Football Manager 2019 (6 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
In what sense the game play? It's a complete shit heap of late
I didn't play FIFA for 10 years and still smash most teams in Legendary mode, can handle my own in Ultimate. Only in the big games like a crunch CL tie or derby when the engine gives the opposition superpowers does it become something of a challenge. Point being, career mode is far too easy and also inflexible and limited.

As for FM, at least this year there appear to be a few changes to get your head around. I've only had a little go the last few days because of holidays.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I didn't play FIFA for 10 years and still smash most teams in Legendary mode, can handle my own in Ultimate. Only in the big games like a crunch CL tie or derby when the engine gives the opposition superpowers does it become something of a challenge. Point being, career mode is far too easy and also inflexible and limited.

As for FM, at least this year there appear to be a few changes to get your head around. I've only had a little go the last few days because of holidays.
Personally fifa for the last few editions has just been re hashed but with updated squads, same horrible bugs, engine is awful, its so badly scripted now. As for fm I bought it last week for 19 quid online it takes time for me to finally leave my 20 year career file on fm17 and start fm19 full time but I guess I can finally say I get to manage Ronaldo at juventus before I start my usual bottom to the top type challenges

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
I'm in season 24/25. Great save so far. Got promoted every year and survived my first season in PL. Decent 12th place. Now I'm 7th with 12 games to go. Booked Carabao finals v Arsenal at Wembley - my first trip there. Playing home games at Loftus road, moving to Robbie Dale Arena in the summer. I hope I'll get decent regen this year. The best I've got had the potential to be a decent League One player, ffs. My facilities are still shit, just moved from rock bottom basic to below average conditions. It's a process...

3cfc6a2473fa9471328111aa7f300270.png

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Very impressive! I started a Juve save but I am yet in the first season. How did everyone else who tried FM19 with Juve do? I am playing 4231 with Mandzukic switching between target (support) and pressing (attack). Ronaldo as IF(attack) or Ramdauter. Dybala as AMC (attacking mid, support). The team is performing well but would like to get out more from Dybala and Ronaldo. Any suggestions?

Btw. Undefeated so far, but Inter seem like they've forgotten they're Inter so they are only two points behind. Unbelievable.

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #110
    Very impressive! I started a Juve save but I am yet in the first season. How did everyone else who tried FM19 with Juve do? I am playing 4231 with Mandzukic switching between target (support) and pressing (attack). Ronaldo as IF(attack) or Ramdauter. Dybala as AMC (attacking mid, support). The team is performing well but would like to get out more from Dybala and Ronaldo. Any suggestions?

Btw. Undefeated so far, but Inter seem like they've forgotten they're Inter so they are only two points behind. Unbelievable.
    dybala as amc is waste. gotta play him as a CF

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #112
    Your results are irrelevant when you give yourself a billion euros to sign Savic and Mbappe in the first season

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
    That's lame. Don't cheat, Marc. Are you using tactic from the internet as well?

Rofl, that Mbappe ss for 300m. Disgusting shit.

Last edited:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    Your results are irrelevant when you give yourself a billion euros to sign Savic and Mbappe in the first season
    I bought Sergej for about 60-70 mil. €. He was transfer listed and wanted to join my club after I declared my interest in him. Dude's a beast. Mbappe I bought him in 2nd season and benched that little pezevenk called CR7. :p

- - - Updated - - -

That's lame. Don't cheat, Marc. Are you using tactic from the internet as well?

Rofl, that Mbappe ss for 300m. Disgusting shit.
    I created my own tactic. Always buy Mbappe, you'll never regret it.

- - - Updated - - -

He really cheats?
    I merely increased my transfer budget to compete with the riches of PSG, Man City and the rest of rich clubs. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Last edited:

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
    That's cheating and it's fucked up. You'd have shitload of money after a year or two without any of that crap.

As for Mbappe - I'm playing with shit clubs, his weekly wage can cover wages of my entire team for a solid 8-12 months at start.

4d3200f0eb4af1b6c7ec21ebfea4e322.png

You created this? ROFL

0ca19f807bc059e48cdf4456b2899ed4.png

Last edited:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    That's cheating and it's fucked up. You'd have shitload of money after a year or two without any of that crap.

As for Mbappe - I'm playing with shit clubs, his weekly wage can cover wages of my entire team for a solid 8-12 months at start.

4d3200f0eb4af1b6c7ec21ebfea4e322.png

You created this? ROFL
    Well, I didn't exactly create it. I downloaded it and then modify it. As for cheating, each to his own opinion. I bought O. Dembele for even more cash than Mbappe. :D He will be Douglas Costa heir. I do however buy mostly wonderkids but even they cost you a lot. [Havertz, Tonali, Pellegri, Sessegnon, Upamecano]

Why do you play with shit clubs, mate? I don't see a point in that. For me, only Juve. I do understand if you want to start unemployed and then work your way to a top club but I don't understand your philosophy. :boh:

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
    Of course it's cheating, there's no other way to put it. You have unfair advantage, that you created, over anyone else playing regular game with Juventus, or in general.

For example, I had exactly 399 players on trial over 6 years at my club. All of them were free or set for release by other clubs. I had them with one reason - to see their attributes and if they can perform at that level. Many of them rejected my sorry ass and went to league below. While you had 1B transfer budget to begin with.

If you like cheating, do it, but keep it for yourself, do not post your accomplishment in FM thread when you're playing a different game.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #120
    What's the point in playing Football Manager if you give yourself like unlimited funds. Boring.
    For the feeling of sheer power.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the point in playing Football Manager if you give yourself like unlimited funds. Boring.
    For the feeling of sheer power.
    So in 2025 not even football is safe from androids stealing your jobs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)