Football Manager 2014 (17 Viewers)

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Everyone who's struggling, what formation are you using? I had to switch to a formation I would normally never use to start getting good results.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Everyone who's struggling, what formation are you using? I had to switch to a formation I would normally never use to start getting good results.
I'm going along rather nicely with a 4-3-3/4-5-1.

Defensive fullbacks, one of the midfield three as an advanced playmaker getting forward, one winger and one inside forward as the wide players.

High-ish defensive line, high tempo, playing narrow.

Golazo

★ ★ ★
Sep 1, 2011
It's been all patience for me. I'm either using:

3-5-2 (current Juve formation) used 33 times

GK, CD (Defend) x 3, RWB & LWB (Support), Regista (Support), BWM (Support), CM (Attack), Treq & AF (Attack)

OR a 4-3-3 used 9 times

GK, CD (Defend) x 2, RFB & LFB (Support), BBM & DLP & BWM (Support), Right IF & Left IF (Attack), Target Man

The 3-5-2 took a while to start producing results and scoring goals, but patience payed off. Now 13 points clear in Serie A from 25 games and averaging 1.8 goals per game (was averaging between 1.0 and 1.2 previously) and through to knockout stages of CL by grabbing 16 points and 13 goals in group (I did use 4-3-3 a little more here).

After that, though, you have to pick the right mentalities, team instructions and position-specific instructions, so it's not just the formations that do you wonders.

89man

Sep 4, 2013
I loved the old LMA Manager games.

For me the managers games today feel like an actual real job.
I like depth and realism, but it's just too much now.
I remember spending about 2 hours, and i had maybe just gone through about three days.

Golazo

★ ★ ★
Sep 1, 2011
Is anyone else getting this bug?

I'm suggesting terms to a player to transfer in, have removed all the clauses, they accept initial terms, although the clauses were added back in before I can finalise the offer.

No way around this - highly annoying. I generally don't like clauses in contracts; just flat salaries.

Edit: There is actually a way around. You have to go into View Offer and do it the advanced way rather than directly from your inbox feed.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
I loved the old LMA Manager games.

For me the managers games today feel like an actual real job.
I like depth and realism, but it's just too much now.
I remember spending about 2 hours, and i had maybe just gone through about three days.
There's a "classic" mode now which is a simpler version. Was introduced in FM13. You can get an entire season done in a matter of hours instead of days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)