Football Boots! (3 Viewers)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -CSD- ] ++
how much are you gonna spend on the Nikes?
and i think it will get stained, but im not sure (mine werent white)..my did get stained.
damn! :groan:

I'm gonna spend around $170.00 i guess.....
i've been thinking... these vapors have been out for quite a while now... i might just wait for the new Pred Pulse comming out in April or maybe even wait for Vapor II if there is gonna be one.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
BTW, if you know anyone who sells BRAND NEW size 10 "Adidas 98 Predator Acceelrator," please let me know. I'm willing to pay $150.00 for it.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
which one is that Majed? gimme a pic, i'll try to get some stuff for you
is it this one? (see attachment

++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

damn! :groan:

I'm gonna spend around $170.00 i guess.....
i've been thinking... these vapors have been out for quite a while now... i might just wait for the new Pred Pulse comming out in April or maybe even wait for Vapor II if there is gonna be one.

170?!?! 170USD?

You're a right defender right?

:confused:

okay you're a rightback right? if i wez you, i would go for something more durable, sacrificing the lightness of Vapor. Go for something that's gonna last for long and is comfortable.

If i wez you, go for one of the Adidas Pred (the one Zizou stil uses :thumb: ) or the Diadora Attiva (there's black or white versions)

or you could get the Lotto Zhero which is almost as light as Vapor (or the 'bulky' Lotto Vento)

PS, dont go for something flashy tho, people will think of you as a poser or something, unless you're the one of the best in your area ;)

OP
MCPIERO

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #44
    Majed 100% True:D about the preds, they should remake them IMO. Ur willing to pay a lot for them innit, its a shame that they are so rare. Last time I saw a pair was in footlocker and it was size 13 shocking banana colour:D Why dont you ask adidas to send you a pair.

CSD the white Umbro boots look sweet, Abit too English for me tough.
    De Pedro wears the Vento and Cafu.

Mizuno Wave Cup Rivaldo md. They only wiegh 200g.
    They say Nike boots make you slighty faster. Del Piero switch while you still can.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -CSD- ] ++

170?!?! 170USD?

You're a right defender right?
    :confused:
    Actually I play different positions with different teams. i play CB, LB, and Left-sided support striker. Some people say i should only be a defender because i excell there and others say that i should play support striker (a-la Del Piero) because of my dribbing technique and positioning.... so i play both :p

okay you're a rightback right? if i wez you, i would go for something more durable, sacrificing the lightness of Vapor. Go for something that's gonna last for long and is comfortable.
    since i do play defense and LB a lot, i think you have a good point here about durability.

If i wez you, go for one of the Adidas Pred (the one Zizou stil uses :thumb: ) or the Diadora Attiva (there's black or white versions)

or you could get the Lotto Zhero which is almost as light as Vapor (or the 'bulky' Lotto Vento)
    I've had great experience with Predators :thumb: so i'll never rule them outo when shopping for boots. but it bothers me that Adidas's bases are becoming wider. as i mentioned a few times now, I have a very narrow-long foot, so that's the reason why i'm considering nike vapor (+ it looks kewl :cool:)

PS, dont go for something flashy tho, people will think of you as a poser or something, unless you're the one of the best in your area ;)
    I already have the Red Predator Mania, and i dont think you can get any flashier than that :p :D (except maybe that Fila Hippie Ranbow poor crap)

i dont really intend to pose, the most important thing for me is the quality, looks come next.
    I've always though Nike's looked the best and Adidas was just a bunch of colors, but i've always bought adidas because they are the best.

which one is that Majed? gimme a pic, i'll try to get some stuff for you
    is it this one? (see attachment)
    This should help your search: :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    It pisses me off that boots (and balls just as much) are ridiculously overpriced. If one pair is worth $70, there's no way another is worth over 3 times that amount. Walking in the store today, I saw one pair that was in the price range I would consider, that being ~$70, any more I think is a waste of money. The top Adidas models are always priced at $220 and up, I'll never believe they are worth that much more.

Though it feels like it's just Norway that lacks the products in the acceptable price range, I try to find something at around $70 and maybe I find one pair. In Rome I got mine for that money and I just can't imagine how the pair that costs $220 here is a lot better. But it's either going for the cheap stuff ~$45+ that aren't that good, not too comfortable or the top shelf, there's so little in between.

And and looking for a new ball I can't find anything. Last year I got one for $45 and it's considerably worn, hardly a solid product but it's great to play with. Today I see one that looks durable, Adidas CL standard I think it was, for $130 :rolleyes:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    It pisses me off that boots (and balls just as much) are ridiculously overpriced. If one pair is worth $70, there's no way another is worth over 3 times that amount. Walking in the store today, I saw one pair that was in the price range I would consider, that being ~$70, any more I think is a waste of money. The top Adidas models are always priced at $220 and up, I'll never believe they are worth that much more.

Though it feels like it's just Norway that lacks the products in the acceptable price range, I try to find something at around $70 and maybe I find one pair. In Rome I got mine for that money and I just can't imagine how the pair that costs $220 here is a lot better. But it's either going for the cheap stuff ~$45+ that aren't that good, not too comfortable or the top shelf, there's so little in between.

And and looking for a new ball I can't find anything. Last year I got one for $45 and it's considerably worn, hardly a solid product but it's great to play with. Today I see one that looks durable, Adidas CL standard I think it was, for $130 :rolleyes:
    yeah.... i admit prices are going way up.... but companies know an important thing and they take full advantage of it: That there are freaks (like me :D ) who are willing to pay that much.
    just as you would pay so much more just for an extra 256mb of memory in a PC as well Martin, wouldn't you? ;)

There are pretty good balls at less prices.
    my fav footballs are Mitre. they're pretty durable (1 year in rocky and sandy fields and in the desert in extremely hot conditions) and not expensive relative to nike and adidas.

You're right about the boots though. there aren't many shoes in the in-between range. The Adidas manic are your best option at around $89.99. They are just as good as the $200 Mania, except the leather isn't Kangaroo, there's no plastic heel shell, and the base isn't as flexible. That's it! all stitching, desgin, stud configuration, and sole are the same.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    yeah.... i admit prices are going way up.... but companies know an important thing and they take full advantage of it: That there are freaks (like me :D ) who are willing to pay that much.
    just as you would pay so much more just for an extra 256mb of memory in a PC as well Martin, wouldn't you? ;)

my fav footballs are Mitre. they're pretty durable (1 year in rocky and sandy fields and in the desert in extremely hot conditions) and not expensive relative to nike and adidas.

You're right about the boots though. there aren't many shoes in the in-between range. The Adidas manic are your best option at around $89.99. They are just as good as the $200 Mania, except the leather isn't Kangaroo, there's no plastic heel shell, and the base isn't as flexible. That's it! all stitching, desgin, stud configuration, and sole are the same.
    No, I wouldn't. :)

Are they soft though? I love soft balls :) But just the fact that they would be offered in this country would probably elevate the price to match all the others.

Mine are Kangoo [I was told]. And I'm not looking right now but I'll probably have to get my next pair abroad again.

You know with every new pair I get, I learn something new, every pair is different and they all force me into changing my habits in some ways, my Adidas boots are soft, ball handling has gotten a lot easier now. I still remember one of the first, Adidas Copa Mundial, those were really awesome, esp for target practice.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Are they soft though? I love soft balls :) But just the fact that they would be offered in this country would probably elevate the price to match all the others.
    yeah, they are pretty soft. :)
    great for Freekkick too :cool:

Mine are Kangoo [I was told]. And I'm not looking right now but I'll probably have to get my next pair abroad again.

You know with every new pair I get, I learn something new, every pair is different and they all force me into changing my habits in some ways, my Adidas boots are soft, ball handling has gotten a lot easier now. I still remember one of the first, Adidas Copa Mundial, those were really awesome, esp for target practice.
    Nope, i'm pretty sure the Manics aren't K-leather, but they are Leather. :)

I'm also surprised you said $220 for preds!!
    They are about $200 here in the US, but you can get them for $150.00 in some places (not including tax of course :groan: )
    they are a bit cheaper in Saudi Arabia too.

I agree with the playing style. People say that the type doesn't make much different but i think it does. With My preds, I can Curl the ball really well for FKs and Corner Ks and they Preds are very stable for driblling and side-steps.

Alghough i havn't played with the nike vapor, but when i wore them, they really arch your foot and it seems better to run forward with( dont know about being faster, but i think it doesn give a better acceleration). the down side is the Narrow base which makes side-steps tougher.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I didn't say what model I have and I don't even know either. *checking* The only thing I can see is "Traxion" on the bottom.

I can't tell based on how the shoes look, I have to try them.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

I can't tell based on how the shoes look, I have to try them.
    i did try the vapors on and i ran around at the store before i bought my Red Preds :D

the only thing you can tell from shoes before wearing them is the thickness and the weight. you pretty much have a General idea about how they'll perform :)

gray

Apr 22, 2003

That there are freaks (like me :D ) who are willing to pay that much.
    That's different though, with that extra RAM, u can be sure that you'll get 256Mb more memory for your comp, whereas with footy boots, there's no definitive stat. that assures you that one pair is worth $200 more than another...

I love soft balls :)
    I shan't bother with this cheap shot ;)

The Fevernova is soft...actually, way too soft. I bought it at a good price long before its World Cup fame.

One of my favourite balls is the Adidas Gamarada, it's very soft, but not so soft that it rises like a mofo every time u try to kick it...

Kangoo
    :fero:

OP
    MCPIERO

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #53
    The Adidas World Cup 2002 ball is crap. No one liked it, including Vieri. The best is the Nike ones. The one they use in England. It sticks to your feet, real nice to control. I agree about the overpriced boots. They know if a kids fav player is Henry, Becks or DP then they want to have their boots. Thats why adidas make downgraded versions for people like me who will never pay £130 for a pair of boots.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    I shan't bother with this cheap shot ;)
    Praise the lord!

++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    :fero:
    What? :confused:

++ [ originally posted by MCPIERO ] ++
    The Adidas World Cup 2002 ball is crap. No one liked it, including Vieri.
    I was impressed with both the Tricolore and the Euro2k Silverstream, those were both great innovations. But the 02 ball was utter crap, the soft surface was gone and it looked butt ugly on top of that.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Uh-huh...

I don't care though, it might as well be latex as long as it gets the job done. Using animals for medical research or food makes a lot more sense to me than using them for clothing anyway, hardly a life critical factor.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    :wallbang: you're still not getting it...

i was just pointing out a typo :p

Kangaroos are considered to be pests, and heaps of them get shot by farmers.

OP
    MCPIERO

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #59
    Ive got the Nike Talaria Ice (1st pic) they look amazing. I have to wear the right socks though otherwise my heel aches. They are very light and I think I'll enjoy running with them outpacing everyrone with my lightning speed:cool: They are long and narrow, Majed feet :D very different to adidas. I just gotta wait till the sun comes out, aint no way Im getting these muddy. peace!

I hope adidas dont make a new ball for Euro 2004!

Ale10

Jun 18, 2003
    Here's the new Adidas Predator Pulse:

Adidas make the best shoes IMO, but over the years they've become less narrow, so i dont think i'll get them.
    Where did you find those pictures of the Predator pulse and the new Total 90's?

My friend has those has Vapor's but in Chrome-they look very nice and are incredibly light. He hasn't had them long so I'm not sure about the durability of them. They are really easy to clean though because of the material.
    I'm hoping to get some F-50's soon if I can find somewhere that has them in stock :down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)