Filip Kostić (56 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Dude was Europa league player for the year last year amongst other things.

He shouldnt be judged harshly yet under this piss poor management.

Even Chiesa sucked under Allegri and so far so has Vlahovic

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
I’m not writing him off after 8 games obviously. Bernard got quite a few assists last season with a similarly mediocre team with the same management, that’s not exactly a great stat to use as a measuring stick.

So far a fairly direct swap from De Ligt, Dybala, Bernard, Morata, Chiellini to Bremer, Di Maria, Kostic, Milik, Gatti doesn’t feel any better.

Brny44

Aug 24, 2020
Yes its kostic fault that he underperform... What a moronos some of you are. There is no one player who perform any good those days...he was the best player in eintrach, one of the best in europa league... For me the problem is not in him but above him.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
He’s maligned in this forum for some strange reason, but he’s been one of the few players this season that has contributed and tries to actually make things happen out there.
Probably a lot to do with watching him hit 70% of his attempted crosses directly into the full back nearly every game being such a clear visual.

I believe that issue itself is down to a combination of:
- new environment, slightly nervous so no additional finesse and just trying to cross it early.
- minimal work in training on movement in the box with crossing practice.
- not including tonight he usually only has one marked target in the box against 3/4 defender.
- much like Cuadrado over the years, no overlapping full back or CM/LCB showing for a pass, so the opponent is not expecting anything other than him to wind up for the cross.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
If you see his game in Eintracht frankfurt , he delivers his crosses but there is more than one attacking player for Frankfurt in general. So its more successful there , he is not a Beckham when it comes to crossing accuracy but with the right game plan and system it makes him very good like in Frankfurt and his enegry level is amazing covering the whole flank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)