[FML] Serie A 2009/2010 (10 Viewers)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I'd trade Amauri for Wenger in a heart beat.Would nice to see some decent passing & the team actually dictating the tempo of the game.
I'd trade the whole management + half of the club's income every year for Wenger But that would never happen. Wenger would probably die while in he's job at arsenal, thats the last place he'd be at for sure.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'm interested to know why you wouldn't want him.
I was talking in terms of the proposed swap deal Amauri for Eduardo+Ramsey.

Ramsey is an 18 year old with only 18 matches played in EPL. Personally I can't judge his potential. Right now all I can say that he might become a great player, an ok player, or completely disappear from the top football scene in the future.
I can't put a price on him. He's a huge unknown and huge risk.

In the end, it might turn out to be a jack pot or a simple Amauri for Eduardo swap deal if Ramsey won't develop.
I love Eduardo and all, but after the horror injury, I wouldn't pay anything for him, even less give a player who, if he finds his form, which is a solid possibility, we could sell for 15m eur or so.

Now, if experts, not amateurs like me (and IZ :) ) follow Ramsey and think that he is a boy who will almost surely become a very good player, then yes, I will trust them and give thumbs up for the proposed swap deal.
Until then, I wouldn't give up on Amauri yet for Eduardo+Ramsey.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I'm not saying he is a sure thing, but Arsenal have or had lots of overhyped and over promoted players (in different degrees, or used to be and found out) just because they happen to have been discovered by Wenger (Djourou, Song, Diaby, Denilson, Walcott, Vela, Bendtner etc) , but IMO from what I seen Ramsey is an exception. Still very young, but he is an obvious genuine talent for me. Defenitely think he will reach a quite good steady level in his career.

The problem in that hypothetical equation is Eduardo, like his finishing, but even before the injury, I wasnt sure on him, got bigged up too soon before proving himself (he hadnt done anything most of his tenure before ze injury), but since the injury, he has jus been meh.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I agree to a point, he has talent (slick) but he has done NOTHING yet in his senior career, few goals in Curling cup, and I see Arse fans comparing him to Aguero (Fred knows :D).

Mainly mentionned him, because despite the talent, he has been a non entity for Arsenal in general in most of his chances, gets losts when player central attack, and too predictable when playing on the wings. He has not taken the opportunities given to him.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I was talking in terms of the proposed swap deal Amauri for Eduardo+Ramsey.

Ramsey is an 18 year old with only 18 matches played in EPL. Personally I can't judge his potential. Right now all I can say that he might become a great player, an ok player, or completely disappear from the top football scene in the future.
I can't put a price on him. He's a huge unknown and huge risk.

In the end, it might turn out to be a jack pot or a simple Amauri for Eduardo swap deal if Ramsey won't develop.
I love Eduardo and all, but after the horror injury, I wouldn't pay anything for him, even less give a player who, if he finds his form, which is a solid possibility, we could sell for 15m eur or so.

Now, if experts, not amateurs like me (and IZ :) ) follow Ramsey and think that he is a boy who will almost surely become a very good player, then yes, I will trust them and give thumbs up for the proposed swap deal.
Until then, I wouldn't give up on Amauri yet for Eduardo+Ramsey.
I asked you that because i thought you had an opinion about the boy, that you didn't really rate him.

You see, most people who watch and follow Arsenal, whether Arsenal fans or just generally EPL followers, most of them rate Ramsey very highly. Osman here is a prime example of a neutral that rates him highly. I personally cannot see whats so special about him and i do not rate him that highly. I don't think he is exceptionally talented, i do not think that he is that good technically, he isn't special passer.

He's got a strong shot and is rather strong physically, also for a kid his age, he plays with a lot of confidence. But i just don't see the potential to be a top player, imo and this may be a bit premature and hence harsh on the kid, but imo he is a little over-hyped.

I always thought Walcott was over-hyped and was never going to be the "new Henry" like people proclaimed he will be, and i was right. I think the same of Ramsey.

I'm not saying he is a sure thing, but Arsenal have or had lots of overhyped and over promoted players (in different degrees, or used to be and found out) just because they happen to have been discovered by Wenger (Djourou, Song, Diaby, Denilson, Walcott, Vela, Bendtner etc) , but IMO from what I seen Ramsey is an exception. Still very young, but he is an obvious genuine talent for me. Defenitely think he will reach a quite good steady level in his career.

The problem in that hypothetical equation is Eduardo, like his finishing, but even before the injury, I wasnt sure on him, got bigged up too soon before proving himself (he hadnt done anything most of his tenure before ze injury), but since the injury, he has jus been meh.
Eduardo before his injury formed a very good partnership with Adebayor. He gave us a great two months up until mid February, and he looked like he could be the real deal. I for one, thought he would turn out to be a top player for us. He was so cool in front of goal, he had good off the ball movement and he looked like our most natural finisher.

But after returning from his injury he's never been the same. I'm not sure if its a confidence issue or not, but he has regressed a lot after his injury.

I agree to a point, he has talent (slick) but he has done NOTHING yet in his senior career, few goals in Curling cup, and I see Arse fans comparing him to Aguero (Fred knows :D).

Mainly mentionned him, because despite the talent, he has been a non entity for Arsenal in general in most of his chances, gets losts when player central attack, and too predictable when playing on the wings. He has not taken the opportunities given to him.

Ya, I've been called a cynic too many times over there because i try to bring a little perspective where theres a lot of overhyping for our youngsters.

Mainly because of Wengers success stories in turning young talents to world class footballers.

Vela i think is a very good player, but he hasn't really shown that yet for us(The Carling Cup doesn't count). I think the physical nature of the EPL does not fit him as he isn't able to play his game properly and doesn't seem to fancy the overly physical style of EPL defenders. He needs to toughen up and get some work done in the gym if he were to adapt.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
nice snippet from goal.fuck...an article about player;'s jobs before they went pro:

Moreno Torricelli - Factory Carpenter

Opportunity knocked for the factory carpenter when he stood out for amateur side Caratese in a pre-season friendly against Juventus in the summer of 1992.

The Bianconeri's then-coach Giovanni Trapattoni loved his endeavour and shelled out 20 million lira to bring him to Turin. A year later he was playing alongside Roberto Baggio when the Old Lady thumped Borussia Dortmund to win the UEFA Cup. Not a frequent goalscorer with Juve as he was more fond of the woodwork.

great story, eh? :heart:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
nice snippet from goal.fuck...an article about player;'s jobs before they went pro:

Moreno Torricelli - Factory Carpenter

Opportunity knocked for the factory carpenter when he stood out for amateur side Caratese in a pre-season friendly against Juventus in the summer of 1992.

The Bianconeri's then-coach Giovanni Trapattoni loved his endeavour and shelled out 20 million lira to bring him to Turin. A year later he was playing alongside Roberto Baggio when the Old Lady thumped Borussia Dortmund to win the UEFA Cup. Not a frequent goalscorer with Juve as he was more fond of the woodwork.

great story, eh? :heart:
It said Fergie used to be a chef, and Mourinho was a teacher

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)