Football Manager 2014 (14 Viewers)

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Im playing a season with Hellas Verona, Luca Toni is amazing, my defense legit passes it directly to the opposition sometimes its frustrating.
Are you playing a rigid formation? My defenders sucked too until I changed to rigid. For some reason with fluid or normal, they completely forget how to defend. At least that helped me.

Monco

C.R.E.A.M
Mar 27, 2013
Finally managed to fix the crashing problem and I'm now in October, so no more crashes hopefully.

Are you playing a rigid formation? My defenders sucked too until I changed to rigid. For some reason with fluid or normal, they completely forget how to defend. At least that helped me.
I'm playing on fluid and the results are decent, although it could be better. I conceded 6 goals in 9 matches, which is pretty average I guess, but this is my first time playing FM properly, so I'm not expecting perfect results right from the start.

I'm currently tied with Fiorentina for 3rd place, Catania are 2nd and Roma are 19th. At least Milan are where they supposed to be - 10th place. :D

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Roma & Napoli were fighting relegation at first in my save but they improved. Roma are now midtable & Napoli are fighting for a European spot. And for some reason, Livorno are third, Bologna are fourth. :lol:

Milan are 12th. :D

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Who did you defeat in the final? :D

Also, who was in your group, and which teams did you confront in the knockout stages to get to the final? :p
United, I played defensively and scraped a 1-0 because Tevez (who was on insane form) scored a 30 yard freekick in the 88th minute.

My group was Dortmund, Madrid, and Kobenhaven. I got 1 point off Madrid but managed to win both of my games against Dortmund so i went through in second place. After that I got really lucky with the draw in the first knockout round, Quarters and Semis. Steaua, Galatasary and Ajax :D

Steaua was an odd tie. I beat them 4-0 at home and was leading 1-0 at halftime in the away leg. I took out Vidal and another starting midfielder at some point in the second half and Steaua scored 4 times against me and I had to drop everyone back to avoid losing the tie.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm finding that some man-marking, almost catenaccio-esque tactics, can work quite well...

Finding it awkward when playing normally with a back four to deny space to an orthodox wide player when the opposition is playing 4-4-2 (or similar). Full backs don't seem to recognise a wide midfielder as being their responsibily in the way I'd like them to.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I'm finding that some man-marking, almost catenaccio-esque tactics, can work quite well...

Finding it awkward when playing normally with a back four to deny space to an orthodox wide player when the opposition is playing 4-4-2 (or similar). Full backs don't seem to recognise a wide midfielder as being their responsibily in the way I'd like them to.
Have you given them the tactical role of WBs or FBs? Even when positioned in a back four WBs will assume responsibility for more of the flank. I've also found it useful to tight mark opposition fullbacks as its the only way to get attacking wingers to drop back and prevent the fullback from being double up on.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Started playing about with different setting for them.

Thing is, I don't want them to play like wing backs when I'm in possession. Just need them to be a bit bolder when defending.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
United, I played defensively and scraped a 1-0 because Tevez (who was on insane form) scored a 30 yard freekick in the 88th minute.

My group was Dortmund, Madrid, and Kobenhaven. I got 1 point off Madrid but managed to win both of my games against Dortmund so i went through in second place. After that I got really lucky with the draw in the first knockout round, Quarters and Semis. Steaua, Galatasary and Ajax :D

Steaua was an odd tie. I beat them 4-0 at home and was leading 1-0 at halftime in the away leg. I took out Vidal and another starting midfielder at some point in the second half and Steaua scored 4 times against me and I had to drop everyone back to avoid losing the tie.
+Rep Thanks for taking the time to answer my query with such a detailed response :D

Steaua, Gala, and Ajax does seem like a relatively straightforward path to the final, and quite unrealistic :D

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Yeah, I'm using Icardi as a poacher (and Belfodil when Icardi needs a rest, who also scores almost every time he plays). Palacio on the other hand only has a couple goals but gets assists.

Golazo

★ ★ ★
Sep 1, 2011
He's gone to Man Utd in my game, too.

Well, Vidal has so far played 26 Serie A games and received only 1 yellow card.

lolwhatfuck

Golazo

★ ★ ★
Sep 1, 2011
Have you guys experienced delayed subs?

Just now, it took 8 minutes to make a sub from the time I called it. This has happened 4 or 5 times now. I find it hard to believe there isn't one stoppage in play for 5-8 minutes...

Fucks up my tactics and potentially the chance for a win.
It just took 11 minutes to make a much needed double substitution from the time I selected it. The opposition made 2 single substitutions in that 11 minutes. How can they make them and I can't? Not one stoppage in play in 11 minutes where I can make even 1 sub? Piss off.

Anyone else getting this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)