), Marciano Schultz (Telstar), Orlando Engelaar (NAC), Michel Nok (De Graafschap), Purrel Fränkel (De Graafschap), Ellery Cairo (FC Twente)

Aanvallers: Romano Denneboom (Heerenveen), Kevin Bobson (NAC), Clyde Wijnhard (Preston), Darl Douglas (Ajax), Regillio Simons (NAC) en Nordin Wooter

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    EErrmmmm next question.....

How far away is the Olympic Stadium from Amsterdam Centraal...
    Assuming that you'll be travelling by public transportation, you can take Tramlines 16 and 24 from Grand Central Station. These trams will pass Sloterdijk, Zuid-WTC, Rai, Duivendrecht and the Bijlmer and you would have to exit at stop Amstelveenseweg. I don't know how long it takes to get there exactly. I'd say half an hour but don't pin me down on that one!

I believe the buslines that go there are GVB 15, 23 and 63.

I am absolutely positive about the tramlines, but I never take the bus in Amsterdam so you might want to check those at the Tourist Office or something if you decide to take the bus.

Let me know if you're thinking of renting a car and I'll look up a route-description for you. I'd have to search for that one though, as I don't have a car myself and don't have a clue where the one-way streets and stuff are. Taking the car can be tricky however - the number of parking places are supposed to be limited in the area.

Here's a pic of the stadium:

OP
    Bongiovi

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    OOhhhhh thank you....

I'm sorry I realised in all my excitment ( it doesn't take much) that I spelt your name with a c and not a k.....sorry!

Great....I'm gonna see if I can get tickets now...

I had a look on the Suriprofs site...nice pictures...haha, couldn't understand a word of it!!..ha

and how many brothers has Clarence Seedorf got!!.....did his parents want to create a football team of their own!!!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Forgot to mention, if you want to know exactly how long it takes to get there from Centraal by tram or bus, you should ring them at +31 (0)20 671 11 15

I can't imagine that they don't speak English so give it a try!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    OOhhhhh thank you....

I'm sorry I realised in all my excitment ( it doesn't take much) that I spelt your name with a c and not a k.....sorry!
    That's all right, it's the English way to spell my name and everybody did it when I was there so I'm used to it ;)

Great....I'm gonna see if I can get tickets now...

I had a look on the Suriprofs site...nice pictures...haha, couldn't understand a word of it!!..ha

and how many brothers has Clarence Seedorf got!!.....did his parents want to create a football team of their own!!!
    Yeah, I wondered about that too! But as it turns out, they are his nephews and cousins etc. Some talented family! :eek:

OP
    Bongiovi

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    Great, you've been a major help...
    I'll definately get the tram......If I tried to drive in Amsterdam I'd kill the poor people on the bikes....It was traumatic enough driving in Spain for the first time last year when I mounted the pavement....the poor pedestrians were traumatised!

OP
    Bongiovi

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    l'll email my friend at KNVB now to see about tickets and how much etc....I'll let you know how I get on :excited:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

Thanks! And I know I am :D

I found the probable list of players, thought you might want this:

Keepers: Coutinho (PSV) of Boy Watermarn (Heerenveen)

Verdedigers: Regillio Vrede (Roda JC), Ervin Lee (AZ), Mitchel Pique (Ajax), Brian Tevreden (Telstar), Harvey Esajas (Torino), Winston Bogarde (Chelsea), Jurgen Seedorf (De Graafschap) en Stefano Seedorf (Ajax).

Middenvelders: Edgar Davids (Juventus), Clarence Seedorf (Inter Milaan), Orlando Trustfull (Vitesse), Shedrix Seedorf (NAC), Dean Gorré (FC Barnsley), Marciano Schultz (Telstar), Orlando Engelaar (NAC), Michel Nok (De Graafschap), Purrel Fränkel (De Graafschap), Ellery Cairo (FC Twente)

Aanvallers: Romano Denneboom (Heerenveen), Kevin Bobson (NAC), Clyde Wijnhard (Preston), Darl Douglas (Ajax), Regillio Simons (NAC) en Nordin Wooter
    Four Seedorfs!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

OP
    Bongiovi

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #16
    hahaha...

Erik, I've got tickets.....15 Euros!!!!!!!!!!!!!! each....what a bargain...

About the players, at this moment they are looking who is available ( vacation, injury, etc. ) But Seedorf, Gullit, Winter have promised to be there and Rijkaard is the coach.

I can't wait now!

Thanks for your help!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Some great names to be there then, Suzanne! And 15 Euros is a bargain indeed! Enjoy the match! :thumb:

And Martin, 'Seedorf' is a German word so the plural form should be 'Seedörfer'. ;)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Ah, thanks, I didn't know what to do with myself once I realized I didn't know the plural form of Seedorf. You are today's hero :thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)