Flamini (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Flamini waiting for Old Lady?

Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini is resisting pressure to sign a new deal with the Gunners, strengthening rumours he will join Juventus this summer.

The talented Frenchman has been in negotiations with Arsenal for several months as the Premier League giants look to tie him to the club beyond this summer when his current deal expires.

However, Flamini continues to turn down an offer believed to be in the region of £50,000 per week, despite appeals from manager Arsene Wenger and teammate Cesc Fabregas.

“I keep telling him to sign a deal quickly because we need him, but he is concentrating on his football at the moment,” Fabregas revealed.

“As we are chasing two titles, everything else isn’t important at the moment, but he wants to know where he will be next season and we all hope he will be with us.”

While Inter and Milan have both reportedly declared an interest in Flamini, Juve have emerged as the most likely destination.

There were reports earlier in the week that a deal had already been agreed with the Old Lady, but these are still unsubstantiated.

Flamini’s future is unclear at the moment, but the longer he holds out on Arsenal the more hope Juve’s fans will hold for a free transfer swoop.

channel4.com

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Flamini puts Arsenal on hold
Fri, 4 Apr 2008 - 18:46

Mathieu Flamini is at the center of controversy as he refused once more to ink a new deal for Arsenal.

The French midfielder's contract expires in June and turned down an offer believed to be around $100 000 per week, if to believe Calcio Italia.

The report suggested Flamini has reached an agreement with Juventus who have been fighting to lure his services since last January.

The 24-year old player emerged as one of the best European midfielders this season and was inspirational for Arsenal.

His teammate Cesc Fabregas urged him to ink a new deal quickly. “I keep telling him to sign a deal quickly because we need him, but he is concentrating on his football at the moment.”

http://sports.filbalad.com/english/News.asp?NewsID=41611

May 19, 2007
Yohhooooo

Juve Fever: Amauri and Flamini

04.04.2008, 10:11

After numerous secret meetings, Juventus and Palermo have decided to accelerate the negotiations for the transfer of Amauri to the bianconeri. The president Zamparini and sporting director Rino Foschi have invited Alessio Secco, Jean Claude Blanc and the president Cobolli Gigli to a dinner tomorrow evening.

Meanwhile Zamparini has fixed the price of the champion: 25 million. The Bianconeri leadership is willing to negotiate on the basis of 20 million. In the agreement there will be some players that the Sicilians like: Above all Palladino. But there are other young juventus players that are liked.

Juve are also preparing for the assault on Flamini. Between today and tomorrow, during the usual market summit they will also discuss this.

Milan is out, the rossoneri have lost ground, probably in a decisive way.

source: Calciomercato.com

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I'm certainly beginning to think that this deal is likely to happen.

It doesn't sound like Arsenal will be willing to up their offer sufficiently.
Nah, he won't leave arsenal. He's playing almost everygame there, and doing pretty good. Its just rumours perhaps to rise his salary demands in arsenal (i dont get why arsenal r being soo cheap when they can afford to pay 3 times his salary easily!! could be an english thing :D ).....

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
Getting Flamini would be more than amazing , I hope this not another case of " Player linked to Juve ... player is going to sign for Juve ... Player performs medical for Juve ........................................................................................................... Player decides to stay with his current team "

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Getting Flamini would be more than amazing , I hope this not another case of " Player linked to Juve ... player is going to sign for Juve ... Player performs medical for Juve ........................................................................................................... Player decides to stay with his current team "
i know what you mean.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
we wont get him and we dont need him, if he comes then there is no chance we will buy a creative midfielder. As good as Flamini is he's not the type of player who we lack atm

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
we wont get him and we dont need him, if he comes then there is no chance we will buy a creative midfielder. As good as Flamini is he's not the type of player who we lack atm
we coudl do with 1 mre CDM and flamini is the one for that, he can create play and pass really well. not to mention he has a great shot. and we could get him free i beleive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)