FIFA's ranking: barring the #1, it makes sense to me (1 Viewer)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Boksic said:
The rankings dont make sense how can England move up to 5th and Portugal moved down a position to 8th when they came 4th in the world cup beating England!
Also take account the fact that both this year and in Euro 2004 (in which Portugal reached the final) the Portugese beat the English to knock them out of the tournament. The list still needs work if you ask me.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
But to Brazil's credit, they have an uphill battle when playing WCs on European soil. Even if the team were largely no shows and people like Roberto Carlos could go on a coffee break during a Zidane free kick in any continent, they're going to be tough no matter what continent.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Nah. Mark my words: South Africa is going to play the home field advantage to the fullest and take home the Cup in 2010. And a 33-year-old Benni McCarthy is keeping the Golden Shoe to go with his 11 match goals. :agree: :D

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
swag said:
Nah. Mark my words: South Africa is going to play the home field advantage to the fullest and take home the Cup in 2010. And a 33-year-old Benni McCarthy is keeping the Golden Shoe to go with his 11 match goals. :agree: :D
Want to see this quote in someones signature for 4 years?? Just to say "I told you they won't" after that?:D

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
The new rankings make no sense!

When was the last ranking done? Just before the world cup?

How can Argentina move from 9 to 3 when they only manged the quarterfinals? While France only moved from 8 to 4th?

The right teams (big teams) Are in the big ten but their rankings are not understandable....Fifa really should consider dropping this ranking thing....an absurd nonse

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #31
    - vOnAm - said:
    The new rankings make no sense!

When was the last ranking done? Just before the world cup?

How can Argentina move from 9 to 3 when they only manged the quarterfinals? While France only moved from 8 to 4th?

The right teams (big teams) Are in the big ten but their rankings are not understandable....Fifa really should consider dropping this ranking thing....an absurd nonse
    They can't drop it, it's what they base their seeding systems for draws on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)