Football Manager 2021 (2 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Bout to begin 2nd season.

Couldn't sell a single one of Chezknee, Rugani, De Sciglio, Danilo, Costa, Pjaca or Perin (despite offering them all out at discount prices) but Napoli paid 35mil for a 33 y/o Cuadrado :boh: Milan passed on finalizing Tonali and I got him for 15mil :lol3:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Who did you buy besides Tonali? And it seems like Morata has to be bought in 2021 summer? I'm in April.

Have 50m budget and Morata clause is 45m...

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Morata, Tonali, Donnarumma, Eric Garcia, Manuel Lazzarri and a couple of great regens my scouts found.

Not stoked on Lazzarri (he's alright for 2nd choice behind Chiesa) but I had no cash and got for 15mil. Despite winning 4 trophies the board didn't give me shit for $ and the only first team player I managed to sell was Cuadrado so I really had limited funds for a RB.

Would have also liked to sell Ramsey and attempt to acquire young promising CAM but :boh: In FM20 I could generate 80mil + through selling off ageing players I didn't want the first summer and totally revamp squad.

OP
Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #165
    I bought Jan Oblak from Atletico for 100 mil. €, that was his release clause fee. Dude is a monster.

Jan Oblak.png

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I got 50m, and that's after months of crying for it. Curious how he got 100m too, because its almost impossible to sell players.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Oh come on, you know you will buy it, play it and enjoy it even though your post makes perfect sense. It will actually be challenging experience for me to win UCL with the likes of McKennie, Arthur, Chiesa and Morata.

Poslano sa mog SM-J530F koristeći Tapatalk
    I find managing Juve quite boring after a season or 2. Usually stick with promoting a bottom division club all the way up more fun.

- - - Updated - - -

How have you got €100m to spend in the first season? What is Juve's budget?
    Add manager buy Khedira for 50 mill

- - - Updated - - -

I got 50m, and that's after months of crying for it. Curious how he got 100m too, because its almost impossible to sell players.
    Realistic :D

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
    I find managing Juve quite boring after a season or 2. Usually stick with promoting a bottom division club all the way up more fun.
    True for Juve (or any big team) and latter is too much of a chore. Same with FIFA, hard to get excited or worked up about it anymore after years and years of playing the same thing (same concept and play with minor changes). Only feel like playing for a week when we get knocked out of CL lol or when mercato drags on sometimes.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    True for Juve (or any big team) and latter is too much of a chore. Same with FIFA, hard to get excited or worked up about it anymore after years and years of playing the same thing (same concept and play with minor changes). Only feel like playing for a week when we get knocked out of CL lol or when mercato drags on sometimes.
    Thing with fifa is, it's the gameplay that fucks me off more than anything. Generally speaking I used to only really play fifa for the ultimate team aspect till it became too much of a pay to win cash cow. At least with FM there is a sense of organic growth and more of a sense of accomplishment when you turn an underdog team into something big, or at least I feel thats where the real challenge is at, it adds longevity to the game as you sort of grow a sense of attachment to the team and the player(s) you find and develop

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Because he cheats.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to know I'm not the only having these issues. Nobody wants De Scilgio. Not even for free

As improved as the ME is, I think may also be too easy. Half way through my second season and I still haven't lost a game.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Its definitely too easy, the beta that is. I think I will wait for Tuesday when game is officially released, and restart a new save. The changes they make to regular game is allways more challenging, then the beta that is allways very goal happy.

OP
    Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #173
    I sold quite a lot of players but not all of them for good prices. I asked for an increased transfer budget and the board granted my request because we had a meeting where we agreed on upgrading the team. Starting transfer budget was about 50 mil. €, I think.

OP
    Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #174
    Not impossible when you sell them for peanuts.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    Really annoying this work permit in England. Brexit really isn't doing them any favours. So many signings that can't be made. For instance, can't sign Tonali. The inclusion for staff members to require a work permit makes sense, but why do scouts new a coaching license? There's a bunch of scouts I'd like to sign but can't because they do not have a continental coaching license. But they're scouts? Now I am signing players and staff that are barely making my shortlist but they are the only ones I can sign. Managed to sign Tomiyasu though, saw him in Bologna once and liked him (for some reason I really like Japanese players).

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Screenshot_20201124-201003_Facebook.jpg

I'm gonna try this challenge now the full game is out (will restart a Juve save too, delete my beta one).

I got Title challenger, Turkish league, 352, the first two parts of the numbers game is interesting, but its gonna make me play a 3-5-2 is just :lol:

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Following the above challenge, level of team, country and tactic, my first official released FM21 game will be with Fenerbache (chose them cuz they have Ömer Beyaz :D).

14 foreigners allowed, and already have 13 in main team, limits thing, half my squad are wingers and dont fit with 3-5-2 wingback roles :D and not being allowed to sign more then 1 foreigner means need to focus on turkish players, but anyone really good dont wanna be in turkish league so far in offers. So time to hunt for turkish wonderkids.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)