Finally, Del Piero Strikes Back (1 Viewer)

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
I dont know if Alex his as good as Totti, or if he will be shinin with the NT, but i thing is for shure: he is the most controversial and talked about italian player : Del piero yes, Del piero no, Del piero maybe, Del piero sucks, Del piero shines...

He is still the center of attention of all italian players...for good or for bad....

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 1, 2003
I just hope he would give his best and combine it with Totti's skill. I'm very much sure it'd be a deadly thing for the opponents. History has shown that great partnership and understanding is key to winning Euro championships. :D

Len

Feb 13, 2004
I really hope he will be good at the Euro, just as he siad, and not disappoint everyone again...:D

OP

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
  • Thread Starter #32
    ++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

If you are speaking about DP &the National Team I have to ask:
    What past glory?????
    A great player is a great player, whether in club competition or international tournaments, that's why I expect DP to shine at Euro 2004 and kick some ass.

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
    Just like WC 2002 DP will save Italian asses. I still remember, I was in a cafe watch the match Italy - Maxico. I said to some italian guys, if DP comes in he will score. And he did!

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    the problem is that del piero has been under the lime light for the azzurri since his teenage days whereas totti hasnt. totti can have a bad game and no one will criticise him for it. Del Piero will have a bad game and the world blows up because of it.

its always been like that. Let traps put the pressure on totti. del piero has nothing to lose, if he plays bad, he knows that cassano can replace him in the team. Totti however is aware that no one else in the team can really replace him and do a great job like he can. Im sure that will play in the back of his mind.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
    the problem is that del piero has been under the lime light for the azzurri since his teenage days whereas totti hasnt. totti can have a bad game and no one will criticise him for it. Del Piero will have a bad game and the world blows up because of it.
    Exactly. Im happy he wears the no.7 on his back now:cool: I remember the expression on his face when he missed the 2nd chance vs France in '00. Like he just let down all of the fans, hopefully he plays pressure free and shows me and the rest of the world who DEL PIERO is. I just want this golden trio to work magic together.

Dec 27, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++

its always been like that. Let traps put the pressure on totti. del piero has nothing to lose, if he plays bad, he knows that cassano can replace him in the team. Totti however is aware that no one else in the team can really replace him and do a great job like he can. Im sure that will play in the back of his mind.
    Actually Del Piero and Totti started playing for the NT at more or less the same age. DP's first major tournament was the disastrous Euro '96, where he was 22 and did not play a game, while Totti's debut was Euro 2000 (aged 23) of which he was one of the big revelations. Im gonna sound repetitive but DP did more than just "have a bad game" here and there for some time now.

Also, I think Cassano would be a good replacement for Totti if something happened to him.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    I agree with you baggio , he will Shine ...

Your getting Dp wrong , He didn't said something bad ,, he Just want Trap to Count on Him as well ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)