Flamini (38 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
i have this strange feeling that we have missed out on Flamini and he is going to Milan.

Juventus are starting to play down the chances of getting him and now Ancellotti says how good a signing he will be

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
let's not forget that someone who earns somewhat below 4 mio a year brings tensions into the team. We are not known for paying that much and i don't think we should start that with flamini.
If we pay him 4 mio, we'll have to pay everyone something like that (there's no way camo, dp, chiellini, sissoko, ... should earn less than him)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Aquilani has played more games than Camoranesi this season.

My point is that he is way to injury prone. And considering the money we would have to spend on him + his importance to the midfield, it would put us in a tight position whn a player that is important is misssing alot.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
i have this strange feeling that we have missed out on Flamini and he is going to Milan.

Juventus are starting to play down the chances of getting him and now Ancellotti says how good a signing he will be
They have offered more cash than us, so he probably will go to Milan.

great spurs just signed modric. wtf?
Even average EPL clubs are loaded these days.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Even average EPL clubs are loaded these days.
This situation is almost the same as it was in the 90's, just that the roles are different now.
Back then there were 6 or 7 Italian teams financially superior to the richest English team and that's why all the greatest talents were bought by the Italians.
Now the same happens with the English. Teams like Tottenham or Manchester City can easily outbid Juventus or Milan.
In last 5 or 6 years no Italian team spent more than 25m eur on one player, while now an average team like Tottenham does it. I doubt any Italian team would have offered more than 12-15 m eur for Modric. Tottenham offered 26.

How can we compete against this ?

Mauro16

The Conformer
May 12, 2006
Flamini is a great player but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't get him. He does a similar job to Sissoko and our midfield could lack creativity with both of them playing. Remember what our football was like under Capello with Emerson + Vieira playing i.e shit.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
My point is that he is way to injury prone. And considering the money we would have to spend on him + his importance to the midfield, it would put us in a tight position whn a player that is important is misssing alot.
Given a choice, I will rather groom Marchisio.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
According to The Independent, Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini is Milan bound as of July 1.

Flamini will reportedly sign a five-year 20 million Euro contract with A.C. Milan. The Rossoneri see him as the eventual replacement to Gennaro “The Snarling Dog” Gattuso.

The contract was worth a million more per year than Juventus’ offer and much more than Arsenal was ready to pony up.

Wenger urged the midfielder to stay loyal to the Gunners, but given his treatment at the club before this season, Flamini was perhaps wise to look out for numero uno.

Flamini is a fine player,but not irreplaceable. Arsenal have an experienced hand in Gilberto as well as frisky youngsters like Diaby and Denilson itching for a chance.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I wont really blame Secco,its the wage structure. I wont want to see Flamini getting that much until he prooves his quality with Juve.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
he is gone to milan. god this just makes me angrier at secco. jesus!
milan like throwing money around to get players, then they complain about being in debt... Juve management are playing it smart and keeping a close eye on our finances which is the right thing to do, since running a football club these days is just like running a business.
Its not the end of the world not signing Flamini, we have great options in Sissoko, Zanetti, Nocerino and the return of Marchisio. We need to sign a creative midfielder, a midfield partnership of Sissoko-Flamini would be very un-creative.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
i think flamini creates a bit, he couldve been a zanetti successor, its true though we should worry about a creative mid first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)