Football Manager 2014 (10 Viewers)

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Is anyone else having more difficulty attracting offers for your players than in previous versions? Trying to raise funds is proving to be a pain in the ass.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
How do people play?

i am trying a 352 formation, but are strugling to get my attackers to score.
3-5-2 is seriously overpowered when played right. I'll reveal you a secret :

3 central defenders in line. middle one is ballplaying and cover, the outer ones are regular defenders (barzagli-bonucci-chiellini)
deeplying playmaker in support at the cdm position (pirlo)
2 box to box midfielders in support (vidal&marchisio/pogby)
on the same line as the central midfielders, place the wingers. defensive wingers with attack duty
1 advanced playmaker in the trequartista position
1 poacher in the forwards position

short passingstyle, diciplined freedom, pressing, aggressive tackling, man marking, normal defensive line, wide width (first click that says wide imo), and normal tempo

In every game, make your defensive wingers man mark the opponents wide players. if its rm/lm or rw/lw, use tight marking, if he has wingbacks or fullbacks and no wingers, use no tight marking.

Important. as shouts, go for :
-pass into space
-play trough defence
-work ball into box
- retain possession
-exploit the flanks

basically, this formation will have 2 defensive layers, and ALOT of duels wich you excell at. in possession, the defensive wingers will pace down the flank in the space behind opponent wingers.
Against double wings, focus passing trough the middle

Extremely important for this formation, is players who have very high teamwork and workrate.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
I'm getting a lot out of Llorente playing 4-2-3-1. In my first match he should have had a hat trick but his third goal was disallowed.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Oh yeah, PSG inquired about Pogba & I said he wasn't for sale, then he got pissed at me for not letting him hold talks. Then Tevez got pissed at me, because I gave him a warning after he got a straight red for a two-footed tackle in the first match of the season.

Half the team hates me. :D

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
3-5-2 is seriously overpowered when played right. I'll reveal you a secret :

3 central defenders in line. middle one is ballplaying and cover, the outer ones are regular defenders (barzagli-bonucci-chiellini)
deeplying playmaker in support at the cdm position (pirlo)
2 box to box midfielders in support (vidal&marchisio/pogby)
on the same line as the central midfielders, place the wingers. defensive wingers with attack duty
1 advanced playmaker in the trequartista position
1 poacher in the forwards position

short passingstyle, diciplined freedom, pressing, aggressive tackling, man marking, normal defensive line, wide width (first click that says wide imo), and normal tempo

In every game, make your defensive wingers man mark the opponents wide players. if its rm/lm or rw/lw, use tight marking, if he has wingbacks or fullbacks and no wingers, use no tight marking.

Important. as shouts, go for :
-pass into space
-play trough defence
-work ball into box
- retain possession
-exploit the flanks

basically, this formation will have 2 defensive layers, and ALOT of duels wich you excell at. in possession, the defensive wingers will pace down the flank in the space behind opponent wingers.
Against double wings, focus passing trough the middle

Extremely important for this formation, is players who have very high teamwork and workrate.
only true dadical experds play FM. I bet Conte is brushing up on his dadics skills before the game on FM.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
only true tactical experts play FM. I bet Conte is brushing up on his tactic skills before the game on FM.
I like management and progression based things. I also like football. So why not both ?

Played like ~450 houres during the summer.

Aint got to many time for it now, managing three projectgroeps in my masters year. (big group work, gotto love it)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i have only played up to fm2011

one thing i wanted to know was anyoen ever able to win an appeal for a red card? somehow in that game you never win appeals

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Cant bt mad about them refs, cause they are allways right
Cant appeal a ban cause its allways gonna be extended

Whats this shit

its like the fifa series, where the L2 tackle and schwalbe got removed.
If i wanna fucking simulate a foul while risking a yellow card, when i want to do a redcard tackle, then i bloody well should be able to

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
I used to always complain about the ref every time there was a controversial penalty or red card against my side, even when it was blatantly deserved. I would serve so many touchline bans. :D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
First FM I've played in a few years.

Just messing around having a look at stuff just now.

Won't get into a proper game until the full version is out and I can attack it with the editor.

Signed Nainggolan for Juve on co-ownership for 4m as my first move.

Not too shabby.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
First FM I've played in a few years.

Just messing around having a look at stuff just now.

Won't get into a proper game until the full version is out and I can attack it with the editor.

Signed Nainggolan for Juve on co-ownership for 4m as my move.

Not too shabby.
are you playing a demo/beta?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)