For all you guys who play(ed) football! (6 Viewers)

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

I used to be professional, I played in Australia then in a Benelux semi-pro league, then I played fourth division in France and won promotion for my team, but sat on the bench injured the next season. My old coach called me up some months ago and offered me a job as a coach. I told him that I'd think about it, he's now coaching in the French third division. So, basically, next season, I could be a professional coach, an assistant, but still professional. I haven't decided what I will do, but I certainly am considering it. So, I guess you could say that I'm close to going professional again...

Oh...and I recently played a scrimage with Hristo Stoichov. He's a pretty fine player and he scored on me once, not really my fault but he thought it was funny because I took the ball out of the net and put it in my bag, so I could put it on a shelf at home and tell people I got scored on by Hristo Stoichov....
Wow! That's cool! Especially the part about Hristo...
I've met a couple of footballers and Conte hit me with an awful shot when Denmark played them in Copenhagen... didn't get the ball :groan:

Well... remember me! You could sign me... cheap! Come on! What do you say?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Well certainly Ian must have the most illustrious life among us all. Enough to fill a book or two without boring most people.

Its obvious who's in between the sticks too then ;)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
BTW Karlberg I love your signature.

I can play every defensive position apart from wingback/right fullback. Im right-footed only, and my favourite position is sweeper/central defence.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

------? --- Erik

-----Karlberg

-----? --- ? --- Stuart

? --- Tom --- Hydde --- ?

---Rickenbacker2
Since The Central Defender position is filled already, Put me as a Leftback.... i play either position in my team, kinda like San Paolo Maldini :cool: ;)

------? --- Erik

-----Karlberg

-----? --- ? --- Stuart

Majed --- Tom --- Hydde --- ?

---Rickenbacker2

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #227
    Wait - I got Kalle providing me with passes? This ought to be good after that goal you uploaded for us! :drool: :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Damn I was late for this thread! Hopefully I can still make it as a striker!

I love playing football, and even though it's not very popular in Australia (the professional League is a joke, even though they tried to gain some credibility by renaming it the Australian Premier League instead of the National Soccer League), I always manage to get together with my friends for a kick-around.

The highest level I played at was in an all-age indoor soccer competition, you know, the one played with the oversized tennis ball. My greatest strength is my shooting, and it was ideal since the 'field' was small, so I would usually shoot from around halfway.

One of my greatest moments was:

In the final of the indoor comp (playing against men 10 years older than me!), I took a shot from kick-off and it rose into the corner to make it 1-0. What a start! Then later on (in extra time) we were losing 6-4 with about 4 minutes left. You can guess what happened next :D

My teammate passed me the ball from kickoff, and I just ran wide with the ball, faked a pass and shot it into the far corner. I didn't have time to celebrate, since we had to catch up, but I was thinking "Wow, that actually went in." 6-5.

I was standing about 6 metres out from goal, and received a ground-pass from my friend. I spun around passed two defenders (a bit like something I saw Ljungberg do in the CL, but he didn't score :D Also reminded me of Svensson's move before being denied by the post against Senegal...I'm modest too :D) and I chipped over the diving keeper, hit the bar and went in. 6-6 with 14 seconds to go (I remember looking up at the scoreboard at this moment).

The game was about to end with a tie. I'm still not sure if it would have gone to penalties (in INDOOR!) had it ended that way. I was actually expecting the game to finish pretty soon, and we were just trying desperately not to concede a killer goal with 5 seconds left. We were just clearing the ball away every time we got it, and somehow the ball landed in front of me at half-way. I just took a pot-shot, since time was about to run out anyway. The ball went past a defender, through the legs of the keeper and into the net. Needless to say, I went absolutely crazy and so did my teammates. 7-6 !!!

I've still got the trophy I won from that comp, I'll upload a pic if u want :D... my proudest moment EVER.

I also played outdoor soccer in high school, and scored some decent goals there, but nothing as dramatic or important as the indoor comp.

I've broken both wrists and my left leg playing, mostly due to bad tackles in wet conditions :frown: but it was all worth it for playing the beautiful game!

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    Sounds to me like we found our second striker... :thumb:

---------- Gray --- Erik

------------Karlberg

-----? --- ? --- Stuart

Majed --- Tom --- Hydde --- ?

----------Rickenbacker2

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Wait - I got Kalle providing me with passes? This ought to be good after that goal you uploaded for us! :drool: :D
    :D I'm gonna make you the worlds all time goal scorer :)

++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

What goal? :confused:
    I uploaded a goal on my own website, and linked to it... But it seems that I've deleted it... which is a load of crap, cuz I can't find it on my pc anymore :down:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Karlberg ] ++
    I uploaded a goal on my own website, and linked to it... But it seems that I've deleted it... which is a load of crap, cuz I can't find it on my pc anymore :down:
    Nonono, get it back! :D

Anders

Dec 13, 2002

Nonono, get it back! :D
    I'll try...

++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++

alright :groan: :D right back
    alrighty then...

I'll just call you Oded, so that people don't get to happy about seeing Davids in our team...

---------- Gray --- Erik

------------Karlberg

-----? --- ? --- Stuart

Majed --- Tom --- Hydde --- Oded

----------Rickenbacker2

Midfielders!!! Give 'em to me!!!

Anders

Dec 13, 2002

If not you'll have to reproduce it :D
    yeah... like that's gonna happen. In my footie "career" I've only seen a camera on the sideline twice.
    Doing it won't be hard, I do shit like that in every match :D

BTW... what's your position?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)