Football Manager 2014 (8 Viewers)

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Please post some pictures or give us an update on some players, very interested how good Pogba is in FM 14, he was ok in fm 13 but should have been alot better IMO

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Here you go guys:

http://imgur.com/a/Iyqa1/layout/blog

To view them in full res; download album or use the cogwheel in the top right corner of the images.

- - - Updated - - -

Messi is a bit to good if you ask me. Only 2 players have 20 in finishing. Him and Cavani.

He is also the only one with 20 in dribbling along with Robben.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
How do you check who has the highest potential, without genie scout?
I'm not referring to the -10 or -9 PA you can check with genie. I don't know if its possible to check that in the beta.

If you scout players with a scout who has 19-20 in potential judgement, you can then do a search on Potential Ability and see who got the highest rating. Pogba has 5 out of 5 and I believe they only give that to -9 and -10 PA only... I can be mistaken with the details, but Pogba gets 5/5 from all my good scouts and he only has 3/5 in current potential. With his current stats and 2 stars to grow, he will be a beast in FM14.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
My dinosaur laptop trying to run this game is pretty comical. It took five tries to launch it. :lol: Might give up eventually & use my "better" laptop even though that one has a cracked screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Started a save as Inter, and apparently we've learned to clone one of our youth players. There are two of the exact same kid in the game. So that's where all the new investment is going...

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Well the kid's full name is Senna Malik Miangue. In the game, there is a Senna Malik & a Senna Miangue. Both have potential 4.5/5. :D

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Nice. Can't wait to get it.

So how does the "regista" role differ from "deep lying playmaker" in this one ?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
According to the in game description it appears to be just like the DLP except with no defensive responsibilities, i guess for use against weak opposition when you are dominating possession or in case you partner him with another DM.

I tried using Pirlo for that role in pre-season but switched him back to a DLP shortly after is it really offset the balance and posession stats of my team, even when playing against my own primavera.

I'm not entirely sure i like the new team setup and player instructions interfaces in this game. They've made it simpler, with less (even if previously they were sometimes conflicting) options and although it may be more user friendly you have a lot less control over your team. In FM 13 you could lose to your own youth team or beat Barcelona depending upon tactical setup and tweaks, in this version i feel much less obligated to change tactics depending upon opponent and can just casually field the same lineup week after week. It's kind of disappointing how easy a time i've had just integrating the same formation and basic tactics from last year to just dominate Serie A again.

Maybe i just need to try managing someone other than Juve but i had hoped that the tactical interface would have become more indepth and provided some new challenge but instead i have found the opposite so far.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
So I'm trying a Juve save too, so I can see how I compare to the rest of you. Never really done two saves at the same time before (I usually do one until I get bored, then start a new one), so I'll see how I do.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Sweet! Alright, I got it as well but they still need to fix some bugs and what not however, I wanted us to try something out.

I've been looking for a way that resembles Conte's tactics the past 2 years. It's not very rigid or rigid, so it must be either Balanced, Fluid, or Very Fluid. Regarding Very Fluid, it's definitely not expressive. Could it be balanced and expressive ? I also think if it was Fluid, it would not be expressive as well seeing as how we don't play like Barca. What are people's thoughts on it ? After experimenting with it a lot, I have really come down to the conclusion that Conte plays a Balanced Expressive game, sometimes default which is not expressive and not disciplined and on control most of the time. It's those one-twos up front in the final third in FM that I want to see that resemble Juve in real life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)