Filip Kostić (4 Viewers)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
weah for me. no duels won, no defensive actions, no key passes, nothing. his long range shot was nice, pretty meh otherwise.

nether of them played a good game. but at least kostic made a few useful defensive moves and had a few key passes.
I mean in general he’s the worst. Weah not that much better though.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I mean in general he’s the worst.
one of the most frustrating, yes, easily

he still does more than weah usually, even though the lazy passing is annoying, just like the lack of any surprising element to his game. he also slowed down for this season. he should be sold in the summer. today though, he was not bad like against salernitana. that was shocking

Boksic

May 11, 2005
He was fine today. Even when not on form he usually finds a way to create a chance (he created a good chance for McKennie) and had a shot cleared off the line. In a team that typically struggles for chances he offers something, particularly when Cambiaso is the only WB impressing. It is up to Illing Jr to earn his spot. I don't expect Kostic to start v Sassuolo.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I was surprised he started but thought he was fine again. Unspectacular but did his job. Once again even when not having a particularly good game he manages to create at least one good chance (created a when Weah fired well over from 6 yards out by beating his man well outside the box, driving forward and picking out a good cross).

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Sooo bad, while the alternatives, in Cambiaso and even Weah are much better. But he did create that second goal
:lol: That is a stretch.

He didn't do much in he first half but improved in the second. Once again he creates good chances though. He set up Vlahovic who really should have scored with a header and his cross for the second is basically an assist.

At the moment only a Cambiaso LWB / McKennie RWB looks like taking his place. But that means Miretti starting in the midfield 3.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
:lol: That is a stretch.

He didn't do much in he first half but improved in the second. Once again he creates good chances though. He set up Vlahovic who really should have scored with a header and his cross for the second is basically an assist.

At the moment only a Cambiaso LWB / McKennie RWB looks like taking his place. But that means Miretti starting in the midfield 3.
I mean, he can't beat his man at all while Weah does it from time to time. I think we are yet to see the real Weah, lately he is improving game by game. While kostic is dogshit alll the time

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I mean, he can't beat his man at all while Weah does it from time to time. I think we are yet to see the real Weah, lately he is improving game by game. While kostic is dogshit alll the time
Weah doesnt have end product. While Kostic might have fallen off, Weah is a hack.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Weah doesnt have end product. While Kostic might have fallen off, Weah is a hack.
Ur right, but I don't like players who are shit for 89 minutes of the game bar that one cross. It's really frustrsting to watch and Kostic lately is basically this kind of player.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
We are seeing the real Weah. He doesn't do enough at either end of the pitch.

Kostic beats his man on occasions, he did it today to set up Vlahovic. The other thing going for him is that he doesn't even need to beat his man to find crosses a lot of the time.

Ideally I'd like a LWB who could dribble and race past their opponents easily. But Kostic finds a way to create a chance in a game even when not playing well. In a team that isn't massively creative, that is important. Ideally we upgrade in the summer but with the current squad he has a use.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Ur right, but I don't like players who are shit for 89 minutes of the game bar that one cross. It's really frustrsting to watch and Kostic lately is basically this kind of player.
I dont like Kostic this season at all but I dislike Weah even more. He doesnt do anything and when in position to cross the ball he badly hits it. Hopefully we get better player next season on the left.

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
I dont like Kostic this season at all but I dislike Weah even more. He doesnt do anything and when in position to cross the ball he badly hits it. Hopefully we get better player next season on the left.
Completely agree. For this season, he's in the role he should be. We'll see if he makes any kind of jump in year 2 and pushes for more time.

If anything, I'd prefer Iling-Junior over Weah if we're talking about replacing Kostic.

But for the time being, all 3 are average/flawed players. And until Weah or Iling-Junior really pick their game up and earn a starting job (like Yildiz is doing), Allegri isnt going to replace Kostic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)