Final | Portugal - Greece (2 Viewers)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

Would you say it's the season and the tournament that have been disappointing? Or more has it been the usual favorite teams and/our your personal favorites that have been disappointing?
and how can one tournament be interesting when ALL the favourites are eliminated?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

and how can one tournament be interesting when ALL the favourites are eliminated?
To me the tournament itself is interesting, not the favorites. Couldn't care less about them.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
It's simple. Get on the pitch & do the talk else do the walk. It's a mighty exciting tournament full of surprises. If you are a so called favourite then don't expect the minnows to bow down & salute you. It's finally refreshing to see the minnows holding their own, this is good for football. So I would advise the favourites to go back to the drawing board & get their acts togther. Come back and thrash the minnows ...... that is if you can & the cycle will go on & on .....

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
This euro reminds me of the champions league.

Some great matches, But the 2 teams in the final are shit.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++

I'm disappointed Holland lost, but I'll watch the final....even though I'm gonna be looking at a garbage online video stream. Don't get me wrong, any major tournament is exciting for me. I've been following WC tournaments for as long as I can remember and I've only seen my country in it once. Therefore, my favorite reaching the final or not is not a favor. However, I'm disappointed every time they don't make it.

Still I don't see why you think I should support a certain team in the final. Why can't I just watch and try to enjoy the match?

being a neutral and enjoy a greek match?... pick a team...at least you can simulate some fun into it.....;)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
I got the feeling that the Greek players were satisfied after the semifinal while the portuguese players really want to win tomorrow. Don't get me wrong everyone wants to win but we often see a certain satisfaction from outsiders after a while in the big tournaments.
My prediction is 4-0 to Portugal.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++
This euro reminds me of the champions league.

Some great matches, But the 2 teams in the final are shit.
This sort of reaction I'd file under the denial category in the 12 stages of grief. It's past shock and disbelief, but not quite on its way into anger and depression just yet.

Let's face it, there's a lot of people who wish to go on believing that Les Blues are the kings of the world, Italy is a suitable nemesis for them, and the face of European football is static and not changing right beneath them. Stick those fingers in the ears, yell "La-la-la-la!!" quite loudly, and maybe it will all just go away while happily watching taped replays of Euro 2000.

If the current teams in the finals, whether CL or Euro, are shit -- that should say a lot in comparison about all those teams that have clearly and unquestionably lost to them.

Any team on the top of the heap has earned the right to trash talk over everyone else. Meanwhile, all the losers can go home with their excuses. Because if you don't prove it on the pitch each and everytime the challenge comes, your rights on any claim to be better than anybody else have been summarily revoked.

Face it: all these giants on the losing side are dead and a thing of the past. What have you done for us lately? Long live the next generation of football...

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
If football is indeed changing- I can only welcome that. If smaller teams do know the keys to the "powerhouses'" stability- that's great!

We need football to be competative. We need to have a new champion every two years (and this applies to Brazil for the most part). We need to enjoy major competitions because it is the show we have been waiting for for so long!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I can only say I did not enjoy this European Championship. And let's be honest, the way Greece plays football is just horrible. Whenever Italy plays catenaccio like that everyone is complaining. So for the love of God, don't you dare be happy about the fact a small nation like Greece is in the final.

Jul 19, 2003
Even though I'm disappointed they beat the Czechs, they played the way that allowed them to win. Rehagel knows very well that if he had played attacking football he his team wouldn't have passed the first round.......maybe even come dead last. So they did what works for them and you got to respect them and blame the others that took them lightly.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
Even though I'm disappointed they beat the Czechs, they played the way that allowed them to win. Rehagel knows very well that if he had played attacking he his team wouldn't have passed the first round.......maybe even come dead last. So they did what works for them and you got to respect them and blame the others that took them lightly.

I wanted to say, that whenever Italy plays football like this and win, everyone is attacking Italy. So let's rejoice and attack Greece now. And no serious neutral fan can be happy to see Greece in the final. Especially because they're without Karagounis, at least he sometimes tries to make some sort of weak attacking move.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by AndriesGobert ] ++
I can only say I did not enjoy this European Championship. And let's be honest, the way Greece plays football is just horrible. Whenever Italy plays catenaccio like that everyone is complaining. So for the love of God, don't you dare be happy about the fact a small nation like Greece is in the final.
I see exatly where you're coming from, my friend.

But when I see Latvia and Russia making it to the EURO, when I see Greece playing in the frickin' final, this rings the bell, because Azerbaijan will make it there one day. And to me- that's what counts. No matter where I go, no matter where I live- I will always support my small nation.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by AndriesGobert ] ++

I wanted to say, that whenever Italy plays football like this and win, everyone is attacking Italy. So let's rejoice and attack Greece now. And no serious neutral fan can be happy to see Greece in the final. Especially because they're without Karagounis, at least he sometimes tries to make some sort of weak attacking move.
the difference with Greece playing catenacio and Italy playing catenaccio is, Greece use a productive catenaccio where it succeeds to cover their general lack of natural capability, but Italy's catenaccio is counter productive where it hinders their own stregth and talent...

i have no problem with cataneccio if Italy wins by using it.. but the problem is even Italy cant do it properly.... italy needs to learn how to play catenaccio from Greece....

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++

I see exatly where you're coming from, my friend.

But when I see Latvia and Russia making it to the EURO, when I see Greece playing in the frickin' final, this rings the bell, because Azerbaijan will make it there one day. And to me- that's what counts. No matter where I go, no matter where I live- I will always support my small nation.
Yeah..ok... but last time I checked Russia was quite huge.:D
Not exactly a small nation.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Neptune ] ++
Greece, maybe that's a perfect ending!
IMO the hosts winning the tournament and the underdogs having a heroic run would be a perfect ending.

Whereas Portugal are expected to win the tournament by their fans, I'm sure that if the Greeks lose, they will in hindsight accept that they should be satisfied with their awesome run.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)