Filip Kostić (3 Viewers)

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Ideally I'd like a LWB who could dribble and race past their opponents easily. But Kostic finds a way to create a chance in a game even when not playing well. In a team that isn't massively creative, that is important. Ideally we upgrade in the summer but with the current squad he has a use.
Defensively he hasn’t been great either. Consider how often him and Danilo have played on that left side and the fact we concede a lot of chances with that diagonal pass in between the LCB and LWB, especially when you compare it against the other side of the pitch.

As we play a rather pragmatic style of football on the foundation of not giving up chances, he isn’t quite fulfilling his primary responsibility and is lucky that his back-up in Iling hasn’t shown to be any better in this regard.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Strickland

May 17, 2019
told you, before we even signed him.

remember kids; don't buy a 30 years old from frankfurt.
last season he had 3g12a, way more assists than anyone else and TOP5 in goals + assists in a team where he was the 19th best paid player. this season he's fallen off for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if at the seasons end he'll again be topping the assists chart for Juve, he's not easy to watch, but he knows how to put in a cross.

All in all I think it was a decent deal and he has his uses, but obviously is a limited player. If he loses any more of his speed and stamina though he might be finished.

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
All in all I think it was a decent deal and he has his uses, but obviously is a limited player.
It's the kind of signing you make when you have a hole to fill but are not exactly financially stable with a lot of money to throw around.

I think he's been fine for what he is and what he cost.

It would be nice if at this time next year, either Iling-Junior or Weah have emerged and earned the starting job over Kostic (assuming we're still playing 3-5-2). If he's still starting, it'll be a massive disappointment in regards to the development of those 2 players.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I had high hopes for this guy but I've gave up. Below average at best. One trick pony and 90% of the time his one trick doesn't work.

Basically never beats his man and blasts his attempted cross into the nearest defenders back.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Hes gotta be sold/dumped this summer, he doesnt compliment either Chiesa or Yildiz, the two guys he shares a flank with. Both those guys need someone that can drift inside and create space, not someone that hugs the touchline and spams crosses lol.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
This guy is a classic Di Livio but without those sexy legs.

And without a CL trophy won.

And without the stamina.

Actually this guy is not Di Livio.

This guy sucks donkey balls compared to Di Livio.

Last edited:

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
This guy is a classic Di Livio but without those sexy legs.

And without a CL trophy won.

And without the stamina.

Actually this guy is not Di Livio.

This guy sucks donkey balls compared to Di Livio.
Actually if I would had to compare him to one guy, it would be Ricardo Rodriguez . Shines in Bundes, but offers nothing besides the cross in Serie A.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I think one of the main reasonings regarding the Yildiz starting instead of Chiesa was primarily also to allow Kostic to play more freely and effectively on that left side, but once again he seemed to lack both in quality and confidence, no longer showing anything worthy of a starting spot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)