Football Manager 2006 (SIGames) (10 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
Something I don't get is how SIGames sees the need to tweak their match engine so much...granted the last one wasn't perfect but it was great all the same, everything else had noticeable room for improvement but as far as the match engine is concerned don't fix it if it ain't broke, I say.
Agreed. I was excited about having the new features like the team talks, in depth position charts and other things, but not at the expense of the match engine. It was very good in FM2005, now it's quite crappy from what I hear in FM2006. It's very difficult to get a good run of form going unless you're coaching a big team and the players don't follow instructions as they should. The AI players seem to be much more responsive than ours.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Agreed. I was excited about having the new features like the team talks, in depth position charts and other things, but not at the expense of the match engine. It was very good in FM2005, now it's quite crappy from what I hear in FM2006. It's very difficult to get a good run of form going unless you're coaching a big team and the players don't follow instructions as they should. The AI players seem to be much more responsive than ours.
You should stop listening to others nag about it, and get a copy for yourself. It IS better than FM2005.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm speaking about the match engine in particular and I will get a copy but I'm probably going to have to wait til Christmas. My current computer is too slow to run Fm2006 effectively so I'm going to wait until I get my new comp which will hopefully be in December.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
I'm speaking about the match engine in particular and I will get a copy but I'm probably going to have to wait til Christmas. My current computer is too slow to run Fm2006 effectively so I'm going to wait until I get my new comp which will hopefully be in December.

actually this game runs much faster than 2005

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

actually this game runs much faster than 2005
Really? I didn't think that would be the case as it is larger in size and Windows XP is recommended but my comp is Windows 98.

@edpiero: thanks.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by edpiero ] ++
Can't bother to play until a new patch comes which fixes the game engine
Yeah, I'm not going to bother to DL it until I hear that there is a patch that fixes that match engine and actually makes the tactical aspect of the game more enjoyable and realistic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)