Fighting for third place? (2 Viewers)

Jul 12, 2002
Coem on y'all, we were fighting for third place at the end of last season. It was pure luck that we won and you all know that. Now Milan and Inter are even better, Roma too. Maybe we are better maybe not, but it is going to be even harder this year.

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Amazing views by all of you, the only team that you guys should fear is Roma, why because they are the most balanced team in Italy with the best coach, if Roma had bought either Nesta, Rivaldo, Crespo or Cannavaro then I will be afraid

I stand by my views SerieA is not that difficult to win because most of the sides have big stars but in the wrong areas, there is not a good midfield amongst Milan and Inter just a plethora of stars who are multiple in usually the same areas.

How are Crespo, Vieri and Recoba going to play, we don't know, apart from Dalmat which other quality midfielder is there

Milan how does a manager who won't know how to attack if it gits him on the head going to cope with all his attacking options, do u realy see a team wuth Gatusso in the midfield being a good midfield, and how much can Nesta do if he is going to be covering an aging Maldini, Laursen, Roque junior, Kaladze, Helveg, simic and anyother reall average defenders they have

We are not a great team i grant you that no matter what anyone says but we have balance in serieA at least

Its in Europe that i fear we will be exposed

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Amazing views by all of you, the only team that you guys should fear is Roma, why because they are the most balanced team in Italy with the best coach, if Roma had bought either Nesta, Rivaldo, Crespo or Cannavaro then I will be afraid

I stand by my views SerieA is not that difficult to win because most of the sides have big stars but in the wrong areas, there is not a good midfield amongst Milan and Inter just a plethora of stars who are multiple in usually the same areas.

How are Crespo, Vieri and Recoba going to play, we don't know, apart from Dalmat which other quality midfielder is there

Milan how does a manager who won't know how to attack if it gits him on the head going to cope with all his attacking options, do u realy see a team wuth Gatusso in the midfield being a good midfield, and how much can Nesta do if he is going to be covering an aging Maldini, Laursen, Roque junior, Kaladze, Helveg, simic and anyother reall average defenders they have

We are not a great team i grant you that no matter what anyone says but we have balance in serieA at least

Its in Europe that i fear we will be exposed
AC Milan may be unbalanced, but not as much anymore. And Inter has alays had a solid team, and I think that hey are the team to beat this year. THey were the team to beat last year and they got beat. This year may be different.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Leila ] ++
Really cool :down:
Leila, do you want another scudetto?? Do you want 2 scudettos in a row?? Do you want another 5 in a row??

The more scudettos we win, the less the fans value them. I can imagine that Inter fans will be a lot more happier than us if they win the scudetto. 13 years is a long time.

Personally I'd rather see good competition in Serie A than see us win shield after shield. IMO if we reach 3rd place, I'd be happy. I'd rather see us reach the CL semis or even the quarters.

As long as we progress in the CL I'll be happy. I dont want us to win it next season though. A hard-fought victory is sweet.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i agree and dissagree at the same time!!!
i think Juventus needs to concentrate on the CL a lot more than serie A because, as u said, because we have a lot of scudetto titles.
But, we still HAVE TO win the Scudetto AND the coppa. The goal is not to win one cup, we should aim for everything..."AIM HIGH"
I dream of juve winning the treble as manutd did.
<----- kinda greedy huh! :greedy:

BTW, Milan and Inter are now very balanced.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
why not?treze may have won the top scorer's title last season but it was mostly due to injuries to vieri and sheva.they are also more established and experienced.

Aug 21, 2002
So what if vieri was injured? Treze didnt play in whole 34 matches either. I think he only played in 30 matches while Vieri in 26/28 (?) and scored 22 with 4 penalties.

Treze's still young and there's much room 4 improvement while vierri is ageing and have to adapt to new striking partner crespo, who's as lethal as he is. Btw i'm not sure that crespo will be as generous as kallon did. Kallon was the league top assister till almost half of the competition when he's a first team regular.

And about sheva.. i think ancelotti has his own way to keep his scoring ability low :)

FaNaTiC

Jul 12, 2002
you are all here to pessimistic:fero:

Juve fighting for 3rd place:confused:

If Moggi and Lippi think we have great squad way dont you? If Juve needs some player they will buy him! I have seen so many players suggested here that juve should play with 50 players!
please have faith in our board and our players

FORZA JUVE VINCI PER NOI

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juventuz_com ] ++
So what if vieri was injured? Treze didnt play in whole 34 matches either. I think he only played in 30 matches while Vieri in 26/28 (?) and scored 22 with 4 penalties.

Treze's still young and there's much room 4 improvement while vierri is ageing and have to adapt to new striking partner crespo, who's as lethal as he is. Btw i'm not sure that crespo will be as generous as kallon did. Kallon was the league top assister till almost half of the competition when he's a first team regular.

And about sheva.. i think ancelotti has his own way to keep his scoring ability low :)
Trez played in all 34 matches and Vieri is 28/29 so he is not old

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juventuz_com ] ++

That doesn't mean that Vieiri is not good. He and Treze are about the same right now, but Vieri is bigger and stronger.

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
guys i can understand why u r arguing !! bringing players is not the only soloution for your team !! milan has got many problems and ancelotti knows it , he moved to the 4th spot last season by luck !!

tell me how can you get the balance u aim with rivaldo and rue costa and pirlo in the same time plus that gatusso is zero passer to do the balance you need to be balanced and that what ancelotti misses remember juve with him !! lazio calcio !! 9 points cleaer and we lost it !!

the main threat are inter but they still have that hole on left back coco is a defensive midfeilder not a left sided defender !! remember he tried to close that hole early in the season by playing guly that side and give him more defensive duties ( without pessetto we are facing same problems !) .

roma are perfect team in balancing thier team but they are getting older and older batigoal isn't that batigoal 2 seasons ago , guardiola isn't the guy who were playing for barca aldair ... etc .

our chance is very good ,, we are the holders

conte is doing a great job so do ferrara we need that depth

camorenazzi is a great signing

zambrotta will be back soon ( i hope so)

we are going to keep it enshalla

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
The flip side of that of course is that our best defenders are old Ferrara and Montero worse they are beggining to show their age

Our midfield is average with the one really world class player there being allegedly unhappy thats Davidsand Baiocco and we don't really have a true playmaker in the midfield

But there is always the chance that the other teams will shoot themselves in the foot, just don't expect the same generousity from the Cl teams

jaansu

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by *aca* ] ++
It's Juve you are talking about.

You will fight for the first spot.
And this comes from a Lazio supporter :eek:

This thread is seriously lacking in the positive thinking department. What if Lippi and co were to read this thread or even worse thought like this, our cabinet would be empty come the end of the season.

Our team may be older but I say that they are more experienced. We have only a few new players and they are mostly squad players and not first-teamers, therefore when the seaon starts noone has to adjust to a new style of play or settle in. However bar Roma all of the other title challengers have new additions who have get used to their clubs, coaches and fellow teammates.

Our team can and will challenge for the Scudetto this season and I reckon this is the year Italian clubs strike back in Europe. You may say this is wishful thinking, maybe you're right. But come the end of the season we'll see who's on top of the European pile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)