Final | Portugal - Greece (2 Viewers)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Oh well... the EURO is over, the Champs went back home.

I've always enjoyed watching the EURO much more than the WC. 4 more years till the next one.

Still gotta download all the goals though. Do you have to be a registered user on extratime forums to do it? For some reason I can't see the "goals" section.

And I've reached 2500 posts!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Yep you gotta be a registered user, it's no hard process though :)

Congrats on 2500 posts dude :thumb:

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
I dont think any right minded person could say you didnt deserve it... of course you did...

Did you play good football or were you a good advert for football on the world stage... not by a long shot

But you did the best with the players you had and used precisely the right tactics to beat those put in front of you...

Spoilers ...definately... deserved winners... again, definately

FC Porto

May 31, 2004
First of all , CONGRATULATIONS to Greece (better late than never :D ) for a well deserved victory in Euro 2004.

Once again Greece's coach was able to put together a tactic & a team capable of beating Portugal...
And once again our coach (way too overrated!!!) failed miserably.
After 2 years "playing" around with one stubborn set of options:
Ricardo
P.Ferreira , J.Andrade , F.Couto , R.Jorge
Petit , Costinha
Figo , R.Costa , Simao
Pauleta

he decided after the first 'colapse' against Greece to do the obvious...like getting the best players in the starting eleven.
Maniche,R.Carvalho(the 2 best portuguese in the tournament,I think) and Deco(anyone remebers/noticed that he played about 45minutes against England as a right defender???) Nuno Valente,Cristiano Ronaldo......
Now one can only start to imagine what if these guys had played the friendly fixtures together as a team before the Euro...
Not to mention the fact that Vitor Baia wasn't called to the squad for 'political' reasons... :(

Pauleta is another case of terrible judgement by Scolari.The guy wasn't recovered from a minor injury and lacking confidence but still was selected to play every match he was available to.
The sustitutions during Portugal's matches were too predictable(always the same , basically).

I'M NOT SAYING that Portugal didn't win the final just by Scolari or the players fault...
Greece was superior as a TEAM,prevented Pt from having time and space to play and grabbed well the chance to score (can someone tell me what was Ricardo doing at the time???) , had the will , strength and intelligence to beat us.

I enjoyed the tournament , specially living it everyday in loco :cool: and had a great time with supporters like the Dutch , Swedish , Greek , Danish , Italian , English....

greetings to evryone

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Rushy ] ++
yeah... me actually... you didnt deserved it.. but grecee has shown muscles this year.... no doubt...
of caurse we did.

but it is just too difficult for some ppl to understand and admit it ;)

but,we don;t need anyone to tell us if we deserved or not.
we won,and we are proud for ourselves and we all belive it with all our heart and soul,that we deserved it 100%

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
of caurse we did.

but it is just too difficult for some ppl to understand and admit it ;)

but,we don;t need anyone to tell us if we deserved or not.
we won,and we are proud for ourselves and we all belive it with all our heart and soul,that we deserved it 100%
And here I was coaching you to raise your expectations for Greece in Euro 2004 after they beat Portugal the first time. ;)

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
i didn't expect anything.

not even after winning france,or czech republic.

i didn't want to raise my expectation too high,because in the case we would lose,the disappointment would be less.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I doubt Greece will crush Albania. They can't play catenaccio against Albania and footballwise Greece aren't strong enough to win with more than one goal difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)