Football Focus (1 Viewer)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
ok, here's the plan..all of us dwibs ;) who dont know some things about anything related to football can post it here, and hopefully all the wise fellos here like Ian, Paul, dennis, DPA etc, and even sometimes other people can help by answering...

e.g

(somebody asks) Q: why do teams have bla bla blas?
(somebody answers) A: because bla bla blas help teams score goals...

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2
    ok, first question

why do plaayers always play gr8 one season, and play like shite during the next? (mendieta, farinos etc)

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    do i ever?

i was giving an example of a question, so ppl will know what i mean ;)

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by laresca ] ++
    why do british players(apart from liam brady, praise be to his name) do so bad in serie a??
    I think it has much to do with the fact that the pace is different and ball control and skill are not really an essential part of the English game more of pace and stamina, Brady had both skill and ball control, Gazza would have thrived but injuries and wrong attitude let him down

But again the Spanish and to a lesser extent the dutch have not thrived that well in Italian football save for a few players mainly becos in England, Spain and Holland, the emphasis is on attack while in Italy its on defence

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    I agree with Denco here. Also the reason why many Dutch forwards didn't succeed in Italy (Kluivert being the most obvious example) apart from the really good like Van Basten is again that defending.

In Holland you can afford to miss some chances per match because there will be tonnes of others, in Italy you can't do that with those airtight defences!

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by [DJ Juve] ] ++
    ok, first question

why do plaayers always play gr8 one season, and play like shite during the next? (mendieta, farinos etc)
    I am not sure players always play gr8 , one season and shite the next

Some players just hit gr8 form for no reason whatsoever but disappear afterwards and like they say form is temp while class is permanent and if Mendietta (who is class btw ) does not recover hthen something is wrong. Call me cynical or whatever but there are some players who have a magnificent season then just go back to being their normal average selves, those ones, I am afraid, doping cannot be ruled out

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    One thing I have noticed about most Italian managers is the way they like their midfield to be

A lot of workhorses, not too much technique in the midfield and they really do not like the playmaker with guile

Capello told us for 2 years that he was getting the best player in the world and that was Emerson, imagine my surprise when i found out he was just a workhorse, yes he has technique but you won't find too many Spanish or Dutch managers going after him, then he almost bust a lung going after Davids. Look at the way he is treating a cultured midfilder like Guardiola

Lippi is very happy with "dogs of war" approach to midfield with runners like Nedved, Conte, Davids, Baiocco etc

Trapatoni will play what I refer to" braces and belt "approach playing 2 ball winners, when only 1 can do the job adequately

They feel having a so called world class striker and good defenders is enough to win matches

At least Ancelotti is changing

If you look at the midfielders in Italy nowadays from Stanklovic to Perotta , they are all mostly workhorses with a bit of skill but an Aimar, Ronandinho or Roman is hard to find

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    i think it's slowly changing...i saw an interview of Thuram and he said that teams are now trying attck more and win games, cause they know that you cant defend anymore, especially in the CL..

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    I have a question

Can someone explain me the rule of offside which raul goal was disallowed? it's not the regular offside, it's something complicated and i want to know about it!

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Oded ] ++
    oops, against Milan. I forgot!
    I did not actually see that game but my friend told me that the goal was unjustly ruled out

As for offside rule, I am not sure if anyone actually knows what it is really, it is meant to be that you should not be alone with the goal keeper otherwise you are off

b) if you are behind the goal keeper ie if the goal keeper is not in the post for whateever reason then there should be 2 players not one between you and the post otherwise you ought to be offside

c) if the opposition is the last to touch the ball ie if the ball hits a defender by mistake and comes to you and you are in an offside position, because it did not come off your team mate, then you are onside

d)when it comes to passive offside ie you are not interfering with play then I am sorry nobody has a clue as to whats going on, as you could be offside initially when the move started but were not interferring with play, then they could then cross to u and then you score and all of a sudden you become onside

e) As long as you are behind the ball when it is crossed to you then you are onside, if your team mate beats the offside trap

Comprende?:D

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

b) if you are behind the goal keeper ie if the goal keeper is not in the post for whateever reason then there should be 2 players not one between you and the post otherwise you ought to be offside
    thanks denco. i think that was the situation there. quite complicated :yawn: can't blame the linesman

c) if the opposition is the last to touch the ball ie if the ball hits a defender by mistake and comes to you and you are in an offside position, because it did not come off your team mate, then you are onside
    i understand. like maakay goal against austria and Mijatovic goal against us :fero

d)when it comes to passive offside ie you are not interfering with play then I am sorry nobody has a clue as to whats going on, as you could be offside initially when the move started but were not interferring with play, then they could then cross to u and then you score and all of a sudden you become onside
    yes we have a clue. all the thing that matter here is the beginning of the move: if the player is offside but he is passive then even if he gets the ball later he won't be offside. UNLESS he's offside in the beginning and the ball hit the post and he takes the rebound, or he takes the rebound from the keeper save. in that case he's offside

e) As long as you are behind the ball when it is crossed to you then you are onside, if your team mate beats the offside trap
    you mean vieri goal against Croatia which was unjustly disallowed?

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    I think this thread will probably have the most meaningful and fulfilling posts in the entire forums if kept ON TOPIC...cheers to DJ.

and staying on topic, DJ im offended because u didnt mention my name among the wise fellows. do u think im a dumb fellow??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)