Football Manager 2014 (6 Viewers)

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Works great for me.
It crashes on 30th september for me, and apparently im not the only one.
Going on vacation didnt help btw. Apparently you have to retire as a manager and then resign back and everything will be fine, but thats just too much. Ill wait for a better version.

Monco, which one are you playing?

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I've just started a carreer and wanted to sell Giovinco, an offer from Monaco comes in, but I can't accept it. The only available option there is in any menu is reject. Why?

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Really ? How are you having this much trouble ? Read this, this should help seeing as it's from one of the engine creators...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/366111-How-to-Play-FM14-A-Twelve-Step-Guide
Well, it's far from just me having this problem. On FM fan forums a lot of longtime players are frustrated. I don't know why there had to be such a drastic change, if this is indeed how it was meant to be.

I've just started a carreer and wanted to sell Giovinco, an offer from Monaco comes in, but I can't accept it. The only available option there is in any menu is reject. Why?
No idea, but a problem I'm having with selling players is that I either get no or ridiculously low offers for pretty much every player I put up for sale. I get joke 1-2m offers for players who are worth 10m+.

Is it true that the sliders are gone??
Yes.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
When I was trying out Juve, I couldn't get any offers for Giovinco even for below his value. In fact, the only player I was successful in selling was Motta.

Pogba whined & put in a transfer request because I wouldn't let him talk to PSG though. This was before I had even played a single match. :sergio:

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
I'll try messing around with roles & see if it makes a difference. Right now the game is just unplayable with my defenders acting the way they are.

Monco

C.R.E.A.M
Mar 27, 2013
It crashes on 30th september for me, and apparently im not the only one.
Going on vacation didnt help btw. Apparently you have to retire as a manager and then resign back and everything will be fine, but thats just too much. Ill wait for a better version.

Monco, which one are you playing?
I was only 2 weeks into the season by then, now that I've advanced further same thing happens for me too. :frown:

When I was trying out Juve, I couldn't get any offers for Giovinco even for below his value. In fact, the only player I was successful in selling was Motta.

Pogba whined & put in a transfer request because I wouldn't let him talk to PSG though. This was before I had even played a single match. :sergio:
I didn't even manage to sell Motta, I got a few loan offers and nothing else.

And exact same situation with Pogba happened to me too - he got mad at me for rejecting PSG's offer, but he's fine now that I've talked to him and told that I'm going to win CL. :D

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
I didn't even manage to sell Motta, I got a few loan offers and nothing else.

And exact same situation with Pogba happened to me too - he got mad at me for rejecting PSG's offer, but he's fine now that I've talked to him and told that I'm going to win CL. :D
I told him something like he could achieve his dreams here, and he wasn't satisfied. I was trying to play him somewhat regularly to make him happier, but I prefer to play 4-2-3-1 most of the time so I was having to rotate him, Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal & Asamoah in two positions. If I go back to this save I might sell one of them (probably Asa).

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
:D Pogba whines everywhere it seems. I convinced him that i could win CL too and he stayed. :D I also coudnt sell Seba and Storari (mutually terminated his contract later on), I sold Motta to Sasuolo for 2.7m, Padoin to Lazio for 1.8m, loaned in Anderson, Van der Wiel, some solid GK and i signed Franco Zuculini for free.

Also PSG keeps sending me ridiculous offers for Barza and Pirlo (1-2-3m :crazy:). Annoying shit.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Also, might be a dumb question, but if you started a save in the beta release, is the save still "stuck" in beta mode (plays like it did then) or does it update to how the full version plays? I've always just started new saves when the full game comes out because I was never sure, I just used the beta to test things.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
I agree with Ragazza - I concede way too many goals.

Regarding selling players - They have somehow made the game impossible to sell anyone with a reasonable price in the first year. Selling players with their value will get easier after the first season played. I've noticed this for the past two versions.

I just started a new game, the starting date on the game is 30th DECEMBER 2012. There are basically no games to play until July 2013 :facepalm2:

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Might actually "instant result" the first season just to get past it if that's the case, I can't really remember it being this hard to sell players in previous versions though. Personally one of my favorite parts of the game is taking an axe to half the squad & rebuilding it into something I like, so this difficulty in selling players is a particular gripe of mine.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Might actually "instant result" the first season just to get past it if that's the case, I can't really remember it being this hard to sell players in previous versions though. Personally one of my favorite parts of the game is taking an axe to half the squad & rebuilding it into something I like, so this difficulty in selling players is a particular gripe of mine.
Always think part of the challenge/fun of the game is to play the first season with pretty much whatever you're given, before building your own team in subsequent years.

I'll have a go a winning playing 3-5-2 with Juve at some point, but there's absolutely no way I'll be playing that system once I start adjusting things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)