Football Manager 2012 (30 Viewers)

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
No idea sorry, but if you figure out the install path and how to edit xml files in mac (like notepad in windows) then you can change the paths in the xml file yourself

soulslider

Rregula sound
May 16, 2006
The game seems too easy so far , hope i don't jinx myself now :D . Playing with Juve , 4-3-3 formation , 11 games played 10 wins and a draw , 32-6 goal difference , Matri is sick , 11 games 12 goals.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Honda is a good signing too, but I still prefer Kagawa. He really is amazing and free, so I suggest you get them both. :D

My starting lineup after 3rd season:
Where is the soul? Only one italian in the team! I want to keep as many Juve IRL players in my team as long as possible (with some exceptions ofc). But since you're a couple of years down the line you obviously had to replace Pirlo, DP and so on. I usually try to get as many italians in the team as possible while still remaining competitive. For example there always has to be at least five italians in the starting eleven each game. And the further into game I get the more italians I keep in the eleven. A rule of thumb is to always replace an italian with another one. Right now I'm preparing for Pirlo's departure and making sure Bertulacci (or however he spells) will be up for it when it's time. And no I'm actually not flaming even though it might sound like I am. :D

Happy to see Branescu! How is Branescu doing? I'm in my second season and have high hopes about him but don't know what to do. The coaches seem to adore him so I suspected he had to become classy and now seeing you work him in your first team I guess he has to turn out golden! Did you loan him out or what did you do to develop him?

Classy team btw, I'm drewling all over Hummels. Another question; Are you able to have any possession? Since you only have one supportive player I assume you score most of your goals through fast attacks? I'm trying to understand how the game works and when I play I have to have at least two midfielders/forwards in supportive role to be able to have the amount of possession I want (I ofc have to play short passing game and keep the team narrow and not to "long". How's your experience of this?

mfdoom

Dec 18, 2010
Wow! Nice going Fiorentina. :D What happened there?
:D they got raped hard! IDK how but they were terrible.Genoa on the other hand beat me twice.I became champion in April and then i had like 3 consecutive losses and a draw.

btw Merda scored 3 back for 3-2 loss in the cup.I'll have nightmares about this for a loooong time.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
:D they got raped hard! IDK how but they were terrible.Genoa on the other hand beat me twice.I became champion in April and then i had like 3 consecutive losses and a draw.

btw Merda scored 3 back for 3-2 loss in the cup.I'll have nightmares about this for a loooong time.
:D Next year you'll receive your revenge. I danced around like a puppy yesterday when I beat them 3-1 away.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
BTW, when is Kagawa free? Because I always start the game with the transfer window closed, so I can only buy in january. I'll buy Tevez and Honda probably, so Kagawa would have to wait for the start of the second season.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I actually bought back Ekdal, he really has some nice attributes but I've only played a few games in the second season so can't say if he will perform or not. Has anyone else used him? I wanted to buy back Gio as well but the board denied me due to new ownership and once that was completed Parma denied every single bid I made.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Where is the soul? Only one italian in the team! I want to keep as many Juve IRL players in my team as long as possible (with some exceptions ofc). But since you're a couple of years down the line you obviously had to replace Pirlo, DP and so on. I usually try to get as many italians in the team as possible while still remaining competitive. For example there always has to be at least five italians in the starting eleven each game. And the further into game I get the more italians I keep in the eleven. A rule of thumb is to always replace an italian with another one. Right now I'm preparing for Pirlo's departure and making sure Bertulacci (or however he spells) will be up for it when it's time. And no I'm actually not flaming even though it might sound like I am. :D

Happy to see Branescu! How is Branescu doing? I'm in my second season and have high hopes about him but don't know what to do. The coaches seem to adore him so I suspected he had to become classy and now seeing you work him in your first team I guess he has to turn out golden! Did you loan him out or what did you do to develop him?

Classy team btw, I'm drewling all over Hummels. Another question; Are you able to have any possession? Since you only have one supportive player I assume you score most of your goals through fast attacks? I'm trying to understand how the game works and when I play I have to have at least two midfielders/forwards in supportive role to be able to have the amount of possession I want (I ofc have to play short passing game and keep the team narrow and not to "long". How's your experience of this?
Yeah, I also think its more realistic to have some italians in the tream, although for me they are usually subs :D

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
It's becoming harder and harder each year remaining competitive with only italians. So on that point I have to agree. But that is always my main target because I love it when the national coach picks his team consisting almost only of Juve players. Especially if they triumph. :p

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
BTW, when is Kagawa free? Because I always start the game with the transfer window closed, so I can only buy in january. I'll buy Tevez and Honda probably, so Kagawa would have to wait for the start of the second season.
Someone mentioned earlier in that thread that he was free in 2014? :boh:

dodo

The Recruiter
Apr 25, 2011
Where is the soul? Only one italian in the team!
Del Piero, Pirlo and Buffon all retired and are part of my coaching staff now. There were no young Italians in my game with good to great potential (balotelli and rossi weren't interested in Juve), so I rather sign potential world-class foreigners instead of mediocre Italians. :D

Branescu is potentially one of the best young GK's, but he spend his first 3 years in the U20 squad in my game because of Buffon so his development kind of stalled a bit. His determination makes sure he'll reach a good level though, so I would definitely keep him around.

And for tactics, Gagi is your man. :D Me, I just field quick and creative players, set it to very fluid and attacking/overloading and hope for the best. It's working great so far, I score a lot of goals and even my CBs (Chiellini, Hummels) score 8-10 every season. I also concede way too many, but my philosophy is "it doesn't matter how many goals you concede, as long as you score more", so scores like these are not rare for me:

dodo

The Recruiter
Apr 25, 2011
Kagawa is free after 2 seasons, so in the summer of 2013.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)