Football Manager 2024 (2 Viewers)

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
What mods are you using? Are they demanding on the cpu? I play from a work-laptop so I always assumed I wouldn't be able to run mods on it but never really looked into it. So I really don't know what's available out there.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
What mods are you using? Are they demanding on the cpu? I play from a work-laptop so I always assumed I wouldn't be able to run mods on it but never really looked into it. So I really don't know what's available out there.
Things like facepacks and logo packs spring to mind, I assume there will need a name correction edit for leagues and unlicensed team names to add. They're not necessarily cpu demanding but graphics can take up a fair bit of space depending on how much you're downloading to install.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Things like facepacks and logo packs spring to mind, I assume there will need a name correction edit for leagues and unlicensed team names to add. They're not necessarily cpu demanding but graphics can take up a fair bit of space depending on how much you're downloading to install.
I downloaded a facepack (heck, it was huge, you were right). It did add some value, I agree. I always fix the names though, I don't want to manage Zebra. ;)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Ok so it took only a few days in the end lol
Signed Baldzani
Want to sign - Vanderson, L.A
Waiting for January to see if I can get Vanderson
L.A - He doesnt want to join at the moment but my form in the league might change his mind...

League wise - Im on December and Im top of the league with no losses but with some annoying draws (Napoli for example, I think I drew Milan as well)
I get red cards every now and then but I manged to beat Roma away with 10 men and managed to draw Milan with 10 men.

Performers:
Chiesa - Very good
Vlahovic - Good but has on and offs
Miretti - He can play a Messi type of game with 3 assists and then play like a newbie at the next game
Fagioli - Like Miretti more or less
A.Sandro - Clear downgrade from previous versions.
Cambiasso - He is nothing for now
Weah - I was reluctant to use him at start but he outperformed MDS to the starting lineup.
Locatelli - Ok
Bremer - Very good

Any gems to sign this year? I need an AM CM and RWB
Scalvini they want too much for him
Carnesecchi is cheap but Im covered and have way bigger problems with my starting material.

I can confirm although it doesnt really matter - I would have probably get eliminated in the knockouts of the CL with this team (compared to previous versions in which I usually won the CL on the first or second season).

VAR ruins the game there as well which is realistic ;)

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Ok so it took only a few days in the end lol
Signed Baldzani
Want to sign - Vanderson, L.A
Waiting for January to see if I can get Vanderson
L.A - He doesnt want to join at the moment but my form in the league might change his mind...

League wise - Im on December and Im top of the league with no losses but with some annoying draws (Napoli for example, I think I drew Milan as well)
I get red cards every now and then but I manged to beat Roma away with 10 men and managed to draw Milan with 10 men.

Performers:
Chiesa - Very good
Vlahovic - Good but has on and offs
Miretti - He can play a Messi type of game with 3 assists and then play like a newbie at the next game
Fagioli - Like Miretti more or less
A.Sandro - Clear downgrade from previous versions.
Cambiasso - He is nothing for now
Weah - I was reluctant to use him at start but he outperformed MDS to the starting lineup.
Locatelli - Ok
Bremer - Very good

Any gems to sign this year? I need an AM CM and RWB
Scalvini they want too much for him
Carnesecchi is cheap but Im covered and have way bigger problems with my starting material.

I can confirm although it doesnt really matter - I would have probably get eliminated in the knockouts of the CL with this team (compared to previous versions in which I usually won the CL on the first or second season).

VAR ruins the game there as well which is realistic ;)
I screwed up but managed to win the league. Was level with Inter on final day but they somehow lost to Empoli. What I mostly failed with is managing the squad, so many forced their way out. McKennie, Rabiot, Rugani, Kostic, Szczesny, Sandro, Weah, Pinsoglio, Arthur, Jorge, Milik, Caviglia and MDS are all gone. Some were obviously pushed out but I had major issues keeping everyone happy most of the first year. Getting rid of all of them above solved it though. Only Chiesa going away now and I can't decide who to replace him with.
I liked Missori a lot, had him on loan. Only reason I didn't sign him was because Barbieri returning and looking good enough for a backup.
Guido Rodriguez has been quite good for me, came for free.
I too signed Baldanzi in January, he's done wonders.
I signed Coppola who didn't turn out well.
Fairly happy with Bove and Carnesecchi so far.

Regarding your query;
I am saving money for Frasneda.
Facundo Torres is cheap and seems to be a good rotational player. But Baldanzi is my starting AMC and he is so good, and you already have him.
I would strongly recommend André. I had him but withdrew in the final seconds because I wanted to be a starter and I wasn't certain about making that promise. He eventually joined Chelski and is now valued 120m euro.
While Fresneda is expensive, the others are cheap. Cambiaso is a bit incosistent but a starter for me. You could shift him to the right and look for a LWB, Parisi is fairly cheap.

General suggestions...
For GK I would recommend Lucas Perri.
Valentino Barco unless he has already been picked up.
Nypan refuses any of my approaches. Not sure why he hates me. But he looks really interesting.
Thuram looks like a beast but can't afford him (used my entire budget on Scalvini)
There are a lot of interesting players, per usual, in Porto and Benfica.
If you want to replace Danilo with someone similar I would go for Sildillia.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I screwed up but managed to win the league. Was level with Inter on final day but they somehow lost to Empoli. What I mostly failed with is managing the squad, so many forced their way out. McKennie, Rabiot, Rugani, Kostic, Szczesny, Sandro, Weah, Pinsoglio, Arthur, Jorge, Milik, Caviglia and MDS are all gone. Some were obviously pushed out but I had major issues keeping everyone happy most of the first year. Getting rid of all of them above solved it though. Only Chiesa going away now and I can't decide who to replace him with.
I liked Missori a lot, had him on loan. Only reason I didn't sign him was because Barbieri returning and looking good enough for a backup.
Guido Rodriguez has been quite good for me, came for free.
I too signed Baldanzi in January, he's done wonders.
I signed Coppola who didn't turn out well.
Fairly happy with Bove and Carnesecchi so far.

Regarding your query;
I am saving money for Frasneda.
Facundo Torres is cheap and seems to be a good rotational player. But Baldanzi is my starting AMC and he is so good, and you already have him.
I would strongly recommend André. I had him but withdrew in the final seconds because I wanted to be a starter and I wasn't certain about making that promise. He eventually joined Chelski and is now valued 120m euro.
While Fresneda is expensive, the others are cheap. Cambiaso is a bit incosistent but a starter for me. You could shift him to the right and look for a LWB, Parisi is fairly cheap.

General suggestions...
For GK I would recommend Lucas Perri.
Valentino Barco unless he has already been picked up.
Nypan refuses any of my approaches. Not sure why he hates me. But he looks really interesting.
Thuram looks like a beast but can't afford him (used my entire budget on Scalvini)
There are a lot of interesting players, per usual, in Porto and Benfica.
If you want to replace Danilo with someone similar I would go for Sildillia.
I started the league with a draw and then won some with great scoring margin (most notable 11-1)
I finished the league undefeated although I did lose in CI to Inter at QF.

Found some 20 year old who I really wanted to be my starting RWB (I play them at RB with wingback automatic role) but the annoying dude chose Napoli over me.

Baldzani - He is good when I need a goal and Miretti doesnt deliver but overall he is on the same level. More like depth signing.

Sold Kostic midseason
Couldnt find Illing a team and Im planning of shipping his ass as well (my tactic is 4-3-1-2 which means he doesnt fit)

Who surprised me the most was actually Weah - I gave him one chance and he didnt relinquish his spot until the end of the season - I`d even call him one of top 3 influential players to my Scudetto.
Provided many assists and created chaos to opponents. (Used him as RB due to lack of suiting players)

Cambiasso is meh.
Frasenda - I thought about him but I rather go for others - There is a young Hungarian but the guy has a 80M price tag at the moment.
Also there is a real gem at Benfica but price is similar
Scalvini - Atalanta are way too greedy.

I`d probably be slow now as I have other obligations until the weekend

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #33
    Just about to start my 3rd season here. Won Serie A and the Coppa Italia in my first two seasons. Made it to the final of the CL but got trounced by a ridiculously strong Barca side in the final.

So far I have already managed to clear out and replace all the mediocre hacks. I sold Gatti, Rugani, De Sciglio, Sandro, Cambiaso, HNC, milik, perin, arthur, weah, and kostic.

I've bought Scalvini, antonio silva (world class young CB), Fresneda, endrick, simone pafundi, kovacic, matteo ruggeri, parisi, de roon, lazzarri, rico lewis, and carnesecchi

Team currently looks like this

juve.png

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Just about to start my 3rd season here. Won Serie A and the Coppa Italia in my first two seasons. Made it to the final of the CL but got trounced by a ridiculously strong Barca side in the final.

So far I have already managed to clear out and replace all the mediocre hacks. I sold Gatti, Rugani, De Sciglio, Sandro, Cambiaso, HNC, milik, perin, arthur, weah, and kostic.

I've bought Scalvini, antonio silva (world class young CB), Fresneda, endrick, simone pafundi, kovacic, matteo ruggeri, parisi, de roon, lazzarri, rico lewis, and carnesecchi

juve.png
    I just finished my first season and also signed Silva - He is amazing and young
    Wanted Scalvini but Atalanta wanted way too much.
    I also got a 19 year old RWB from Fiorentina - Forgot his name - He isnt great but for his age he is.
    I didnt sell Weah since he actually put up some performances.

Gatti I actually find him as useful
    Rugani - Yeah I released him due to his wages and the fact I played him only once.
    Kean - I sold him even though I thought he was actually good - Arsenal made a 32M bid and I needed the money.
    There was a Hungarian lad who is extemely good and is on the left although could play on the right as well - Forgot his name but his club asks 100M...
    My biggest problem is the AMC role in which I have Miretti and Baldanzi but Im thinking of putting up a bid for Wirtz (I hate the fact Miretti and Baldanzi arent creative enough)
    I also seriously tracking Dortmund`s Moukoko - I remember what he did for me in the past 2 FMs

P.S Vlahovic was named as player of the season - apparently he scored well and provided a really good amount of assists (I think it was 15)

As for your team - I wonder how is Locatelli after 2 seasons?
    What about Fagioli?
    McK worth anything on the field? (Stats wise he is good)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    I see Fagioli improving, McK actually doing well and Locatelli improving his defense.
    Vision wise no improvement though.
    Is Miretti at least?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Ok so in the end I got none for AMC position as Leverkusen kept refusing my Wirtz bids but the interesting thing is actually Jamal Muisala.
    I made a bid of loan with obligation which got accepted by Bayern - The player himself agreed my contract BUT it was denied because it turns out I cant even put it on next season so I guess I`ll have to sell more in order to get a top AMC.
    Sold Illing as he doesnt fit my tactics, I got Matip on a free transfer and got that Silva kid as well so Im trying to offload Danilo (even though he isnt bad).
    None tried for Danilo and the most interesting part is I actually got a bid for him in the middle of last year but back then he was important so I rejected it (about 20M-30M)

Pafundi - Saw him but his finishing at 9 makes me want to look for someone else.

My ideal candidate is someone who can dribble and has some very good vision (and flair) while not suck at finishing (tough to find one as the great ones are already at top clubs)
    My actual preference is Arsenal`s AMC (forgot his name but he is Norwegian and well known) but they want over 200M so screw them..

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

juve.png
    Do you change formation when playing away against a strong side? I just wonder because at some specific games I take my AM and make him a DM (not him specifically but formation wise). It makes my steam way stronger and reduces amount of shots.
    Did it against Inter away last season and they rescued a draw at the last minute.
    Did it this season against Chelsea and took a 2-1 away win.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #39
    Do you change formation when playing away against a strong side? I just wonder because at some specific games I take my AM and make him a DM (not him specifically but formation wise). It makes my steam way stronger and reduces amount of shots.
    Did it against Inter away last season and they rescued a draw at the last minute.
    Did it this season against Chelsea and took a 2-1 away win.
    yes in difficult away games i play my AMC as a CM Mezzala i drop mentality to balanced and I drop my defensive line to normal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)